Why do you waste food?

Why do you waste food?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2566748/Inside-Indias-rat-temple-20-000-worshipped-fed-protected-scurry-feet-tourists.html
timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/madurai/Rodents-destroy-crops-in-district-paddy-worst-hit/articleshow/47355035.cms
theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/05/muslim-man-dies-in-india-after-attack-by-hindu-cow-protectors
streetspac.org/meet_the_candidates
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

as a personal fuck you to all Africans

More preservatives would fix the problem of wasted food. And to think people bitch that McDonalds food won't decompose. baka

If we all had compost piles this wouldn't happen.

This was proven fake and I can confirm. I left some mickey d's out after watching super size me and it rotted just fine.

McDonald's doesn't use trans fats anymore

because I can
everytime I throw half of what I prepared out I thank god for this privilege

Because I buy it with good intentions then circumstance dictates I can't use it.

Here's a hint, buddy; most of that waste comes at the industrial levels.
>growers leave the wierd shit behind = whole lotta waste
>wholesalers weed out the junk and poor looking crops =whole lotta waste
>distributors add time so it changes more
>retailers have even higher standards for look and quality = whole lotta waste
>sits on shelf and some more gets past prime =whole lotta waste
>consumer bob doesn't use his 6 tomatoes = not a lotta waste

because portions are too big and most people who prepare food for a living are dumbasses who burn shit, undercook shit, or make food that's too greasy, too salty, or too dry.

And I'm not an animal who licks cold red sauce off a plate, drinks the dregs of instant ramen, uses all the dressing that comes with a salad, chews on the fat ribbons from steaks, eats shit that's fallen on the floor, or any other disgusting shit because "oh no, that's wasteful!"

I don't waste food. I even make stocks from the bones.

Majority of waste is on the commercial level i.e. distributors throw away food that is perfectly good to eat but it just looks weird, like potatoes that grow in weird shapes.

On a personal level though, I try my hardest not to waste but sometimes I cook too much and since it's just me I'll have leftovers that I can't eat within a few days so I pitch them. Kinda sucks but it's still cheaper than convenience foods

This user is right. While it's a good thing to try to not be wasteful as a consumer, we won't make real headway until industry starts adopting that attitude.

Even so, I do my best not to waste stuff.

>People wasting food costs the economy
Yeah right, the economy loses because we bought too much.

>united nations

dont care about one thing these fags say

This.
And there is enough food grown to feed everybody on Earth. The problem is one of distribution. Food either spoils too fast or has no good way of getting to those who need it.

who needs it? niggers?

You forgot:
> be a third world shithole
> with designated shitting streets
> cows wandering the streets
> don't eat the cows, they're holy
> if you eat beef, mud people will murder you
> rats destroy as much as 46% of the grain harvest
> they have temples devoted to the holy rats
> they feed the rats at the temples

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2566748/Inside-Indias-rat-temple-20-000-worshipped-fed-protected-scurry-feet-tourists.html

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/madurai/Rodents-destroy-crops-in-district-paddy-worst-hit/articleshow/47355035.cms

theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/05/muslim-man-dies-in-india-after-attack-by-hindu-cow-protectors

This is why all Indians deserve to starve to death.

transphobic cis-hetero-restaurants must die.

I don't though.

Once you've purchased food it's yours to do with what you please, if anything exchanging equity even if you gain little value from your investment, stimulates the economy so your premise is flawed

Or the dictators who run some of these perpetually starving countries have an interest in keeping the poor masses starving, so they never get enough power to start a revolution.

wasting food turns me on
whenver I put good food down the garbage disposal or in the trash it gives me the hardest boner

Because there is no significant consequence to the action that negatively affects me in any way.

I hate "wasting" food, so I cram it in my already full, already obese body. Because that totally is better than throwing it away. somewhere in Africa a starving nigger is smiling knowing that I shoved that food in my face

Remember Ethiopia back in the 1980s? That "Live Aid" shit was hilarious. The whole reason they were dying was that the Communist dictator was blocking food from being transported around the country so that people in areas that didn't support him would starve to death.

Then along came a bunch of rock stars who pushed the myth that this was all because of "climate change" and "drought", and they sang songs and held a big concert and sold tee-shirts to get people to donate money and stuff for "relief". First World leftards donated millions, some of which were actually sent (after expenses and skimming) to Africa. Companies sent entire shipping containers full of last year's sneakers (left foot only) to fucking Africa as "charitable writeoffs".

I thought it was the biggest ridiculous waste in the world, and it turns out I was wrong, because the niggers on the receiving end used the money to buy machine guns and they shot the shit out of the Communist government's troops and overthrew the Communist dictatorship.

So I guess some niggers aren't so fucking stupid after all.

If all /pol/tards have an extra chromosome like this guy, why would anyone go there? Oh, nevermind, the answer already appears in my text.

I'm feeding my chickens with my leftovers.

You don't remember Live Aid because you're 15 at most.

Climate change wasn't blamed. It wasn't a thing back then. I agree it didn't work. The reason why is that the Africans breed above their means. But that's not PC to say, so we have to feed the babies so they can also have too many babies.

Not that poster, but I remember a hype around the greenhouse effect even back then. It mostly revolved around the CFC gasses we used in spray cans, which was considered the (or a) main culprit.

I don't remember it being linked to hungry Ethiopians though.

>humans are bacteria
Okay

Are you arguing or agreeing? What you said is true but is [oh fuckit, I can't be bothered]

>It mostly revolved around the CFC gasses we used in spray cans, which was considered the (or a) main culprit.
Lol, no, that wasn't the problem with CFCs. The problem was the ozone hole, which has got nothing to do with global warming.

t. 70s kid (only 70s kids will remember this)

>The problem was the ozone hole,
Yes.

>which has got nothing to do with global warming.
No. The reason why the "hole in the ozone layer" was bad is literally because of global warming.

I don't.

By the way, most of that food is wasted by the Supermarkets themselves, which would rather throw out groceries than help the poor in their communities.

>The reason why the "hole in the ozone layer" was bad is literally because of global warming.
No. No, no, no. Google this, you're very confused.

I was a child of the 70's. I remember it well. Everyone was bitching about the "hole in the ozone layer" resulting in polar ice melting, etc. That sure sounds like global warming to me.

Your friends were either very advanced scientists possibly in touch with space aliens or time travelers from the future, or more likely just uninformed idiots.

In the 1990s, long after the CFC scare, a consensus developed that there were links between the ozone hole and climate change, but in the time period we're talking about, it was about everyone dying of skin cancer.

I remember the cancer thing too, but I specifically remember seeing people talk about polar ice melt on TV. It stuck with me because when I was a kid at the time I was obsessed with the ocean and anything remotely related. If you had asked me at the time I'd have ranted for ages about how I was going to be a marine biologist when I grew up. I remember seeing the people on the news talk about how the hole in the ozone was melting ice caps and that freaked me the fuck out due to my interest in the ocean.

I don't remember the phrase "Global warming" from that time period though, you're right about that. Nobody seemed to talk about that at all. But I distinctly remember the mention of the ozone hole causing antarctic ice melt.

"Global warming" was absolutely a phrase in the public discourse in that time period, it's just that nobody was looking into connections with ozone depletion. People were concerned mainly with carbon dioxide, a few fringe lunatics were blaming methane, but it was mostly CO2.

>costing

these people are retarded

This is completely off-topic and retarded, I mean you could google what CFCs do.

CFCs strong bonds which bind to free radical oxygen atoms resulted in the hole in the ozone layer, that free radical oxygen which under natural circumstances binds with other oxygen atoms in the ozone layer is special because they absorb UV light to form these bonds. The presence of CFCs disrupts this process and allows excess UV rays to pass through this layer which is dangerous for all life on Earth, not just humans.

>"Global warming" was absolutely a phrase in the public discourse in that time period
I'm not arguing with that. I just meant that it wasn't used in context with the hole in the ozone layer discussion (at least not that I can recall).

Neither was anything about melting ice caps. I am not sure whether your sources of information growing up were uniquely bad or if mine were uniquely good. A lot of my friends parents, and my own parents, were scientists in academia or the public sector (universities, NASA and that sort of thing), but I did follow mainstream popular news sources like National Geographic, Discover, Sky & Telescope, and Scientific American. Just not TV hosts, since we didn't have a television.

Also since I just said we didn't have television I am now obligated to mention that I don't own a car. Or a microwave. Or, of course, a television.

>I am now obligated to mention that I don't own a car. Or a microwave. Or, of course, a television.

Does that make you feel superior or something? Too bad that feeling doesn't extend to whatever device you're using to shitpost from.

Good thing you don't know what the fuck you are talking about either.

And the older I get the more I agree with my parents' decision to keep those things away from children during their formative years. Truly abhorrent things, much like the 5,000 pound motorized wheelchairs that demand more, more, more accommodations at the expense of humanity

Anyway off to vote, remember to vote if you live in New York

streetspac.org/meet_the_candidates

>And the older I get the more I agree with my parents' decision to keep those things away from children during their formative years

Why, exactly? Do you and your parents equate the presence of something with abusing that thing?

And why hasn't this extended to the internet and mobile technology? That seems rather hypocritical.

i don't. i buy freeze dried food from a mormon company. only use what i need. very little if any waste

It's funny how the retard is scared of using a microwave and yet claims some false sense of superiority over others.