Chinese food

Strange rice soup/gruel with small fragments of pork

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/94864/preserved-thousand-year-old-eggs-in-china-are-even-more-toxic-than-they-sound/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got this friend bread with it

Strange black eggs at the bottom. Are these edible?

Duuuuude. That's pork and preserved egg congee. It's my favorite congee. Yes, eat the egg. That's what I always eat when I'm sick. Fixes me right up.

This. Congee is delicious and really easy to make. My gf always asks for it when she's sick. She likes hers with pork dust.

t. whiteboi w/ chinese gf

This is "youtiao", it's just deep fried dough. You're supposed to dip it in the congee. It's a traditional (mostly) Northern Chinese breakfast.

PORK DUST

We need to sprinkle this on muslims

>Strange black eggs at the bottom. Are these edible?

Trusting any foods made in China. Enjoy your cancer white fucks.

> Thirty Chinese preserved egg companies are being shut down for using toxic chemicals to expedite the egg-festering process. China's pidan, or preserved eggs, go by many names: preserved egg, hundred-year egg, century egg, thousand-year egg, thousand-year-old egg, and millennium egg.

Thirty preserved egg companies are being shut down for using industrial copper sulphate, a toxic chemical, to expedite the egg-festering process. South China Morning Post reports:

Industrial copper sulphate usually contains high levels of toxic heavy metals, including arsenic, lead and cadmium, so is banned for use as a food additive.

The eggs are usually preserved with baking soda, salt, and quicklime for about two months. The process turns yolks dark green and the egg white into a stiff, dark jelly. Using copper sulphate could significantly reduce the processing time while achieving the same effect.

qz.com/94864/preserved-thousand-year-old-eggs-in-china-are-even-more-toxic-than-they-sound/

And for a little bonus:

> In a separate case, fans of pork knuckles and chicken legs in China’s eastern Zhejiang province may want to think about going vegetarian: police discovered that meat a year past its expiry date was being sold, after being washed with detergent to obliterate any odor and kill insects.

> This week, police in Xi’an province reported that they had found and seized more than 22 tons of fake beef at a local factory. Get this: the “beef” was actually made from pork (which is considerably cheaper than beef) that had been treated with chemicals including paraffin wax and industrial salts to make it look like it came from a cow.

You know the Internet is restricted in China and you can't access Veeky Forums?

Yes you can have access to Veeky Forums in China. However you need a Veeky Forums pass to post from China because captcha doesn't work properly in China.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean...

but I'm an ex-pat that got the fuck out of that country.

white people really are spoiled with food safety and quality standards and take these things for granted.

Not in China.

This is so futile. As soon as they shut down those 30 factories, another 30 factories will pop right up across town doing the exact same thing.

That's the way business works in china. The RMB is God. There is zero concept of ethics or morality.

The point was that no one here is in China and since they don't export those eggs nobody gives a fuck about his blog post.

>they don't export those eggs

lol

where in the hell did you make this up?

Go to your asian grocer. All the Pi Dan that you can buy in the US are processed in China.

>lol
Fuck off back to Facebook.
:^)

WTF? Doesn't china have an FDA or something?

Sure they do. But what part of:

>>As soon as they shut down those 30 factories, another 30 factories will pop right up across town doing the exact same thing.

...do you not understand?

I used to eat, like, 3 pi dan daily, with breakfast & dinner congee. After seeing that shit in the people's daily, I stopped eating them entirely.

This shit is worse than putting melanine in baby formula, or even worse.

If you're a pleb that cant into VPN.

Mainlanders are vermin.

Nope. Remember fake soysauce, rice, eggs, vermicelli, tapioca pearls, and the sewer oil for cooking use.

this is why you don't buy shitty mass produced garbage in china. anyone who's ever been there knows this. it's not difficult to find legitimate stuff.

Dog-eaters....China-mans
Vermin-eaters.....Viet-cong

>Strange
please man. this stuff is easier to cook than rice. it's not strange when you think about the 1001 ways you could possibly fuck up and end up with this

What the fuck is wrong with China?

Trump is building the wall at the wrong border.

In the US this would be done out of some extreme greed and inhumane neglect. Not so in china

get a country whose majority is backwards hicks and mix them with modern chemical and technologies. you get backwards hicks in any country who'll be satisfied with a hack job and gets them through the day and shit that just werkz then give them some dangerous solutions and industrial supplies and you get the mentality of the pseudo-modern backwater chinese.

>great wall not best wall

lol do you think Muslims are vampires?

>dipping youtiao in congee

There are lots of Asian pastries at the Asian market nearby but I never tried any
What do you recommend?

>Thirty preserved egg companies are being shut down for using industrial copper sulphate, a toxic chemical, to expedite the egg-festering process. South China Morning Post reports:
>Industrial copper sulphate usually contains high levels of toxic heavy metals, including arsenic, lead and cadmium, so is banned for use as a food additive.

This is nothing compared to shit they put in childrens food.

The Chinese are famous for putting all sorts of melanine, chemicals, & other toxic shit in their baby formula to fake the "protein" tests.

It's common practice for Chinese mothers to buy their baby formula from Hong Kong or import from Korea or Japan because almost all Chinese made formula contains heavy metals & toxins.

We're talking baby formula that's taken by infants...

The Chinese truly have zero moral boundaries...

>>great wall not best wall

Have you actually seen it? Besides the sections in Beijing, it's basically a few bricks and a fence when you get into the suburbs.

And most of it is fake now... the real stones have mostly been pillaged and sold as "keepsakes"

You can go online in China anywhere and buy an authentic great wall brick as a paperweight.

Not the guy you were asking, but I worked in Chinese restaurant for two years. Every morning, breakfast was congee with these rolled pastries. I never saw the appeal of congee over oatmeal or cream of wheat unless you grew up with it, but the cakes were damn tasty.

Those are tasty, though they usually never have enough cream filling.