What exactly is fire? If fire needs oxygen how is the Sun on fire?

What exactly is fire? If fire needs oxygen how is the Sun on fire?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BxxqCLxxY3M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying the sun isn't only 30 miles above the flat earth and can't breathe the air of the firmament.

The sun is not on fire, neither is your lightbulb or computer monitor. Making light =/= on fire/

Fire is a chemical reaction where oxygen combines with other elements under high heat. Not all chemical reactions that produce heat, smoke, or light are called 'fire". Just ones that happen because of oxygen.

Fire is a reaction.
Sun isn't on fire.

I have been wondering myself. The flames of fire is the substance reacting with oxygen. I always wanted to know why all flames have the same shape.

Sparks transfer energy that is so great it causes the oxygen in air to react with a substance or material. The fire is energy that is being released from the reaction. This energy is transferable, which is why objects around a fire can catch on fire too. There is so much oxygen in the air, the reaction continues until one of the reactants is used up.

Different substances have different flashing points. So this means the energy required to get oxygen gas to react with a substance is based on the physical properties of the substance itself. The color of flames is different for several substances such as metals. For carbon based objects the flame is usually either blue, red, orange, or yellow.

Okay I was thinking to myself about, why isn't a flame spheical ? Why does the flame point upwards or whereever the wind blows?

Gravity

Convection pushes the flame upwards when there is gravity

>gravity

I hope you go to hell and die.

At the base of your reaction point the heat (energy) is the greatest. Since the energy is so high there, it reacts with the oxygen causing combustion. As you go further out from your source you're losing energy and eventually it stops reacting with the oxygen. And why does the fire not take a more spherical shape? Hot air (your high reacting energy) rises as cooler surrounding air drops pushing it up.

Nerds.

and why does cooler air drop?

fucking retard

so why the tip of the candle is hotter than the wick because its the wick thats burning, no?

I'm still trying to figure out how "wind" isn't an element.

>What exactly is fire?
Plasma
>If fire needs oxygen how is the Sun on fire?
The sun has oxygen

>The sun is not on fire

so why is it made of fire?

Implying that flame is in "zero-g".

It’s not.

thats mostly lava

It’s not fire, it’s super-heated light, retard

Hot air is less dense. Do we really have to spell it out for you brainlet?

Plasma.

The Sun is heated by nuclear processes.
If it was a chemical reaction, even if the Sun was pure carbon, it would burn out in just a few thousand years.

o fug

youtu.be/BxxqCLxxY3M

It must be hard to be that fucking stupid, I was going to say you weren't worth it, but no, you have to understand how much of a brainlet you are. Get out.

And why does less dense are drop faggot?

Why are middle schoolers on Veeky Forums?