Buy a used book on amazon in "very good" condition

>buy a used book on amazon in "very good" condition
>every other sentence is covered in pink highlighter with a rainbow of sticky notes poking out of the top
>single word comments like "important" are scattered about seemingly at random

Another quality frog post

That's honestly better than new, now you can just place it on your shelf and everyone will think you read it very thoroughly

Same here.

"Like New" and full of underlining in pen with questions marks everywhere.

Just contact the seller. Usually they'll ship another book to you in a matter of minutes after contacting them.

>like new
>pages almost off the spine
>autist highlights every other sentence with pen and is incapable of making a straight line
>Crosses out entire sentences of the text for some reason
>undecipherable chicken scratch paragraphs on every page

T-thanks...

I hate it when people do that to library books.

When you put underlining on literally every page, what exactly are you accomplishing? Like wow, you've just condensed a 300 page book down to 300 essential passages, congratulations!

Contact the seller. Almost every used book seller I've ever had a correspondence with bent over backwards to mollify problems

Do you lads rate sellers on amazon?

I always rate people on ebay, but never on amazon.
And I don't really have a great reason for doing so, should I change my ways?

I know that feel, user.

To prevent this kind of outrage, I've come to the conclusion that all English majors should be euthanised. After all, their only contribution to civilisation is the disfiguring of books and pretentious posturing. They are the gangrenous appendix of humanity. Those smug, effete little faggots have got it coming ...

what did the previous owner mean by this?

Are you ok?

Lol

Apparently she didn't appreciate the gift.
Also does that say winery? I'm not sure...

I have never seen a man do this. Is it encouraged by teachers or something? Truly disgusting.

I get so sad when I see these for some reason

The gift-giver seems really vulnerable like he's putting his heart out there or something and the cold callous normie response is "thx lol ... .... ... can i exchange this for money so i can get more brawndo cell phones? :/"

Same. Saw this message in a Dostoevsky short stories book at goodwill. Got it for a quarter.

Joanne writes like a dumb bitch

Why do girls do those circular dots over the letter i?

because it's so cute and quirky

jesus, what DID he mean by this

>get a copy of Gravity's Rainbow from the library
>there aren't any highlights or anything but there's only exactly one passage that's heavily underlined

>They will use us. We will help legitimize Them, though They don’t need it really, it’s another dividend for Them, nice but not critical. . . .

>Oh yes, isn’t that exactly what They’ll do. Bringing Roger now, at a less than appropriate time and place here in the bosom of the Opposition, while his life’s first authentic love is squirming only to get home and take another wad of Jeremy’s sperm so they’ll make their day’s quota—in the middle of all that he has to walk (ow, fuck) right into the interesting question, which is worse: living on as Their pet, or death? It is not a question he has ever imagined himself asking seriously. It has come by surprise, but there’s no sending it away now, he really does have to decide, and soon enough, plausibly soon, to feel the terror in his bowels. Terror he cannot think away. He has to choose between his life and his death. Letting it sit for a while is no compromise, but a decision to live, on Their terms. . . .

W-What did they mean by this?

Wow, really made me think.

She does the same for periods too.

I don't know what he meant by this but Jesus Christ that whole section about her husband returning and him being deployed made me miserable for days.

>Writing the dots over i's as circles instead of dots
>Specifically writing only i's as lowercase despite everything else being upper case in order to do this
REEEEEEEEE

Yeah I do, and you should also. It benefits the seller and future buyers alike.

Why should you commit an act for the sole benefit of others at the expense of your own time and thought?

>Creases the pages of her books
Dropped.
It doesn't take much effort to fold up a piece of paper for a bookmark.

>Wzia
???

Do you expect me to comment on your shitpost in a thoughtful way? Go fuck a giraffe you nut gargling shitface.

>it made me think

It is mostly mentally inferior women who do that, they memorize hundreds of pages by heart for uni exams.

Because said act makes me feel good inside desu :-)

Luzia

If you're going to write in your books, why not do so in pencil? Why do people insist on using pen?

>get Bible from local book shop
>reading through, insightful read as always
>get to book of Judges
>get to story of Samson
>no waiting, I just start, damn I love this story
>only just turn the page to realize one underlined section

And pwhen their hearts were merry, they said, “Call Samson, that he may entertain us.” So they called Samson out of the prison, and he entertained them. They made him stand between the pillars. 26 And Samson said to the young man who held him by the hand, “Let me feel the pillars on which the house rests, that I may lean against them.” 27 Now the house was full of men and women. All the lords of the Philistines were there, and qon the roof there were about 3,000 men and women, who looked on while Samson entertained.

Then Samson called to the Lord and said, “O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me only this once, O God, that I may be avenged on the Philistines for my two eyes.”

And Samson grasped the two middle pillars on which the house rested, and he leaned his weight against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other.

And Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines.” Then he bowed with all his strength, and the house fell upon the lords and upon all the people who were in it. So the dead whom he killed at his death were more than those whom he had killed during his life.

Then his brothers and all his family came down and took him and brought him up and buried him sbetween Zorah and Eshtaol in the tomb of Manoah his father. He had judged Israel twenty years.

Some dude must have thought that story about the guy who was captured bringing down everything really seriously or something.

nice excuse
youre more haunted than monster house, cunt

>Some dude must have thought that story about the guy who was captured bringing down everything really seriously or something.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more?

are you having a stroke?

Had something similar in a 2nd hand Bible I bought, this was the only underlined passage

>And I thought the dead who are already dead more fortunate than the living who are still alive. But better than both is he who has not yet been and has not seen the evil deeds that are done under the sun.

what are you doing posting that here? go get that sweet reddit karma

Huh, that's so weird. I just noticed another passage underlined too, in mine. Its Corinthians 5:10.

>For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

Seems like a pretty standard one to underline desu.

lol u tk him 2 da bar|?

kek'd audibly

>When you put underlining on literally every page, what exactly are you accomplishing? Like wow, you've just condensed a 300 page book down to 300 essential passages, congratulations!

It's not for summarization pursposes, it is to structure the act of reading every single page.
You should never underline fiction that much, but when it comes to philosophy it's necessary.