Early in the week al/ck/

These days are hard. You have been drinking. You want more but know you shouldn't.

Which kind of liqour doesn't make my breath smell of alcohol?

if you're an alcoholic you cant hide the smell of alcohol, period

i told myself id try and do better this semester.. well it's 8 weeks in and i'm doing worse than ever. who the fuck was i kidding? only myself i guess since ive managed to lose everyone that mattered

Sure you're not exaggerating? Who did you lose.

Not really; i open myself up to very few people, and of those select people all of them have managed to go full no contact on me over the last few years. Some of it i deserve, but mostly not.

I still have my father, but he is convinced he doesn't have much longer left, id guess a few years at most. My mum is like me, or rather i'm like my mum, she lives alone and has been an alcoholic for the past 20 years. I havent seen her in over a year because she never makes it to any planned meetups and wont let me come visit (she wont tell me her her new address). Last i heard of her she took 50 valium and drank a cask of wine, jumped off something of inadequate height and fractured her spine.

Other than that, i don't really talk to anyone except anons.

Vodka
o
d
k
a

tfw wanted to spend the afternoon drinking but theres too many people in the office today to slip out.

like that user said you'll never hide the smell completely. your best bet is vodka and make sure you shower before work. brush teeth thoroughly. chew gum constantly throughout the day.

So I should not try a spiced liqour like ricard or mintu? I thought if it smelled like mouthwash or gum...

What the fuck is ricard or mintu?

I've bartended for six years and have never heard of that shit.

Is this some Euro shit?

they sound like liqueurs... people will smell it from across the room

Ricard is a pastis, like pernod. French herbal spirit, IIRC they made them to get around the Absinthe-ban. Not as high-proof (around 40% ABV), but herbal and anise-heavy. Features in oldschool cocktails relatively frequently (Sazerac comes to mind).

It's like vodka-tooth paste

caught a terrible cold somewhere between thurs and friday, woke up saturday with a horrible cough and aching body. It has only gotten worse but have a bottle now so the Fever and achey bones I can surely say arent from lack of booze. ugh

Why don't you asshole never link the new thread in the previous one?

>Benefit of the doubt he was drunk.
might just be retarded though

It's this one asshole he does it every single time

>Lagavulin 16
>Old Speckled Hen
Keeping it classy tonight. This is what heaven tastes like

that is very vague, be more specific.

Drinking Islays when the weather is getting colder is the definition of comfy desu

Pissing rain here, it's really nice. Ordered a bottle of Bruichladdich off amazon which should get in tomorrow, apparently we are getting lightening on Wednesday. Nothing like a good Islay, hope you are comfy too lad

I have now done just that fag

I am desu, even though I'm on the wagon. But smoking weed in the bathtub is also pretty comfy.

Only a part of the booze smell comes from your mouth. The majority of it comes wafting out of your lungs, it's the alcohol that's in your bloodstream.

Given that ethanol is ethanol in the blood no matter the source, you'll be wafting no matter what you drink.

That said, vodka is still the most minimal as it is alcohol and water and nothing else. But you can still count on smelling like booze.

Just chew a really smelly gum like big red.

This is true.
It's why cops use breathalyser to get blood alcohol content : no way to cheat it.

If you'll allow me to get autistic: Pernod is technically an anise and not a pastis. Similar, but not the same.

This is going to sound like trolling, but if you are trying to drink secretly and worried you'll be caught out by your breath , time to start booty binging.
Take a tampon, soak it in vodka, stick it up your ass, go to work or wherever. Keep nice minty breath and catch a buzz.

Anyone have to drink before work and still interact with customers?

Yikes

Don't want to risk having "excessive booty-binging" as cause printed forever on my death certificate.

I drink during work. Beer in water bottle. Or vodka and orange juice. Many does it. More than you think

fuck i could jerkoff to emma stone deep throating a corn dog.

Ask your doctors for medication to help with cravings.

do you get buzzed or actual sloppy during the shift

Still enters the bloodstream, otherwise it wouldn't work. So still comes out through the lungs.

What are you guys drinking this morning?

EtOH pours out of your lungs and skin no matter what the alcohol. No alcohol smells any better or worse than any other. That's why a breathalyzer works.

Nice Takis are legit and I wish we had St Ides here in ca

Does the takeaway from which you ordered that, have a pic online of what they pretend it looks like?

We are drunks and forget a lot.
Or just sort of lose track of things we are supposed to do.

a) Vodka tampon burns like hell. You'd have to dilute it to 10 or 15% max, and get an enema of it. Also, it's close to impossible to insert a soaked tampon even if you regularly shove dildoes up your butt : it's too soft.
Yes, I tried.
b) As said before, it's alcohol in the blood that smells, so anything you do that gets you drunk will make your breath smell of booze (except maybe injecting it directly in your brain after a trepanation).

I don't feel much. I need it or I get bored

Early evening here, but beer and whisky. Cheers

He said to avoid bad breath, not beat the breathalyzer. This is a tested way to get drunk at work with zero evidence. Is this the general for real alcoholics, or is this just a place for mixologists and Scotch snobs to jack each other off? Nobody can beat the breathalyzer, it's a given .
Yeah Im talking about an airline bottle soaked in a kotex. Be warned, though, it will hit you a lot harder than just drinking it. Upside , it's literally the cheapest way to get drunk
I like watching women orally fixate too

Mosth of alcohol breath comes from the lungs, not the little bit of booze that may still coat the mouth.

What are you watching?

was it autism??

Binging game of thrones, enjoying it so far. Might watch some sons of anarchy later

>He said to avoid bad breath, not beat the breathalyzer.
Rinsing your mouth with water works too, in that case. Still not enough to drink at work, since humans can detect alcohol in breath like breathalysers.

The solution is to do benzo.

As long as you're having fun.

>those glasses

posh cunt innit

When I work I usually eat an olive after each shot and swish my mouth with water to throw off the smell. It works well enough.

The sweetness of gum hurts my teeth too much.

Keeps my mind off everything else, with any luck I'll remember most of it and won't need to re watch tomorrow
Groupon came through - £10 for 6 of each delivered

its nice drinking out of decent glassware, it does change things.

Yeah it makes a big difference. Cheap whisky or gin out of the same mug I drank coffee from was really depressing. Feels good to have nice glasses, I bloody use them often enough. I'm even hand washing them and not using the dishwasher to make it feel like I have my shit together

I got drunk on Vodka at work and people could literally smell it yards away.
It smells like rubbing alcohol. Not even breath mints were working.

>Bruichladdich
The pale blue bottle is an odd choice of colour for booze.

Yeah it looks weird, don't like the idea of a bottle you can't see how far you are though either. I went for the Port Charlotte one, comes in a clear bottle thankfully. Nice to have it brought to me, but I do need to go and get more beer tomorrow sadly

Please answer a brainlet and tell me how to order alcohol off of Amazon.

t. me.

typical case of design venturing so far into forced uniqueness that you end up in the domain of things that haven't been done yet for the simple reason that they're fucking ugly

Aww user. That's exactly what I feel taking care with my alcohol goods. It's the only thing that's worth it.

Drank my whole liter of vodka last night, so now having trouble holding down beer (Founders PC Pils). Just need to hold down a few beers to shake off these tremors and hopefully muster appetite for a light meal.

Whether you can or cannot order booze off amazon depends on your location. In many parts of the world it's illegal to mail-order alcohol.

Aren't they using drones in some areas? If I can have my morning drink flown in the window and sat on my pillow every morning, my quality of life will rocket.

>Aren't they using drones in some areas?

AFIK, no. The technology is nowhere near mature yet. But they have done some testing and filed for patents.

I'm in the uk, you literally just type in what you want and buy it. If you have amazon prime it comes the next day

Even the transparent bottle looks like a vial of essential oil.

You lucky bong.

Good evening, non-addicted user visiting.
I have a question for all of you who cannot stop - is it really impossible to break free from alcoholism? Like, you cannot hold yourself from going into store and buy booze every single day? Is the withdrawal effect strong enough to completely impair your judgement and force you to chug yet another glass?

I like to drink from time to time, but I have an iron rule not to dring alone, I'm not smoking too, that's why the whole principle of addiction is alien to me.

Is alcohol on amazon not a thing in other countries? Beer etc is a rip off but spirits are usually cheap

Correct.
In the US, for example, liquor laws are of nightmarish complexity and vary greatly state-by-state. In my state the law separates companies which wholesale and ship liquor from retail sellers of liquor. It is 100% illegal to get alcohol by mail here, unless you are a licensed restaurant or liquor store.

it's not what you think it is rly, a lot of ppl don't even know they have an addiction it's more of a habit (semantics). Ppl end up just drinking and then end up being 40 and being an alcoholic. It's not rly about mental strength and fortitude (even tho that has a lot to deal w/ getting off hardened habits) but more about unawareness and most downers (esp alcohol) make you v unaware of what's going on and what yr doing and how it's going to affect you. Heard from someone a while ago is that alcoholism happens when you've been in the rotations of drinking daily and 20 years later do it to stabilize, it's not rly an immediate problem unless ppl are wild af

>is it really impossible to break free from alcoholism?
No, but it is extremely difficult.

If you are dependent on alcohol then you literally need it to survive. If someone locked you in a cell without booze the withdrawals can be lethal.

just shut the fuck up you blabbering child.
it's a craving. a physical and mental craving. like wanting sweets or sex, and just as intense if not more so. a real biological demand. it lingers for days, weeks, months. trying to ride it out is very difficult, because the only thing that satisfies it is alcohol.

someone needs a drink prolly can't get one bc you just got outta school

The craving is there, sure. But it's more than just a craving. You have physical pain, headaches, nausea, insomnia, and all sorts of other extremely unpleasant physical symptoms if you stop drinking when you are dependent. The only thing that relieves those symptoms (temporarily, of course) is drinking.

>alcohlism is like wanting sex
someone hasn't had sex ever what a fucking idiot

So, how should one proceed to break free out of it? The reason why I'm asking is that one of my friends has fallen into this pitfall, and I'm wondering if there is anything I could do to help him. The real symptoms appeared around 3 years ago, and with each passing year it's worse and worse. He is still able to attend his job (and I have to admit, he is great at doing this, even while working under the influence), but when asked about his lately health deterioration, he avoids the topic and refuses to attend mandatory medical checks.

taper off drinking, form new habits that replace old ones, in extreme cases benzos may be necessary. Something has to fill the void and stop the potential convulsions and pain, no cold turkey bullshit

I can only relate personal advice:

1) Talk to him/her about it. You need to make sure of two things when you do this. First, that the other person is sober at the time. And second, you need to get the point across that this is serious business.

2) The person involved needs to taper off their alcohol consumption. Quitting suddenly is not only dangerous to health, but it's also a lot more difficult to quit. So say they're having 20 drinks a day right now. They go down to 18 for a while. Then 16. Then 14....and so on. Slowly reduce the booze intake.

I can get good streaks of sobriety going after a taper, but when I'm on a bender I'm scared of hangovers and withdrawals.

I'm not necessarily psychologically dependant on alcohol, but I'm a binger. So I will have a glass because why not, and then I have three more, and then I have to keep going until I black out and wake up, and then I get more to deal with the after affects, which turns into another binge and repeat. It's like I'm a temporary prisoner. Once I taper and sober up again after a few weeks it all seems like a distant dream and I can't understand how I could be such a fiend and let a night of drinking turn into a week or more. Which leads to underestimating the bottle and giving it another shot after a few weeks. Repeat ad infinitum.

Everyone is different though.

I canat smok enogh t0 mke me say no
helo ke

I feel ya. I work selling booze, so my routine is to hopefully taper with with a 375ml a day or beer on my weekends, then I go back to work and resume the steadily increasing daily consumption for five days. Rinse and repeat for the past four years or so.

sum cunt on the internet teld me that ah could "aerate" cheap shite red wine that I scored from aldi, thus makin' it moar platable, by sticking a drinking straw into the bottle and blowing bubbles through it. Needles tae say ahm now covered in aldi's own brand shiraz from heid tae fuckin toe.
it went all over mah new burberry jacket and mah timberland pieces ma maw bought me fi' christmas.

If I find oot who did this ah'll cut their fucking gizzard oot with a stanley knife. Ah'll chib sum cunt, ah'm tellin' ye, kenwotahmean.

fuxache.

fucking bawbags.

I've been meditating lately and it helps because it makes me more resistant to self-trickery.

I take naltrexone to curb cravings. Really helps me. Tried AA and rehab before but they didn't help much. It's a mental and physical disease.

I was talking about when you are detoxed How it continues to manifest

Can we post more sloots eating?

First step is admitting he has a problem, and that he should stop.
Then, no cold turkey. Withdrawals can be dangerous. He needs to taper booze (it's easier with beer), or switch to benzo and taper those (see a doc for that option). Should last a week or two.
Then, it's post-accute withdrawals (PAWS) for about a year. With fun things like cravings, brainfog, anhedonia, depression, falling off the wagon and starting everything from the beginning...

He'll have to do it himself, you can offer support. And look for a cheap/free outpatient rehab program in your area. Be prepared to go out and not drink (or drink soda) with him.

Lookup alanon, it's for friends ans family of alkies, they may have information for you.

>sum cunt on the internet teld me that ah could "aerate" cheap shite red wine that I scored from aldi, thus makin' it moar platable,
Yes, he's right
>by sticking a drinking straw into the bottle and blowing bubbles through it.
as well as a troll. Or a drunk, it's really the kind of shit you do drunk when you don't have proper glassware around.
Sorry for your shoes, they're nice.

Thanks, will try talking with him about it soon. Have a nice evening.

>I heard from my father's gf that he started drinking again, and that he tried to down a handful of sleeping pills last night
>cheers, I'm not that bad off
>I'm not proud, though

Try your blender

does it work with buckfast?

mah blender has a tast of onion after makin soup that ah cannae remove

Wines fir fucking poofs

i scored more fanny than you've hud hot dinners, bambi.
ah'll drink what ah want.

i'm a cultured man. you expect me tae be like wan of those soft cunts drinkin' spesh brew and pishing themeselves in the library at 11am?

get fucked

Quit typing like a faggot. You fucking faggot.

I sure hope you're not proud user. Why in hell would you drink a four loko?

Back on board's topic: saw it on serious eats, I think.