Why does cardiovascular arrest happen so suddenly to people who seem otherwise healthy? Is there a way to prevent this?

Why does cardiovascular arrest happen so suddenly to people who seem otherwise healthy? Is there a way to prevent this?

Other urls found in this thread:

aol.com/article/2014/06/23/dick-cavett-on-guest-who-died-during-his-talk-show/20918318/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25738856
newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/majority-of-hospitalized-heart-75668
drmalcolmkendrick.org/2015/12/21/cholesterol-goes-up-heart-disease-goes-down/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why does cardiovascular arrest happen so suddenly to people who seem otherwise healthy?

sounds like a threat

Fellas I don't want to die

well i do

I've got good news and bad news, friend

I don't want to suddenly die and make my parents sad

I think the message here is to enjoy life OP

>a heart attack is an emergency where every second counts
>meanwhile the symptoms for a heart attack are vague and can easily go unnoticed

Isn't the human body great?

Also strokes.

Sudden cardiac arrest is worse because your heart suddenly stops without warning and you collapse. Your life is basically in the hands of those surrounding you .

If you do a lot of exercise but still eat shit you are not going to be healthy. A friend of mine had really high blood pressure and he did a lot of exercise, but he always had breakfast with soda so...

Have your cholesterol and BP checked. Maybe take a baby aspirin daily (after discussing with your doctor.) NEVER go to McDonald's or their competitors.

Even so, it's statistical. Some things depend on your genes. Your body makes cholesterol too.

The guy who started Rodale Press (which publishes "Prevention" and books on eating nuts and twigs, running, etc.) was a fanatic on the subject and practiced what he preached. He appeared on the Dick Cavett show, boasted about his healthy lifestyle and proclaimed "he was planning to live forever!"
And he dropped dead right then and there.
aol.com/article/2014/06/23/dick-cavett-on-guest-who-died-during-his-talk-show/20918318/

So every time I have a bad hangover I am actually suffering from a heart attack?? Jesus I'm lucky to be alive

>HELLO POLICE?
>HELP ME I'VE BROKEN OUT IN A COLD SWEAT!

Happened to me user, I was lucky that I was around people who could perform CPR until the ambulance crew arrived (happened during martial arts practice), turns out that my left anterior descending artery was 95% blocked. Doctors didn't know why it happened either, if it was generalised lardiness then the rest of the arteries in my heart would have shown signs of atherosclerosis too, I would have thought.

Some studies indicate that a lot is due to inflammation, not cholesterol. LDL and HDL are just proteins that transport cholesterol to areas that are damaged, or transport it away to the liver so that it gets broken down, so I wonder if it's a repair mechanism that has gone rogue, or something in the diet or environment that causes inflammation to occur. Apparently, something like 50% of myocardial infarction occur in people who have normal cholesterol levels.

test your blood pressure, and body mass index every time you go to the supermarket fatty

>seem otherwise healthy
up your standards

That's very interesting. Have links to the studies you referred to?

>seem otherwise healthy
yeah, that doesn't really happen. maybe if you're american-healthy

>seem otherwise healthy

But, they are not healthy. They are near death.

kek

Those seems like the "flu like symptoms" of just about every disease/infection. I think those would be, "stress like symptoms" since they occur with a shit load of other things.

It's been a couple of years since I looked into it trying to figure out what happened user, however try these for starters:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25738856
newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/majority-of-hospitalized-heart-75668
drmalcolmkendrick.org/2015/12/21/cholesterol-goes-up-heart-disease-goes-down/
www.zoeharcombe.com/2010/11/cholesterol-heart-disease-there-is-a-relationship-but-its-not-what-you-think/

Maybe not the best sources at such short notice but there you go, just some stuff I found on google.

I do think there's a better explanation than the simplistic LDL = "bad" cholesterol and HDL = "good" cholesterol, though, and I find it interesting that HDL and LDL are transport mechanisms for cholesterol that have different functions in the body, rather than being 2 different types of cholesterol itself.

tl;dr: I blame inflammation/arterial damage over cholesterol.

Thanks for prompt answer.

>sense of impending doom

In the very near future, everyone will have fitbit/smart watch style heart and 02 sat monitors which can dial 911 in the event of an emergency.

In the distant future, people will have when we start cyberizeing our bodies (not as lewd as that sounds) we'll have a thin layer of artificial muscle surrounding our hearts and to manually massage/pump the heart with a battery that has 30 minutes of power in the case of an emergency. We'll also have rare reports of people's heart back up systems seizing up with our warning and randomly squeezing peoples hearts till they die, tho such isolated incidents are nothing to worry about. The chances of your heart implant killing you is 1 a~``jh3jk2`~~~!!

Did you show symptoms sometime before the event happened? Are you still not sure what caused that artery to be blocked?

>have these symptoms daily
am I ok?

Brb calling 911 for my indigestion

>Rapid heartbeat
>Shortness of breath
Aren't these also symptoms of being a fatty fat?

dmso and ozone prevents heart attack and strokes.

sounds comfy

Cocaine, genetic issues.

Looking back there may have been some symptoms but nothing that I would have associated with heart trouble, for example sometimes I was getting dizzy spells when doing kicking drills during training that would vanish fairly quickly, but I just put that down to doing keto and the change in diet from consuming carbs. Could have been that, or downing 3 cups of filter coffee before doing training as an attempt to counteract tiredness, I really couldn't say for sure. I didn't have any of the classic symptoms, i.e. pain down the left arm, etc.

All I remember is waking up in a hospital after the fact with a note by my bed saying that i'd had a heart attack and that I was OK now, 2 weeks later I got a stent and was told by the surgeon that there was no damage to my heart.

Have a picture of my blocked left anterior descending artery, it was interesting watching it on a huge monitor while the surgeons carried out their procedure.

They're talking about a heart rate over 120 and visible respiratory distress (change of skin color, tripod posture, respiratory rate at or above 30).

It happens every once in a while. EMS will get a call for indigestion or food poisoning only the patient to arrests while being helped into the cot. Or for the medic chooses to do a 12-lead and sees a massive heart attack.

Thats wild, were you particularly fit or not really. What was your diet like?