How does one stave off hunger? Or just the urge to eat in general...

How does one stave off hunger? Or just the urge to eat in general? Ive tried just reading or browsing Veeky Forums but i cant focus on a book and if i browse Veeky Forums i go straight to Veeky Forums and basically torture myself.

Whats another good way to distract yourself when youre trying to lose weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghrelin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Drink a buttload of water.

And just remember: hunger is fat leaving the body.

Just stop the eating and wait it out

The hunger goes away after whatever short while

Fasting is not ignoring hunger its just not eating for extended periods of time which can lead to issues like gall stones and who knows what else

You get used to it. I forget to bring food to work and some days go by when I eat a banana for breakfast, then a bowl of oats for the night.

I need to remind myself to eat in order to gain after workouts.

Sounding

Nicotine or caffeine

Holy shit, just eat less calorie dense but higher nutrition food. I have two meals a day and am always under 2000 and that's with a beer.

eating ice is a great way to drink your brain into thinking it had food. you won't need to do it for long

>How does one stave off hunger?
Have mummy buy you a happy meal, fucking retard, aka autist

This.

This, although beer's typically a bitch to find calories for and you get more drunk-per-calorie with hard liquors like vodka. Shot of vodka has something like 95 calories while a pint of stout has a minimum of like 200. Tried Becks light beer since it's the lowest calorie thing on the market (4.9% i think, about 65 calories or some shit like that)

>Cut to 1700 calories daily, keeping track on a little whiteboard
>Lost 5 pounds a week with just walking my dog

Also, a good way to cut calories is investing in a spiralizer. Got one for $20.

>Get tomato and bell pepper soup/make some
>Spiralize 1 zucchini/squash (zucchini like 60 calories or so, usually go by the gram and weight shit) into noodles
>Add faux noodles to soup
>Season, usually just use salt, curry powder, and a bit of cayenne
>Bring soup and zucchini noodles to boil
>160 calorie meal that fills me to a food coma for a couple of hours.

Beck's light isn't anywhere near that abv. Alcohol is around 160cal/foz. So in Beck's light, at 2.3%abv you're looking at around 44 calories from alcohol and 22 from "beer".

Figured, it was something super low but I hadn't touched the stuff since I bought a case. Luckily my dad likes the shit so he's been burning through when he comes by to drink.

And I agree, that's some "beer".

Abstain from fatty food.

Try getting a job or leaving your house.

Water, lots and lots and lots of water. If you can sleep, naps will help you not eat. Unless you have really messed up sleep walking.

>if i browse Veeky Forums i go straight to Veeky Forums and basically torture myself.
Don't you have hobbies that aren't food? If that's the case go to /wsg/ or something.

Methylated amphetamines do the trick, cocaine and cigarettes do too to lesser extent.

>distract yourself when youre trying to lose weight?
Go on keto and you won't even notice that you are hungry. It's truly amazing.

Just eat meats, vegetables, fatty stuff, and ZERO FUCKING CARBS or as close to that as you can manage. Your hunger pangs won't happen any more. They're all triggered by insulin, ghrelin, and leptin. Your body will reduce production of all three if you just stop eating carbohydrates.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghrelin

>naps will help you not eat.
I believe this is true. I swear that when I nap, my body eats itself (mostly fat reserves) and I don't feel as hungry or tired when I get up, even if I lie down for only 20 minutes..

>Just eat meat and fat for a healthier you in just 60 days

>vegetables
>zero fucking carbs
Something doesn't add up......

If I drink a cup of cold brew in the morning I won't feel hungry for breakfast and then I only eat enough to get rid of hunger instead of eating a healthy amount. I weigh 120lb now since I did all this somewhat accidentally and I really need to gain weight because none of my jeans fit anymore

Work out.
"But user, when I work out I get hungry!"
Work out at low intensity for a longer period of time. You won't be as hungry afterwards. Try an hour+ of light jogging, nigga. It'll fill up the hours and you'll get healthy.

You missed the
>or as close to that as you can manage
part.

It's pretty fucking easy. No potatoes, rice, bread or other wheat-based foods. Eat lettuce, celery, mushrooms, cabbage, cucumbers, broccoli, and LOTS OF MUTHAFUCKIN CAULIFLOWER. You can even eat limited amounts of tomatoes and onions. There are a lot of other vegetables that have relatively little carbohydrates.

You know what's bad for arteries? Being 100lbs overweight is bad for arteries. Eating bacon and eggs? Doesn't even register compared to being a blimp.

I psyched myself out really. hunger isn't that hard to endure. give yourself a half ass punch in the arm: could you manage that pain? congrats, you're tougher than hunger.

the only real challenge for me was my increased irritability

>He has to lose weight
How do you get 100 pounds overweight? Fucking embarrassing.

Start building shit.
If you are at work, prepare a lego-kit or some building blocks and fiddle with those.
If at home, build that deck you always wanted or whatever.

If you suck at building stuff or hate it, go and have neuro feedback to deal with your lack of impulse control.

Just snack on veggies and drink lots of water (not enough to be a gallon, that will kill you)

Getting drunk with a tasty beer is preferable