RETARD ALERT

RETARD ALERT

Hey guys Ive seen resteraunts serve shit like this before where its basically a whole fucking fish.

How do you eat this? Is there some basic etiquette about it?The scales too?

Suck meat through anus.

it should be scaled already, you can eat the skin, some people don't like it, not a real faux pas to not eat it most of the time. Other than that just don't eat the bones, and the best meat is in the cheek

Thanks for actual reply based user.

Do you mean the piece of meet in front of the gill when you say cheek?

You open it like a book. Take out the entire head/spine(?)/tail. Skin would be very easy to detach from the meat.

You send it back and tell the chef to actually do his fucking job

Use your fork to pull meat off bones. Eating whole fish is wonderful and worth the effort of navigating the bones

Eat all the meat off one side and then the skeleton should lift up easily and leave the meat on the other side still on the plate.

OP HERE

Thanks to all of you for the actual input.

Im going to head out to dinner and give this a shot.

Have this meme as thanks for your services.

Is that pasta vegetti instead of real pasta?

stop going to shitskin immigrant restaurants and you won't have to wonder how to eat because the food will be cut up properly first

liberals are literally throwing away everything we built just to show off how "tolerant" they are

jesus wept

yeah but then I wouldnt know how dope fried rice or shitty street tacos could be!

>implying whole fish are never found in european cuisine

whole fish
rape
a truly tolerant society

cut head off
fork in dominant hand
use other hand to identify the little pin bones as you move flesh on to your fork
youve eaten one side, easily remove the spine
eat the filet on the other side however you like

>liberals are literally throwing away everything
by not throwing away the parts of the fish?
wat

fuck off back to you retard

>never had the pleasure of going to a lChinese restaurant in NYC and randomly pointing to a line of chinese writing on the menu and receiving live carp swimming in bean curd and plucking an eye out and crunching it

Eating fisheyes from a live fish is as tough as you can get.

That's not a restaurant dude

a whole fish shows that it was caught recently and that you are getting yr moneys worth. you pick off the flesh with a fork,avoiding the bones, or slice it horizontally and pull out the ribs as one piece. fancy waiters will do that for you.

>literally triggered by a very common (and very common, even among white trash) way to cook fish.
If youre trying this hard to fit in, go level up on /b

>thread has nothing to do with politics
>still has to bring up Muh liberals
I swear /pol/ faggots are just as retarded as the sjws they hate so much.

>cut right before head & tail
>cut down along the spine with knife
>carefully push filets away from the spine
>turn over fish and repeat
That wasn't so hard

The truly important thing is you feel superior to both of them.

>The truly important thing is you ARE superior to both of them.

He's not talking like a complete bumbling retard, so he's not wrong.

Chinese people would eat their grandmothers alive.

I see you don't know shit about the thousands of years of ancestor worship.

>how do I eat fish?
Retard alert indeed.

>Jesus wept
What do you mean? He just moved in wa week ago and he's already selling tamales out of his car when he's not mowing lawns.

since when was this board full of snowflake tumblrina cucks? look what happened in zimbabwe with the white farmers, that's the "culturally enriched progress" you're hoping for

ermahgerd bait bait bait REEEEEEEEEEE

uma delicia

>Literally threw baby girls into rivers and often still do in villages.

Ah yes. Those came with a set of silverware I bought when I lived in Spain. I didn't really eat fish like that before, so I just used it as a spreading knife.

Does it really rustle your jimmies that much that people eat things besides boiled meat and potatoes, peepaw cletus?

Yeah but they'd buy her a nice paper iphone for the afterlife.

/pol/ faggots are way more annoying than SJWs actually. If I went to reddit I might say otherwise, but on Veeky Forums /pol/ fags are a fucking cancer while SJWs are basically non-existent.

Portuguese fag here

How I usually do it is I bisect the fish, find the spine, then use a fork to stabilize the fish and a knife to slice it open along the spine. You can remove the head and tail if you want.

It's not that hard, just thing about it a bit and go with your instincts after a little planning. if you consider the fish's consistency and biology you're bound to do it right.

Carp is a trash fish.

Yeah, but the ladies love it.

Except when they call in real life bomb threats to city governments because of Republicans marching in a city parade. Then sjw are more cancer imo.

Only poor third worlders eat shit like ops pic.

What's a typical whole fish you can order at an Asian restaurant and what do they call it? I've never had a whole fish like that and it looks so fucking good. Most of the nice Asian joints I've been to don't speak much engrish.

isn't he though

There are countless dishes which look similar to what OP posted. Some are fried (my personal favorite), some are steamed, some are poached in stock. There are any number of possible sauces it could have as well.

Just call up a pic of what you want on your phone and point at it. Or describe it.

>eating whole fish makes you a liberal

Mojarra frita is delicious

I fucking hate when they serve it in a dish with other stuff on it, leaving no room to open it without it touching the other stuff and ruining the whole meal.

Also eating whole fish is too much of a hassle that i don't even eat it if it's not just the meat on the plate.

How is it any different from eating fish served another way? You reach over with your fork or your chopsticks and you grab a chunk of fish. You stick that in your mouth. Repeat.

the fish he eats comes in bite size breaded chunks straight from a microwave-ready container

best meat is always in OP's mom's cheek

This is what flyovers actually believe

If it's deep fried and the chef knows what he's doing, yeah, the scales can be edible. It's similar to eating whole fried shrimp; the frying weakens the shell/scales and it's similar to eating crispy french fries. Don't eat the bones, break open the head and get the cheek meat and if you're feeling adventurous, eat the eyes. And if it is fried, eat the tail.

>HOW DARE LIBERALS EAT FISH IN THE PRESENCE OF A MIDDLE AMERICAN!!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! THE LOCAL SCHOOL WILL PAY FOR THIS.....

You flyovers really are just a self-deprecating lot, aren't you?

It probably where you live. Here in the Northeast, flounder and striped bass are both super common at Chinese joints

I don't think you can get whole fish in flyover land, or you might get shut down by the health department or the restaurant burned to the ground by local toughs

Fish may be allowed as long as it is boneless, skinless, and is in no way recognizable as having come from something that was once alive

But no one would eat it since it's Chinese, everyone knows the only seafood they make is crab rangoon

Thanks for the info. I work in coastal regions between South Carolina and Florida, but I live a hour away from the coast. Do you know any particular fish that are good for the area(s)?

Do Americans really not eat this?
Fucking plebs

I've never had chinese food in that part of the country. It's probably whatever small, mild-flavored fish are easily available.

It's worth knowing that the "secret chinese people only menu" is a real thing. It tends to be more expensive items that the owners don't expect white people to like or want, let alone be prepared to pay for. It's not necessarily obvious which places do that, either. If in doubt, learn Cantonese and put on yellowface like in "cloud atlas"

You use the cartoon cat technique you pleb

you westerner is really pretentious faggot

t. fish fillet prince

id say the best meat is around the belly senpai
(reminds me of this one anime scene around a campfire where the mc eats some fish's stomach but her friend reminds her its not gutted and that the worms are still in its belly)

That's becoming less of a thing as white restaurant patrons become more adventurous, though. I've never been to a Chinese restaurant with a secret menu, the "authentic" menu has always been readily supplied and bilingual.

>Except when they call in real life bomb threats to city governments
I think killing people because you disagree with them is infinitely worse than calling in a fake bomb threat, but alright.

They exist. One giveaway is the presence of a fish or lobster tank and there's no fish or lobster on the menu.

What
Who is killing who

if you guys want a whole fish and dont know any restaurants some asian groceries will fry a whole fish in either black bean sauce or chili sauce at the fish counter
If you want any other flavor you're shit out of luck though

Every time you eat a lime god kills a white baby

>he doesn't know how to debone fish
You can only post here if you're over 18