Are topologists the greatest threat facing humanity?

Are topologists the greatest threat facing humanity?

Other urls found in this thread:

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/c189/6ea023d79fb9aa2aff3940f07a21d9cd8d8f.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=XOZN3XZdoO0
mathoverflow.net/a/19173
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Id give sphere doggo a homelife

why are mathematicians so smug

Actually dogs are a torus (like most animals), since the skin continuously joins with the throat, stomach and intestines.

>the digestive system is a hole

Don't you mean half a hole?

>half a hole

It is. This should demonstrate it better.

but the stomach is full of fluid, same with other parts of the digestive tract

What difference does that make? If you jump in a pool your skin doesn't have the surface area of the water. Were' talking about skin only, fluids are irrelevant.

Skin is only on the outside
on the inside it's epithelial tissue
the inside of your mouth is same material as the inside of a vagina
tldr we are all cuntfaces

You're neglecting the nose.

Alright, this torus then.

Air is also a fluid.

what about ears ?

Shouldn't the nostrils should be a pair of pants?

As far as I'm aware, ears don't connect to anything. It's just a deep depression.

You cannot have half a hole. It's either a hole or it's not

Ignoring the nostrils.
Two hole torus master race.

If your ear drums ever break there's a clear path from ear canal to nasal cavity. Also don't forget the ducts that carry moisture from the eyes to the nose.

Don't forget that our skin is porous and that holes open and close in our cells and really we're an over trillion holed torus that fluctuates its number of holes through time.

There's literally nothing wrong with topology.

Look, we could zoom in on a quantum level where, topologically, we'd just be a bunch of one dimensional points. We need to draw a line somewhere.

>quantum level
>points
Fucking retard.

oof.

What the fuck do you think a quark is?

I've been studying analysis and most books have a chapter on the topology of metric spaces. Thing is, I don't get how does studying open sets and their properties relates to the "the properties of space that are preserved undercontinuousdeformations, such as stretching,crumpling and bending, but not tearing or gluing." Is it because the topology part on analysis books is baby tier or am I just a brainlet?

A spinor field represented by operator-valued distributions in [math]L^2 \otimes \mathcfrak{sp}(1,3)[/math], namely NOT a classical particle which is represented by actual points in a symplectic manifold.
Don't try to weasel your way out of this, dumbfuck.

fucking lold

:^)

topology is incredibly unintuitive at first. I mean, the material is easy, but it's not at all obvious why open sets, continuous mapping (defined by the inverse-image defintion) have anything to do with geometry, deformations etc. only after learning some differential geometry and some basics of algebraic toplogy it started to make some sense to me.

>hurr durr

>(provided it keeps its mouth shut...)
What are mathematicians doing to their dogs?

If Lurie has his way, all math will be topology.

What is the point of topology? Does it have any "real world applications" or is it just something people have fun with? It seems like a lot of people hate it, but it seems fun to me.

heres two
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/c189/6ea023d79fb9aa2aff3940f07a21d9cd8d8f.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=XOZN3XZdoO0

The answer is that stretching, crumbling, and bending all preserve closeness but tearing and gluing do not.

Here is a much better definition of a topological space, using only the intuitive notion of closeness:

mathoverflow.net/a/19173

tldr: topology is about closeness

(actually, gluing does preserve closeness, in fact gluing is a common topological operation)

Yes, the real world application is weeding brainlets out of math degrees. Otherwise, nah. It’s a meme.

I claim the chick in the YouTube video as my mathfu. Would stretch and deform.

I bet her pussy tastes like reasonably priced shower gel.

But that's true already since topology contains physics which contains math.

That makes no sense

*geometry

Physics contains geometry yes.

And geometry contains physics

We wuz faggit spinners

Please tell me how physics contains arithmetic geometry

Is that assuming Zorn's lemme?
Amplituhedrons.

>Amplituhedrons.
That has nothing to do with arithmetic geometry

Topology without strict Geometric principles and philosophy is inate foly

T. quantitized geometrodynamitician