How the fuck we gonna get rid of these pseuds who think expounding on philosophy and Joyce is a sign of their...

How the fuck we gonna get rid of these pseuds who think expounding on philosophy and Joyce is a sign of their incredible intellect?
They're coming in here, like they own the place, demanding polyglotism and infinite stacks of 'patrician' literature.
These fucking tryhard pseuds is what saps the uniqueness of Veeky Forums. Do we want people to shit out their love for Pynchon all day, until the board is uniform, all plebs cut from the same cloth? nothing bizarre or outlandish?

i see you've met the kettle, mr pot

the fuck are you talking about? when did i start bullshitting about my superiority based on how many languages i know, or wave my dick around about how many books i've read?

Veeky Forums is the summation of western dialect. Relax, user

you're demanding to be made comfortable. polyglots apparently send you into some weird spiral of projected self hate by just existing.

your post isn't well thought out, so i don't think your contributions are necessarily better than any other anons. it seems to mostly be, stop liking what i don't like. you complain about things which are beyond your ken, and then demand the bizarre and outlandish, while also trying to make out that pynchon or joyce didn't cater especially to those who want the bizarre or outlandish.

i think the reason you think other people are faking it is because you can conceive of anything beyond yourself. some of them probably are faking it, but you bear more in common with them than with a heavy-on-the-content poster. e.g. making a thread to bitch about board culture promoting books and languages

i don't really believe you're capable of better content.

>can conceive
*can't conceive

wrong. on all counts. it's not a matter of comfort, if anything the repetition is comforting in its dullness. what i want is for people to eke out more creativity instead of relying on the same shit again and again. Pynchon and Joyce are not beyond my ken in the sense that their consistent use in meme topics aren't beyond my ken. If you think somehow I hate myself, because this channel is becoming a dinner party in The Recognitions, then by all means, believe that. No, my problem is the demand that Veeky Forums conform to some normalcy consistent with an academic aristocracy that never existed on this board to begin with. as i said, by all means, believe whatever you wish to.

>mfw the mere existence of polyglots never fails to trigger anglos

>he doesn't remember the medievalists
>he doesn't remember the classicists
>he mostly reads the shit threads
>he's afraid of Veeky Forums getting better at things because he thinks speaking greek was ever normal outside greece
>he couldn't turn a joyce discussion into something in depth or interesting
i don't even like joyce and i can write better posts on him than you. the fact you think anyone who does something that approaches basic competency in literature is obviously faking it suggests to me that you think those skills aren't real. you sound grandiose, and, you've given me no reason to believe you could form good content. i'm guessing you won't be the one to restart the chaucer vocaroo threads and you'll keep swimming in the shallow end to feel good about keeping your head above water.

>he reads mostly shit threads
show me one thread that isn't shit.

>people who are smarter than me need to leave this board
OK user I'll be going and I'll take my intellectual discussion and subtle memes with me. enjoy becoming r/books 2 /pol/vs/leftypol/ boogaloo

so you can come shit them up? i'd prefer you keep wailing in pynchon threads desu. you'll just bitch in any thread i point you to.

you can't see how much like a insecure girl who just got her poetry critiqued screaming YOU POST SOMETHING THEN you're acting now, and how those girls never become good poets or critics even though they think they'll easily shit all over anything posted in response. really, man, check yourself.

thank fucking christ.

who knew my posts about avoiding uniformity in Veeky Forums would usher in these posts of projection. get over yourself, the chan is shit, amd the people who try to enforce a higher standard are the ones at fault.

>let's have non-uniformity where everyone agrees with me and nobody can insult me
you're short, aren't you?
>higher standards are bad
even napoleon didn't have short man syndrome that sour

c'est chouette n'est pas ?

>non-uniformity where everyone agrees with me
you're a special kind of retarded.

you're not convincing me of your position and getting pissy about it like a teenage girl, so yeah, i think your "let's be non-uniform" is that of a teenage girl who means "so long as it's the sjw type of non-uniform"
multiple languages is one of the things that keeps the board from becoming uniform, and you're hoping your monoglot ass can become the norm, as can not studying literature and not trying to better yourself. you're not just retarded, you're a whiny retard who can't produce content of any quality.

yes, i'm sure you've produced threads of astounding quality that cover the broad spectrum of human communication. i'm using polyglotism as an example, you've fixated on it, which implies that it's of supreme importance to you, and that it's most likely a product of your hard work. i have no problems with this. it's when posts like "you don't belong here unless you have read 10,000 books and have mastered cuneiform and have published six novels" pop up at a steady rate, and the elitist patrol sears through, getting angry at pranksters who post about booktubers. the uniformity i mean is the one where literature becomes a utilitarian thing, a thing of boredom and mechanical fixation. i love reading through the archives of this channel and seeing the spontaneity of the genuinely genius people that were once frequenting its digital folds. they didn't project a rule of law that people would adhere to for eternity. they wrote, and let go, and wrote humorously, brilliantly, and chaotically. I know people are more intelligent than me, which is one of the reasons I read those more intelligent than I, to gain a window into the world of a better thinker. Not to be told that I must adhere to their rules so I can think just like them. There's a fucking difference.

thanks for reminding me i missed the chance to learn cuniform in clay.
the thing is the people you're complaining about aren't going to make you better if you keep complaining about them. you need to get the skills to whomp their asses with reference to the text and well thought out posts. learn a language and then prove to some pseud cunt who claims to understand it that they really don't. what you're doing isn't going to make them feel shame and is just going to get your ass whomped by someone who has put in the effort. that's why i can hold a conversation about authors i don't even like such as joyce and educate a motherfucker about how that piece isn't even joyce it's marx translated and then go on to berate them about not understanding tea prices in turn of the last century ireland under uk rule. you're too busy complaining about pseuds to actually get good. get good and then force others to get better. don't just bitch about how having higher standards is definitely fake.

You bastard. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas... I’ll bet you couldn’t pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won’t go away. I would rather kiss a dick than be seen with you.
You’re a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are an asshole, a cad, a weasel, a pissworm. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.
I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformation. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?
Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.
You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.
You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You’re a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won’t have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.
And what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?
You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral[size] equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meat slapper.
On a good day you’re a half-wit. You remind me of drool.

if you're going to meme shit, could you find pasta without sentence fragments?

the worry of being "whomped" and the worry of not being able to "whomp" hard enough isn't the harbor of creativity. i see your point clearly, but i don't think superiority and elitism is going to do anything good for this place, it's just going to transform more and more into a glorified /mu/.

i'd argue that's because we're losing our hostile and competent elite. unfounded superiority creeps in because people aren't used to being questioned. language threads don't have that so much, but if you're not a fan of dfw/pynchon/the the other circle jerks, you don't need to look at those threads. most of those anons have a very limited range to their pseudo shit and you can hide their posts if it really pains you that much to see them. but i think your position is based around only ever focusing on those posts and never getting better. the standard response to any thread about board culture not talking about books is "your thread isn't about books" for a very valid reason. that kind of shit doesn't solve anything compared to a competent post about a book.
the speed of the board is probably a bigger problem than superiority and elitism. we have more posters who post more threads, and most of them are new. before you might have to samefag both sides of an argument until someone else chimed in, but now you also need to compete against the speed of the board and volume of traffic. the answer is still to create good content.
>the worry of being "whomped" and the worry of not being able to "whomp" hard enough isn't the harbor of creativity
it actually is. i don't think roth would be as good as he is if geng didn't bully him. most writers face larger and more vicious criticism than Veeky Forums calling your ass dumb. a contentious atmosphere forces you to get better, and those that need to be coddled and spoonfed aren't going anywhere.

>How the fuck we gonna get rid of these pseuds who think expounding on philosophy and Joyce is a sign of their incredible intellect?
>Do we want people to shit out their love for Pynchon all day,
>posts a pic of gaddis

lel

hey fuck you m8.

It's a shame you can't just talk about shit without someone barging in screaming PRETENTIOUS, PRETENTIOUS!
Consider it's a problem with you.

>screaming pretentious
i didn't use that word even once, let alone scream it twice, friend.

fuck sake, now they're spamming.

We need to do it the way we did it in classical threads on /mu/. Humiliate, shame, insult. The plebs will get tired of it and just leave, then we can discuss our patrician stuff at ease, without having YA threads and the rabble always commenting.

brainlet detected

if intellectualism blends into a grey morass, it's not a sign that it's all identical, but that you're too stupid to make out the differences.

>he believes that there are any intellectuals on this board

>waahhh why cant i understand what the smart people are talking about

>he believes that BRAAAP threads are the fruit of human intellect

did you mean to include the last one? because that's the guy telling OP he's an idiot for all the other posts

But Joyce is a good boy!

OP is a pleb.

Although maybe partial, I remember Veeky Forums as being a lot more elitist one year ago or so (before a few leaks of the shitty top 100) - Even saw once or twice actual academicians spitting at each others / genuinely well written text (mostly in french threads, if I record, but also in a few others). So, don't want to be aggressive but maybe you're an oversensitive pleb

n'est-ce pas*

Sometimes the gods descend. Living at the top gets lonely.

I bet OP is the same stupid poster that made the 'muh soggy knee' thread. How about you go read a book, nigger?

Its literally all NEET Canadians. I'm right. You know it.

>expecting intellectual debate on Veeky Forums
>being this new

lmao

you guys are still plebs. OP here, and you should all be reading instead of asking why DFW didn't write fantasy and how Batman and Tristram Shandy are the greatest characters ever created.