Do you listen to music while reading?

Do you listen to music while reading?

No its distracting

On the same premise how those fidget toys allow you to focus better, if you can find the right type of "music," it will have the same effect.

White noise is usually the best thing to listen to when reading, as it is constant and non-intrusive. Your brain will drone out the noise, and you will, in theory, become more engaged in whatever it is you're doing.

I personally don't think it's as good as just reading without listening to anything at all, if I had the choice. It's perfect for when you have the desire to read, but are in an area where it is distracting, though.

The best thing to listen to while reading is a ceiling fan.

No, I prefer to read in populated places (parks, mall atriums, bus depots, etc.) so I just get ambient noise of strangers going about their business. If I play music it will be too distracting.

Just fucking listen to field recordings you pleb trash.

>HURRR LISTEN TO RECORDINGS OF OUTSIDE, DON'T ACTUALLY GO THERE
lol, you sound like a bitter quadriplegic

Yes, usually Wagner, Chopin, Strauss, or Beethoven

Or this

Stop projecting. Is it so hard to believe that people listen to classical music outside of compilation videos?

No, but using classical musing as ambient is distancing yourself from work.
Yes, people listen to classical music outside of compilation videos, but I think that classical music can be only actually enjoyed when you focus on it.

>can't understand a clear and obvious memepic
>le classical music listener
figures

>he reads outside of his house

Yes, but only death metal

Usually not because it distracts me too much, but just earlier today I read Little House n the Prairie while listening to Tchaikovsky and it felt endearing.

I listen to fake rain sounds, since nobody on my house can stop making noise for more than 5 minutes. It doesn't ever actually rain where I live, so I find it oddly comforting.

only when i'm reading low-tier art

Only very particular kinds of music I find that Tim Hecker is really good but the best is almost any Duster album, especially thejr Valium Aggelein project as well, but their album Stratosphere is the perfect entry level stuff.

Other than that it's very difficult, along the same lines as this user O find that when you take out your headphones and just play the music in the room (quietly) it matters less what's playing, just serves as a nice bit of background noise to sort of ward of any other distractions but that might be just me.

In general I try to avoid lyrics and I have had some luck with random songs under the "Melancholia" tag on Spotify but I wouldn't count on it.

only to brown noise

>nobody on my house can stop making noise for more than 5 minutes.
I can relate, when it's not my family is the neighbours, even in the fucking middle of
the night, even now while I'm tipping this.
I JUST WANT SOME SILENCE FOR GOD'S
SAKE. As much as I lIke urban centers and its services, sometimes I think I'd much rather be somewhere in the wilderness, far from civilization, just me and the nature, at least for a while.
Comfy in some cabin where no one disturbs me, just me and some books.

Suburbia master race.

Only my local classical radio station on low volume