How is it?

how is it?

street urchins are tastier

>eating sea merchants

The show? Sometimes a little bit pretentious, but the production quality is high. Beautiful photography.

I thought it was boring. I didn't think it focused enough on their food, too much on their stories. I only watched a few.

It's like a bunch of follow-ups to Jiro Dreams of Sushi, given that it was produced by the same guy, but Jiro was long enough to put some focus on the actual food. I wouldn't call it boring, but is spot on about the focus.

Yeah, that was my take on it too. I wanted more focus on the food and the technique.

Seconding this. Pretentious twaddle.

What do you consider pretentious about it?

It's fancier than microwaved tendies so it's 100% pretentious.

I feel like it's the editing that made it seem that way. The people featured on the show weren't so bad. Besides, isn't it like some biography thingy? Anything edited with abundance of the same person is going to look and perhaps sound pretentious.

>I didn't think it focused enough on their food, too much on their stories

Yeah, this.

>this monk uses an extremely strict selection of ingredients to create cuisine that wows the world's greatest chefs
>should we explore the flavors of this limited palette and how she harmonizes them to get such extraordinary results?
>lol no dead mom lol no shaving her head lol no let's pan over the lanterns a bunch more

>That Italian adhd manchild chef.
Too pure for this earth.

>that weeajew ramen cook
he just wanted to make noodles and have his waifu and not give a fuck, I found him pretty endearing

underated

I thought it's fantastic. Reminds me a little of the "directors series" with spike jonze, michel gondre etc which is pretty high praise. The chefs themselves can be quite pretentious sometimes but that's gonna come with the territory. I'd say it's one of the best things Netflix has done hands down.

It's more about the people than the food. "The way he combines the flavors... fresh X from country Y" is the extent to which they focus on the food. Isn't that what the series is supposed to be about? Everyone has an interesting story. Go to Humans of New York's Facebook page if you want real human bean stories. I want to learn about the one thing that sets them apart; their culinary skill and Michelin stars.

That doesn't make it pretentious, though. Surely the thing that sets their culinary skill itself apart from that of everyone else is who they are as people, and that's what the show explores. I'd like it if there was more focus on the food too, but the focus on them as people isn't some inherent negative.

MAGNUS FUCKING NEILSON BABY GO GIVE IT A WATCH

i just marathoned first two episodes of this, how did i like it?

Classic.

But seriously, Chef's Kitchen is great. Sometimes they're just okay, but other times they're FANTASTIC.

>WAAHH I HAD TO WORK SO HARD TO GET WHERE I AM
fuck off everyone did

This. Bunch of shit about the cooks and muh childhood muh vision

Nigger I don't give a FUCK about you. Cook something

almost as comfy as pic related episode

I fucking hate your kind. Watching 2 episodes isn't Marathoning.

That's because marathoning isn't actually a word.
Retard.

>marathoning isn't actually a word
Then how are you using it in a meaningful way?

>"I feel like"

git faggot

Protip: there's more than two people in this thread.
Retard.

next time, think before posting

Mind of a Chef is way better. Chef's Table takes itself way too seriously. If you want a less pretentious, easier to follow series with more personality watch MOAC instead.

?

Watch Samurai Gourmet if you haven't already.
It's about a Japanese retiree who finds a purpose in exploring his local cuisine. It helps him overcome some minor social anxieties in a really sweet way. It has a lot of those undersatured cinematic shots that Japanese live-action shows tend to have, but you won't get sick of it if you only watch a couple episodes at a time.

The process fascinates me more than the recipes. I have no interest in creating carbon copies of their food at home, but I am inspired by their creativity and how they come up with new things and are inspired by the world around them. I would rather take these lessons into the kitchen with me. I have many books and YouTube if I want a training lesson on a particular technique (which I don't often need anymore)

You're right. I guess it just happens to be, that the people who get this high in the culinary world tend to be hoity-toity, supercilious poofs. Even waitstaff at these restaurants think they're better than the majority of the general population. And I have no desire to see any of that

faggot

fuck off back to plebbit you god damn millenial normie fuck

Lol you use recipes

Francis Mallmann and the Brazilian have good episodes

>UMA DELISIA
No thanks, sweetie-pie.

>ywn go to some remote island in the middle of nowhere in argentina and throw a bunch of vegetables in a pit while wearing a scarf with francis mallman

why even live

Pretentious as fuck. There are a few good segments.

checked

the Mallmann life is the epitome of /comfy/

This

Needs to show more food, but otherwise well done with beautiful composition.

Went to Atiler Crenn last year after watching. Awesome experience but most I ever spent on a meal.

this show is to gastronomy as planet earth is to biology