Just moved to Boston from the suburbs. What's some good / interesting food to try?

Just moved to Boston from the suburbs. What's some good / interesting food to try?

pizza

Dunkin Donuts

I've heard of that before. It's a vegetable, right?
Sounds exotic. What do they serve there?

Im not joking. First thing is order pizza until you find a good local shop. Anytime you move this is essential.

That's good advice actually, thanks. The old tenants left a bunch of pizza place menus on the fridge. I guess I'll start there.

Where in Boston?
Where did you move from?

I'm technically in Somerville, but I live right on the edge of the city so I'm super close to Boston. I moved from Worcester.

>Moved 30 minutes.
imo Boston has pretty shitty food outside its seafood.
Or maybe im just a pretentious twat that moved from new york to boston
I hate boston pizza.

Ackshully it's a hour, and that's with no traffic. Either way, the food selection in Worcester isn't the greatest, at least compared to a big city like Boston. I agree that New York pizza is king tho, Boston's just isn't as good.

Plenty of oysters here (in many varieties too!) if youre into that.
Lots of craft beers.

For food I feel that Boston just doesnt have the diversity.
I been to Lespalier on Boyston recently. It was pretty nice, albeit a bit pricy

go to El pelon for burritos, Bon Chon on North Beacon for Korean Fried Chicken, Central sw has some goodass restaurants (Try veggie Galaxy) and the Summer Shack for seafood/fried deliciousness

1157 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02144 Broadway eatery is a GREAT pizza/sub place (Try the Summervillain), and it's next to a neat boardgame cafe

Veggie Galaxy is terrible.

Watch or go to the phantom gourmet website. They have lots of interesting places and a food festival coming up with 100 local vendors bringing their signature dish

Boston pizza is great, I know it's a total tourist trap but I really like Regina, Cambridge 1 is pretty damn good too if you go a little bit out of the city to Harvard Square.

The only places that make it on the show are the ones that pay off the (((Andelman Brothers))) and most of them suck

Sapporo Ramen inside the Lesley University building in Porter Square, across the Charles. Went there a lot as a kid and a teen before moving. They only take cash so bring $20 minimum. That should cover everything plus the tip. Oh, and the bowls are huge.

I'd let Fran sit on my face desu

Boston College?

Lol

or yume wo katare is another amazing Ramen Spot

I won't go there out of principle, I don't want the entire dining room to clap for me if I finish my bowl and shame me if I don't, why would I want that much attention while just trying to eat my food?

What if it's a cute grill?

I still don't want to be made a spectacle for finishing some soup.

I always feel good when I finish a big bowl of the stuff that someone spent 10 hours preparing. Most people don't finish. They don't make a spectacle of you at Sapporo. That place is quiet and everyone minds their own business. The one time someone congratulated me on finishing my food, I got laid 30 minutes later.

Sapporo is actually my favorite ramen place I've ever been to, it's small and cozy and I love their tan tan men. Haven't seen that at a lot of ramen shops. The line is shorter than Yume, too.

Last time I went was a month ago. Might go there again in a couple weeks.

I'll try to stay in Somerville:
Go to Rincon Mexicano for $1 taco Tuesdays
Sacco's has great pizza, beer, and bowling
Union Square donuts are some of the best in the city
Highland Kitchen is crazy tasty
Spoke is probably the best wine bar in the city
Try Manoa Poke Shop if you're curious about the hot meme food of summer 2017
Tap & Trotter has gourmet hot dogs if that's your thing
Trina's is great late night food

Wish I could still go, I bounce back and forth between Louisville and Boston and the food scene down here is pretty good but it's not quite the same.

Why is she so perfect lads?

Chaotic good

I like Boston Pizza Kitchen near Tufts but I've never been to NY so what do I know

Ooo, Rincon Mexicano is a 2 minute walk from my place, I'll check it out. I went to Manoa Poke Shop last week too, since I was curious about the meme food, and I was underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really anything special IMO. The wonton chips w/ Kimchi aioli were dope tho.

Yeah I wasn't blown away either, but I used to live in Hawaii so it's unfair to compare, ever once in a while they have spam musubi which is a must get.
Also you have to try Toscaninis, amazing ice cream, the place is a landmark

>going to chain restaurants

Regina Pizzaria in Allston
Pikaichi (ramen) in Allston

>Indian
Punjabi Dhaba, Himalayan Bistro, Nirvana, JMP
>Middle Eastern
Sofra, Sarma
>East African
Lucy Ethiopian cafe
>West African
Teranga

Too bad pizza in Boston is shit

>this guy
Santarpio's
Regina
Galleria Umberto
Literally anywhere in the North End

I love them and Tampopo. I've also had stuff at ChoCho's (the Korean/Japanese one with the fishtank full of tropical fish) which was pretty nice.

Also check out Pikaichi in the Super 88 Allston building near BU for some killer pork ramen user. I think they have a spicy one too called Jigoku ("Hell") ramen that I haven't tried yet.

I love The Pour House near the Hynes.
The restaurant itself is really fuckin cool. They had a good fried chicken sandwich and the fries were great too

I don't know if they're still around; MoMoGoose food truck at Kendall Square/MIT. They had a peppered chicken dish that was super good.

For Chinatown, a place that's a big favorite of ours/my dad's is New Golden Gate, which you can find right near the main gate across from the Chinese bakery. Dad always takes us there for lunch on New Year's Eve during First Night

A little bit of a hall (down the South Shore), but I'd also suggest T-Bonz in Plymouth if you're looking for brews, burgers and barbecue. I loved their guacamole burger

Sofras? Thats at the end of my street hehe.

Cafe St Petersberg is legit one of the nastiest restaurants I've ever eaten at. Is Russian food just made to be eaten while blackout drunk on vodka or what?

A hooker's asshole