Shakespeare Sunday

Today is Shakespeare's 453rd birthday.

Is there anything this man wrote that is not worth reading?

There's nothing worth reading by him. You should see the plays live and sonnets are too faggy even for most outrageous homosexuals like yourself.

Timon of Athens. A lot of his plays are bad, but that's in comparison to his best ones.

King John
Henry VIII

No, even his earliest work is on par or better than his contemporaries, and he only got better. Shakespeare is an infinitely rich author, no one compares to him.

Isn't it his day of death today? I recall that both he and Cervantes died on the same day of the same year.

Enough William Shakespeare, already! We need to read beyond our bubbles

Shakey P famously died on his birthday

Sir Thomas Browne too if I'm not mistaken, i.e. died on his bday.

Was he gay?

He had a wife and two kids, so maybe

I spent half my uni interview defending the position that Titus Andronicus is actually very bad and got let in to the university

press f for big willy, the most op bard ever

which uni, may i ask?

F

Winters Tale was one of the worst things ever written. 0% comedy, 0% tragedy, 100% bullshit.

Shakespeare should be watched, not read you tasteless louts.

Shakespeare is wasted on actors

F

Timon wasn't THAT bad.

Daily reminder William Shakespeare was a black man.

You mean black woman. Shakespeare the white man was illiterate

I tend to be a purist, but when it comes to Shakespeare it's just fucking stupid.

You're depriving yourself of a lot by not reading his work.
At the very least you are depriving yourself of familiarity by not reading the plays.
Seeing them live is great, especially if you can see several different productions of the same one in a year or so.
However, his audiences only spoke and heard Early Modern English and you don't, so get familiar with it by reading his shit, yo.

>Have an unknown birthday
>Some pseud scholar hundreds of years later fucks up
>Plebs think there's some poetry to it
>Now everyone thinks you died on your birthday

fugg

f

Harold Bloom says Shakespeare is preferable read aloud than acted.

True, but it stands out with this hard to account for rigidity. I've seen it done well, though. F

Have you tried this app with Schopenhauer's face? It's horrifying.

No. Everything of his is worth a read.

All of it.