Just got into a PhD program for maths

>Just got into a PhD program for maths
This is it boys.

I'm still waiting, what country?

keep all guns in your house unloaded and safely stored
for your and your professor's own good

Congratulations! What are you interested in studying?

math

kek'd

I got into PhD program at Columbia today. Feels good.

Congrats

Thanks bud.

what exactly you fucking numb prick

Good job buddy. Wait til you finish that Ph.D. Then you'll be able to unironically say
>Ph.D. in Math
>any job I want
>$300k starting

Congrats, I'm finishing my last semester of a math PhD at [Anonymous State University in the US Northeast].

penn?

Finding a job as a PhD outside academia is almost impossible

>tfw no colombian gf

wrong, check any data science job application

“masters or phd preferred” is very common

That's Colombia, you brainlet.

>Won't get accepted to any of the programs I applied for

Do you think we should care faggot

How good is the program? What was your resume/CV and portfolio like when you applied?

Columbia is already deciding !?

please show proof (no personal info needed, just part of the notice from columbia), i don't believe they should be deciding yet

If you give me an email, I can give you a redacted version of the email I received. I'm not uploading that to Veeky Forums.

You are almost there! There being a lifetime of poverty.

I was checking some potential PhD adviser at Cambridge in algebraic geometry. He had a list of all his past students and current whereabouts. About a third were academia, another third top level bankers, and the other third just normal jobs which I assume were also pretty top tier.

How do you support yourself while pursuing higher education?

git gud fgt

NO PHD HERE!!!!
>i took the shortcut

PhD programs pay a stipend. If you have to pay for your own PhD you're getting scammed. Depending on the school and its local cost of living it can be anywhere from near poverty to tight but comfortable (unless you have a kid, in which case you're fucked).

Sadly this is only the case for about 50% of students in the UK, unless you're going to a top 3 uni

Got into UC Berkeley for ChemE!

WE NOBEL NOW BOIS.