Anyone have any experience with this?

Anyone have any experience with this?

I've bought alfredo from that brand before, it was alright. I keep confusing it with a different brand that uses those glass jars about the same size. I haven't tried that basil version though

We have plain alfredo and it's really good.

The basil is overpowering. Tried it once for dinner and bought Chinese instead. The other bertolli ones are decent though.

I got the tomato sauce one and I found it not good. My favorite I guess is ragu. I had some Whole Foods tomato sauce last week and I can't tell if it was good because I mixed it with a bunch of fatty beef and gave myself a stomach ache

I love italian food!

I thought this was a bait thread.

Jarred alfredo isn't the worst thing in the world, but come on just make your own. It's way simpler and easier than even tomato sauce, and it doesn't take hours either. As long as you get some decent cheese, you won't regret it.

I bought ragu alfredo and my stomach is making noise, I think I'm about to destroy my toilet and asshole :(

It's hard to drink an entire jar at once. I wish they sold them in a smaller size.

It's so salty skull/10

Yeah they should also put a reclosable sippy cup lid so you can safely drink it in the car on the way home from the store.

Jej

kinda thin, decent flavor, but very thin.

Tastes fine

Classico Riserva makes a basil pesto in a smaller jar that is actually pretty good for store bought pre made. I don't see it on their website but I have a left over jar here I can take a photo of later. It actually shocked me because I expected glue paste and it was good instead.

I meant basil alfredo not basil pesto

This is it and I can't find it any where online to show the photo so I took this one of it. It's pretty dang good for store bought.

I never understood why anyone would buy jar alfredo sauce. It's literally just butter, cream, and Romano cheese. Maybe fancy it up with some nutmeg or something.

Classico maybe? I like OP brand better but I usually just make sauce myself

>ragu alfredo
I bought it once and something about the smell was really off putting. So I just stick to making it.

Classico™ has the best sauces. I really love their regular pesto as well as their Reserva™ branded pesto which has pine nuts in it. Haven't tried their cream sauces because I have never had a good jarred cream sauce and just make my own, but I'll have to look for this next time I'm out.

No because I make my own cream sauce because it's easy as fuck all and I get to season how I like.

cause if you don't have a double boiler, it's a bitch that you gotta constantly baby if you don't want it to break?

I've made it hundreds of times over the years and never used a double boiler.

"Constantly baby"? It takes maybe 5 min to cook total from start to finish. Just don't be a retard and set the heat too high and it will never break on you.

Dude you suck at cooking. making a pan cream sauce is like 101. I can whip one up in 15 minutes with my eyes closed, velvety and no breaking.

yeah, my dick didn't fit the jar.
long story short, my family enjoyed it.

i've only tried their marinara. it's decent. maybe 6.5/10

But they are $2 a jar

Yes and a bit of butter, flour, and milk you already own is like 60¢

You must not know how to cook, it literally takes a minute or two to whip up a cream based cheese sauce.

One of the easier versions not involving a roux:
>melt 1 part butter over medium heat
>add 2 parts grated cheese (something sharp like parm, asiago, cheddar, etc.) into butter, stir until /just/ starting to bubble
>add cream (NOT half and half, NOT milk) while stirring until desired consistency is reached
>add salt to taste
>wa la

It's the easiest sauce in the world and tastes better than anything store-bought. Try it, user. You'll never buy cheese sauce from the store again because this is just too damn delicious and too damn easy

how do I make it so it won't break when I reheat it later?

Add in a bit more milk. If you accidentally make too thin just reduce. Don't add more flour it will lump. Taste you may need a bit more salt because of the extra milk

I don't normally use flour though. usually I can get it back together if I add some more cream and some pasta water, but it still doesn't taste the same.

My girlfriend hates any tomato sauce and it's the most annoying shit in the world making pasta or pizza. Alfredo is expensive to make and all of the jar ones taste like shit.

Sick of hearing this stupidity, always followed up with "use the best possible ingredients!"
Correct. Much cheaper, and time investment is zero. Why buy a very expensive hard cheese, need to dirty up a grater, saucepan, cutting board, other dishes, and purchase perishable cream and fresh basil, then waste all that time when you could simply pop open a jar after a long day and do something fun with your precious time and energy. I agree it is not going to be quite as good, but then cheap and easy is never as good as time consuming and expensive is it? Special occasion, date night, or simply love to cook? Fine, make it from scratch. For every other occasion, its in the jar over there. And that what this thread is about, which jar should you choose. Now continue with fifteen more replies saying HURR DURR YOU COULD MAKE THIS YOURSELF AND DON'T FORGET TO GET THE REAL EXPENSIVE ARTISAN SHIT FROM PARMA ITALY

>being this autistic and lazy

>cream
what the actual fuck
>romano cheese
ok bye

this does sound p dank

Dude, you're on a cooking board, not a shopping board.

no italian would ever use cream in any pasta sauce

you just make a white sauce base, with a butter, flour, and milk roux, like every other white sauce starts out as, and melt parm into it. that's all alfredo is.

>first ingredient:water
>third ingredient: soybean oil
you get what you pay for

Why do Italians always pretend they're some monolith? There is literally nothing in any sector, least of all cooking, that you are all agreed on. It can not be that hard to find an Italian who uses cream in a pasta sauce.

Water and vegetable oil are terrible things, you should stop consuming both immediately.

Yeah that was the one. I don't remember which of the two brands I liked better

>Why do Italians always pretend they're some monolith? There is literally nothing in any sector, least of all cooking, that you are all agreed on
Actual italian here. You are very correct and we are autists about food. However when italians complain about foreigners or even italo-americans "culturally appropriating" food, we usually are referencing what is claimed to be italian vs home cooked meals we often eat.

To answer your question very rarely in restaurants you have some kind of cream sauce based recepie.

E.g. pasta with cream, salmon and zucchine
or cream and cooked ham
or cream and lemon rind
or 'white ragu' which is cream with little bits of stewed beef I think? or maybe it's some form of bechamel.