Shadow had done three years in prison. He was big enough...

>Shadow had done three years in prison. He was big enough, and looked don’t-fuck-with-me enough that his biggest problem was killing time. So he kept himself in shape, and taught himself coin tricks, and thought a lot about how much he loved his wife.

Yes. That is in the book. Good job, I guess.

It's such a shitty novel

Gaiman has a rich imagination... and an ability to tackle large themes.

Hooly...

well memed.

>Someone must have been telling lies about Josef K., he knew he had done nothing wrong but, one morning, he was arrested. Every day at eight in the morning he was brought his breakfast by Mrs.

>"Hmmph!! Who might be this little liar" Said Mr K, angry.

>As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic vermin.'

>"Oh shit mom, I'm a bug!", he shouted.

Gaiman ... have you ever noticed, his name, if look closely ... gai ... man... Is gay, like homosexual man!

>Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed. A yellow dressinggown, ungirdled, was sustained gently behind him on the mild morning air. He held the bowl aloft and intoned.

>"I haven't even had breakfast and I have to save the world from the Purple Saurians!"

>Shadow had done three years in prison. He was big enough, and looked don’t-fuck-with-me enough that his biggest problem was killing time. So he kept himself in shape, and taught himself coin tricks, and thought a lot about how much he loved my wife.

From the "author's preferred text" edition

Neil gaiman... Kneel, gay man
Hmmm

My mom wanted me to join a shitty book club because she said I needed to make friends, so I buy the first book, and it's this book, and I've heard good things about it so I decide to try it out. I had to stop after 150 pages, I couldn't take anymore. Trash.

so what's this about?

>WHO still assblasted about Neil "Can't Frame The Gaiman" Gamin'.

Jesus get over it Veeky Forums.

the only bit i even remember is the part where he sucks off some arab cab driver or some shit. and swallows the jizz

Oh man I remember that part. And IIRC it even had absolutely nothing to do with the plot, just a completely disconnected scene.

Neilman, if anything, is a true pioneer. He brought diversity into literature.

gai diversity.

Gods are more or less dependent on public belief. In the new age, new gods (Internet, Men In Black, TV) are overthrowing the old gods. Shadow's wife is killed in a car crash, so he accepts Odin's offer to travel across America.

i get that this is low-tier art, but i think this book is pretty damn comfy

That book is kino

And no ability to structure a story or restrain his sadism.

Ye it is. Got up to about the same point. Gaiman gets way too much undeserved hype.

>331
>restrain his sadism

Like pottery

What?

Nothin m8, bit of an inside joke.

I just started this recently. Compared to the previous of his books that I've read, it seems a bit interesting. Though usually his problem is with the lackluster endings.

god this book was so bad

>ironically reading books you don't like
oooooh Veeky Forums.

4 u

his books are entertaining and subversive i their genres. Dont expect nothing else. And if you're butthurt that he gets so much attention you're worse than he is.

underrated

Reminder that Gaiman used to be a Scientologist.

YEP, I entered this thread to post the same thing.

It'd be one thing if he was a bit more vocal about disavowing them, but he tends to play it off as unimportant. I rate the likliehood of his novels containing subliminal scientology messages at about 35%, but I doubt it works anyway. Hubbard was a fucking idiot when it came to psychological theory. Those volcanos don't mean anything.

So what, the gods in American are thetans or some shit?

WAS a scientologist you idiot.
now that Hubbard's cult has become unfashionable on the internet, Gaiman is walking through life hoping everyone forgot.

The parts about his wife are really good.

Holy FUCK that explains so much. I know him mostly from his /co/ stuff, his comics and whatnot. Fuck, that makes perfect sense.

>This literal fucking who Neil Gaiman
>/co/ stuff

nigga what?

He's more well known for his comics. That's why his novels got so much traction despite being sad trash.

Are you goddamn retarded?
The Sandman, you dense fuck