"He pilfered a copy of 'Ulysses', but it was possible the one book he did not finish. "What's the point of it...

>"He pilfered a copy of 'Ulysses', but it was possible the one book he did not finish. "What's the point of it? I suspect it was a bit of a joke by Joyce. He just kept his mouth shut as people read into it more than there was. Pseudo-intellectuals love to drop the name 'Ulysses' as their favorite book. I refused to be intellectually bullied into finishing it.""

Is Christopher Knight, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122023099/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who?

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122023099/

A guy who lived for 27 years in the Maine wilderness before being arrested in 2012

lol what a brainlet

Yeah I just read it.
No, he's just a weirdo.
There are plenty of not crazy ways to live like a hermit. Go into the mountains, build a cabin and a garden take a gun with you. People do it all the time.

>I refused to be intellectually bullied into finishing it.

lol it's a book. who's bullying him into finishing it?

what's with plebs being threatened when it comes to difficult books like that? They're the ones who just want everyone to enjoy a nice story and not worry about what others think or something. but even just the sight of a IJ and or a GR makes them so buttmad. It's just another form of "stop liking what I like".

He also enjoyed playing Pokemon on the Gameboy, god tier taste indeed.

>I'm too much of a brainlet to understand a book so it's other people's fault for reading too much into it

Quads for truth.

People don't seem to understand that you don't have to justify how you feel about things.
"I don't like it" is enough. But then they feel self conscious because they see people they identify as "above" them enjoy something, so then they think they must be "worse" for not liking something. So then comes insulting the something, so they can feel better about not liking the thing. "You're not better than me for liking the thing- you're worse for liking the thing, thereby making be better" People gotta learn to not give a shit. Sometimes? Sure. But most of the time? Eh.

Nobody who's intelligent thinks you have to be intelligent to analyze a novel.

But if you're really impressed by big words and name-dropping, then sure, you have to be smart to understand these door-stoppers. It's all relative.

great post, very nietzschean

/our guy/

have fun paying your property tax, and dont forget about zoning laws! also it might be illegal not to be on city utilities :)

Compared to Finnegans Wake it's not so bad.

I bet he got 200 pages in
The second half is where it really comes together

>it was just a joke bro
I always cringe when I hear this

Those are a couple big papis

>in book store for monthly haul
>hear someone say that Dickens is as difficult as Ulysses
>mfw

yeah, im sure all the people living happily way out in of the middle of fucking nowhere are really bothered by your smug dipshit reply.

good post