I can cook better than my dates... Anyone else see this trend...

I can cook better than my dates... Anyone else see this trend? I live on the coast but most people here are shitty cooks, but i'm actually suprised that girls are the prime suspect. Some can bake goods but that is pretty much it. Why is that? Shouldn't we try to get cooking classes set up during in high school so people can be self sufficient?

>I can cook better than my dates... Anyone else see this trend?

Millenial borderline GenX aged guy here.

I've yet to date a millenial aged girl who can fry an egg or make toast without burning something.

It seems that millenial aged girls are pretty much useless in all skill sets.

Kinda sucks if you're looking for a good woman.

>Wanting the government to get involved.
It's the girl's fault for not wanting to know how to cook. Don't force the public schools to teach something that should have been passed down by her mother or father.

Home Economics was a mandatory course in middle school for me some 15 years ago. There was also the elective cooking class offered in high school. My friend's little brother says they even have a baking elective in high school now.

It was already there.

I recall Feminists were clamoring to get rid of those Home Ec and Cooking classes because they "reinforce sexist stereotypes."

lol

But the only thing they did was take away classes that gave those girls any skills in in the first place.

Now, millenial aged girls have zero skills.

Feminism is very self defeating, isn't it?

Get with the times grandpa. Cooking isn't going to get your grandkids into college. You can learn anything you want on the internet and youtube so it just takes some initiative to learn and some first hand experience through trial and error. You don't need to force people to cook white people food when everyone in america comes from different backgrounds.

That may be true but looking up DIY shit on the internet is more of common male behavior, putting it back into the school setting is more beneficial to females. Why? Because females learn better in a structured and rule based environment, research has shown this.

What research? You sound like a misogynist looking down on all women just because you can cook better than the ones who don't know how. There are plenty of youtube channels by women showing people how to cook. You don't need the government involved in every facet of life you commie. People are individuals, if they want to cook meals themselves that's great, if they want to eat out all the time, that's on their wallets.

>You can learn anything you want on the internet and youtube so it just takes some initiative to learn and some first hand experience through trial and error.

Why go to college then?

>You can learn anything you want on the internet and youtube so it just takes some initiative to learn and some first hand

So, you're saying millennial aged girls have zero initiative then, since nearly all of them suck at cooking.

>why go to college then?
because people need a piece of paper to prove their worth
>saying millennial aged girls have zero initiative then
no, just the ones you date

Frying an egg or making toast is hardly considered cooking. It's applying heat to premade food.

>no, just the white girls

FYP

There is an age old saying: "Happy wife, happy life."

If you want a happy life, don't marry a self entitled, spoiled rotten little cunt white girl who will depend on you for everything. Marry a nice little Asian or Latina. They'll treat you like a king.

You're ignorant if you think asian-american or latino-american girls are any different from white girls.

A) allowing minors to use knifes and fire while on school properrty especially goven the sit-tier level of supervision available given US class sizes is an invitation for either homicide or abut 30 million lawsuits.

B) There's no percentage in it for the State or those who stand to benefit from restaraunt revinues in producing adults who can cook.

The ones born to rich families who have lived in the country for a while are little different from most. The ones who are recent immigrants or students studying aboard are a different story.

Only reason to go to college is that employers want to see proof that you can sublimate your needs and desires to those of an overarching and uncaring bureaucracy.

>I recall Feminists were clamoring to get rid of those Home Ec and Cooking classes because they "reinforce sexist stereotypes."

You recall wrong. What feminists wanted was for home ec and its male equivalent, shop class, to be available to both sexes. What happened to home ec was the same that happened to shop, and ceramics, and music, and chem lab, and languages other than Spanish, and every other interesting thing that was available in schools: budget cuts.

Holy shit... lol

Do you dumfuck white people actually think Asian and Latin girls don't live under different cultures???

lol

Holy shit, white people are fucking dumb.

"everybody wants to be us and is just like us!"

Different cultures, but similar experiences can lead to similar people. If you think spoiled rotten spics and nips don't exist then you should've eaten more protein growing up, Pablo.

De-segregation ruined everything. Minorities and their broken homes ruined home-ec and science lab for everyone. No more animal dissections, no more open flames, no more dangerous chemicals because the tools might be used to hurt people.

That's why, as a white, you're supposed to make enough to afford private school. There was literally one nigger, one spic, and one chink in my high school and the nigger didn't even graduate.

i need the paper to get my license

Most american women are basic bitches with their starbucks coffee, iphone, ugg boots, tight jeans, huge sunglasses, and designer purse.

Yes theyre different,but white girls from almost everywhere ar becoming like an useless doll who can only repeat what they read on twitter, is hard to find those that ar different.
Seriously they move from depending of their parents to depending on man, big yai for enmancipation.

>budget cuts.
Not just budget cuts. Also:
1) curriculum keeps growing more and more with additional "mandatory" courses being added by the government
and
2) anything hands-on becoming a massive legal liability when you factor in the ever-growing number of lawsuit-happy helicopter parents. Can you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue in this day and age if little johnny hits his finger with a hammer in shop class or if little jenny burns herself on the oven in home ec?

>but white girls from almost everywhere ar becoming like an useless doll who can only repeat what they read on twitter, is hard to find those that ar different.

Maybe you shouldn't look on Twitter.

Yeah, dont even have twitter but they use the fucking words and the fucking lenguage and they they tell u that all they did in their entire day was binge on netflix,and sleep, and that theyre depresive.

It was an estereotipe, now its a virus.

If you grow up in america you become american. Unless you live in a mexican only or chinese only neighborhood.

Change Starbucks to 7-11 and you're describing a Japanese girl.

but at least those girls dress cute and wear skirts so it's ok
american women can't even do that

My highschool (graduated 3 years ago) had a mandatory cooking class. We also had a mandatory how to pay your taxes class.
People won't learn things if they don't want to learn them. Most of the people I went to highschool with can't cook or fill in a W4 form without help because they are self-defeating retards.

You can't force people to learn.
You have to give them a reason to care.
If you can't get it across that they're going to need these skills in their adult life, then what they even there for?

>muh research

>the truth comes and we werent ready

You're forgetting the changes occurring in social pressures

Not to long ago, women were expected and pressured, from a young age, into learning homecraft such as cooking, knitting, cleaning, etc;. Whereas men in those days were, from a young age, typically raised being told they needed to study hard, get a good paying job with long work hours, and get a good woman like their mother. There mother who does the cooking and the cleaning and the housecraft

Now, move on to today. Women are being pressured more, by peers and teachers and other influences such as media, to out and out -avoid- learning things such as cooking, cleaning, and other housecraft. It's not only stopped being pressured onto them, but they're now being pressured to avoid such things. And people don't particularly like performing labour, so funnily enough, without the societal pressure to learn and become good at those crafts, they avoid doing so. Because they're more or elss taught that if they become good at cooking, it'll more or less be their job

Now for the men, those who et good at cooking tend not to start by being raised to be chefs. They tend to help their mothers/fathers with the cooking, or watch some television with a cool looking male cook. But most importantly, they're not taught that cooking is a job. Young men who take an interest in cooking tend to be pushed towards thinking of it as a hobby to do while still working those long hour "good" jobs

So you now have women being pushed to avoid cooking, and men being more and more likely to pick it up as a hobby at some point throughout their lives. And as I'm sure I don't need to tell you that people tend to get better at tasks they see as a hobby rather than tasks they see as a labour. There are outlying factors, such as that labour being a life-or-death necessity, but generally hobbies are practiced and improved at a far better rate than labour skills

tl;dr: More (Still not a lot) male cooks, far less female cooks

What shit hole wasn't allowing both sexes into shop/home ec? Was this the 50s?

Butchered some of the spelling so I do apologise for that

Another worthwhile factor to note is that in current media, there are actually far more male cooking personalities than female. People generally use media personalities to shape their own interests, wanting to be "Just like that cool guy on tv". And remember, current it's considered cool for a guy to know how to cook in youth circles, whereas if a young woman knows how to cook it's either ironically dismissed as commonplace or even seen as a negative, as if they're "Working against their own" for learning how to make a basic necessity of survival more enjoyable

So now you've got young men growing up, being allowed to watch and even help with cooking at home, watching tv with all these famous male chefs, learning quite quickly that the girls of their range really like guys who can cook. It's like a breeding ground for developing an interest and capability in cooking. And the reverse is happening for women, most media avoids showing women cooking because the vocal minority see it as distasteful, and their social circles either don't care if they know how to cook or react negatively to them wanting to learn it

No one can cook nowadays since it's not required for anything. Now it's considered a hobby.

LMAO! Do you really think about shit like that in such a warped manner that you post a wall of text on a mongolian yak feces composting discussion board to try to gather drooling troglodytes who were tempted by your call to the flag who have been ostracized by the global economy that requires a brain? Kys.

>implying girls are not massive gluttons
You have an edge, user. Don't complain.

My mom taught both Home Economics and a course called CVAE, which was the vocational cooking course designed to prepare students for jobs in food service. Eventually they got rid of both courses, first the CVAE class, and then Home Economics. Luckily, she also had a masters in Biology, so she just transferred to teaching that.
It's a real shame they don't teach those anymore, those girls went on to get good jobs in the industry, a few of them own their own restaurants now. And, they always still come up and hug my mom when they see her and tell me what a great teacher she was. I know that of course, because she also taught me how to cook. They NEED to bring those classes back, for the good of society.

The only women who cook nowadays generally are fucking awful at it, but nobody says otherwise because they themselves can't cook either.

Anti-intellectual scum.

in switzerland, you have 3 years of actual cooking/"food teachings" in your obligatory last school years. I'm really grateful for that. Everyone can cook here.

That's how it should be. I also wish etiquette classes were mandatory.

>Shouldn't we try to get cooking classes set up during in high school so people can be self sufficient?

Yea but 80% of schools are poor as fuck and can't afford the ingredients to teach cooking classes.

What? I'm saying that people are less likely to learn something they're taught to see as a labour, and more likely to learn something they're taught is a hobby, when that act isn't a necessity anymore

I put a tl;dr in there and everything man come on

Don't listen to the others retard. I think what you wrote was interesting, especially as I am a 20yo male and cooking is a hobby that I enjoy. I like exploring different cuisines and trying new dishes. Many female friends I've talked to don't know how to cook apart from the basics and premade food and the very basics and actually scoff at the idea of cooking.

Shit man I'm phone posting and I butchered some words.

>201X
>getting married
>letting tradition cuck you out of a life of hedonistic one night stands
ISHYGDDT

Helicopter parents is a Millenial thing, Gen Z's parents are Gen X. Gen Z being 1996 onwards. Most of them wouldn't care unless stuff got way out of hand. Nowadays we're having the children of Millenials show up and those are way more helicopter-esque.

t. Gen Z

The more I read about Switzerland the more I come to the conclusion it's the most based country on Earth.

19 year old dude here, this has pretty much been my experience. Girls like guys that cook and there are more than a handful of guys I know that cook well, while the only girl I know who cooks well - her mom's a chef, and so is her dad, so she pretty much grew up doing that.

Meanwhile every guy I know at least knows how to make pasta and a handful go above and beyond, being genuinely good at cooking. Best jambalaya I ever ate was made by a guy in my university who's studying chemical engineering.

the country itself? yes. the people? nop.

It's not, unless you like living among people screaming CHÄÄÄÄSSEEE ÄÜÄ all day.

Where the fuck did you live, half my class was Chinese and another third was pajeets

I lived in north central Florida back then. There were large enough black and Spanish areas, but they went to public school.

>I recall Feminists were clamoring to get rid of those Home Ec and Cooking classes because they "reinforce sexist stereotypes."
>lol
>But the only thing they did was take away classes that gave those girls any skills in in the first place.

Women usually take 2 steps forward, and then feminism forces them to take a massive step backwards. History constantly repeats itself.

>white girls from almost everywhere ar becoming like an useless doll who can only repeat what they read on twitter, is hard to find those that ar different.
>Seriously they move from depending of their parents to depending on man

White women are the biggest "husband leeches" in the world. At least Asians cook & make good mothers.

No shit, I lived near ft Lauderdale at the time
Only saw like 2 blacks on campus the whole time