That soul crushing feel when you run out of Russian books to read

>that soul crushing feel when you run out of Russian books to read

I tried to move on to English literature. Read some Dickens, but it just isn't as good.

>read Dickens
there's your problem. pick something better

But he's the most revered.

Who should I try then?

>I swear to you gentlemen, to be overly conscious is a sickness.

Joyce, McCarthy, Pynchon, Wallace. I'm not that well read but Dickens can be a bit dull

>Joyce

I tried reading Dubliners and I didn't really "get" it. Thought it was a bit dull too. Interesting insights into life at the time though.

Have you read Petersburg by Bely? If you haven't definitely check it out for Russki lit

Don't read any of this Veeky Forums tripe. Literally nothing like the Russians.
Try Woolf's works as well as Dumas and Les Miserables.

>ran out of russian books

I don't believe you

We're gonna need to see some power rankings if we're to believe that

one by author
one by translator
one by book

>he read Veeky Forums memes and thinks that's all there is to Russian literature
every time

Read all Tolstoy, Dosto, Turgenev and Chekhov. Also every other "big" work from 19th and 20th century.

Have you read Petersburg by Bely? If not I recommend that one, fantastic novel.

>lists Veeky Forums memes
thanks for confirming

Oh I see someone else mentioned it, I love how Bely is getting more renown on Veeky Forums lately.

Dickens is genre trash and Stephen King tier

>Dickens is genre trash and Stephen King tier
This site is 18+. Please, leave.

Have you ever tried to read Marienhof? He has only one book which can be worth reading, but that one book could simply defeat all Tolstoy's tonns of writing in some sort of imaginary literary fight. Whatever, just try Marienhof's «Cynics». Just a little reminder: the original is always better. Especially then there might not be a translation at all.

Have you read Monte Cristo yet? Or any of White's books?

>memes
>memes

just stop posting you insufferable child

>Monte Cristo

Read the first 100 pages or so but dropped it after that. I don't know why exactly because I remember enjoying it. Will definitely finish it at some point.

I've read a lot of Bely's works and I can safely say he's my favorite author. Very underrated

>posts on a literal meme exchange board for autismos
>dood, don't call them memes it's not cool!
Is this your first week on the internet?

George Eliot

Nabokov was right in calling him one of Russia's greatest writers, really happy I found that guy through him just wish his other work would be easier to find in English since I think besides Petersburg most of it is out of print.

His works were interesting showing what conditions were like in his time for the poor but you'd have to senile not to believe he didn't have any literary merit, you realize everything he wrote was serialized to make money, yes?

>you realize everything he wrote was serialized to make money
Like a fuckton of other classics, including the Russian greats. Just stop posting, "le genre fiction xDDD" child.

Have you tried Gorky and Lenin?

It's ok if i'm a retard because everyone else is!

>calling things what they are is retarded
stop being assblasted, contrarian child
read something instead

is this your first week on the internet?

Because British literature sucks.

Fuck you. Stop reading literature only from the 19th century. I hate faggots like you so much. Read The Canterbury Tales and The Nibelungenlied, read some Shakespeare, read some Borges, read poetry, read Sterne. There is so much out there, branch out.