>Lemon juice
>Water
>Cayenne pepper
>Ginger
>Clove
>Cinnamon
>Honey
>Then simmer together for about 20 minutes

Hey Veeky Forums what did I make? Would it just be spiced lemonade? It's pretty good.

I drink that when I have a cold or flu. If you added whiskey to it it'd be a spicy hot toddy.

I would call that ginger tea. I add some apple cider vinegar for extra kick.

>no black pepper to enhance absorption of everything else

Sounds like something mum would make me with I had a cold or flu as a kid.

>what did I make?

A mess.

What ratios of each? I might try making it

>boiling honey
baka

Mulled water.

Tea is pouring boiling water over leaves, or in modern times, dunking a bag of leaves into boiling water. What OP has done isn't tea he just put a bunch of shit into a pot and simmered it.

Putting tea into boiling water is an excellent way to scald the shit out of it and make a bitter brew

I just eye balled it but I'd say it was 1/3 lemon juice, 2/3 water, 2 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp cinnamon, 4 whole cloves, and 4 slices of ginger. Then just add honey to taste.

It was pretty good, user.

Apart from the lemon juice and cayenne instead of black pepper I'd say this is the Indian cold remedy called kadha.

Yeah sure thing pal, the way they've been doing it for literally thousands of years is no good. Great opinion

>4 slices of ginger
You would've got almost the same gingeryness if you grated one slice in.

Also when I was a kid I used to visit this doctor who would serve a "tea" made of honey and lemongrass. Your concoction is a spiced version of that.

Who's been scalding tea for thousands of years?
The Chinese? They had a whole system of gauging temperature of water by sound and activity before thermometers were invented.
The Japanese? Same system because they're copycats.
The Brits? They've only had tea for a couple hundred years but granted they've made a right mess of it so far.

Sounds like switchel

do what said and add some whisky to it

>You would've got almost the same gingeryness if you grated one slice in.

Sure. But since cutting 4 slices is less work and cleanup than grating in one slice's worth it makes more sense to go that route.

>ohgodimsofuckingretarded.jpg

Yes, the proper term is ginger TISANE

You sure told him, now let us suck cocks together

my ex went on a diet that was pretty much just this, lost a shit ton of weight, too long and it'll kill you though. plus it makes you super cranky.