I recently realized that the books I was trying to read are too difficult for me to read as I'm not entirely used to...

I recently realized that the books I was trying to read are too difficult for me to read as I'm not entirely used to reading a lot. However, along the way to that assumption I finished a decent number of books and realized that the few Vonnegut books were enjoyable. Then I decided to try to get myself used to reading books using books that are enjoyable, easy to read, etc.

Any suggestions in vein of Vonnegut or something that enjoyable or easy to read and pushes my comfort levels a bit?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/shelf/show/high-school-english-class
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my dick

Reddit for starters

You don't seem to have the firmest grasp on the English language, which is likely the source of your difficulty. Consider reading works from this list: goodreads.com/shelf/show/high-school-english-class

I appreciate your post because of the pointless opening paragraph of you describing your gay ass situation in life, as if that fucking matters to anyone. Not like you couldn't just ask if there's books similar to Vonnegut.

What makes you think that I don't "have the firmest grasp on the English language"?

I have a read a handful of books from that list, but I guess in reality I should have read most of them.

If I didn't include that I wouldn't get great responses like yours. Thanks!

I would recommend classics like "The boy in the striped pyjamas", "The curious incident of the dog in the nighttime" and "Harry Potter 1". All of these are wonderful for babby's special learning needs.

>What makes you think that I don't "Have the firmest grasp on the English language?"
>I have a read a
>along the way to that assumption
>Any suggestions in vein on Vonnegut or something that enjoyable or easy to read
>I'm not entirely used to reading a lot
Awkward sentence construction, misuse of words, and grammatical errors which I would dismiss as typos if there weren't so many of them. Of course, it could just be phone posting, which is possibly even worse.

You must be a low IQ person. Consider /tv/

Two of those are typos, but I see what you mean. Thanks for responding anyways.

Haruki murakami. I liked kafka on the shore.

Thanks for the response, I'll check it out.

>books I was trying to read are too difficult
which ones?

"The Myth of Sisyphus"
The last book of "The Brothers Karamazov"
"Nausea"
"The Three Christs of Ypsilanti"

Try some Raymond Carver and John Fante

Thanks, I appreciate it!

>!

www.reddit.com

Also try looking into Japanese lit, Japanese has a tendency to translate into a more plain English. Snow Country is comfy.

balzac goes down without resistance and isnt too boring, like father goriot

Philip K Dick, Ursula K Le Guin, Calvino, Camus, Murakami, Orwell, Palahniuk, McCarthy, Kobo Abe, and Pratchett.

Thank you all for the recs

Greg Egan, Stanisław Lem, Yukio Mishima, Gaiman, John Williams, Khaled Hosseini, Agatha Christie, C.S. Lewis, Nabokov, Ted Chiang, Bulgakov, Hesse

Okay now I'm done

I like Vonnegut and Hemingway, don't fall for the memes, enjoy what you want but try and push your boundaries now and then.

lol you could have at least answered him.