Ancient Megalithic Impossible Cut: Ollantaytambo Rock Quarry

Posted this over in history, but thought it suitable for Science and Math as well.

This I thought is very interesting, there is a quarry behind the ancient megalithic site, Ollantaytambo, found in Peru, 72 km (45 mi) by road northwest of the city of Cusco.

Though the megalithic site itself is amazing, and itself leaves many wondering as to how it was constructed, but there is a major mystery found in the quarry found behind the megalithic structure.

This is an image of an apparent ancient quarrying technique, lost unto man. There must have been a process utilized by which a stone could be quarried from a wall by making two parallel and two corresponding perpendicular cuts and then somehow cutting the rear surface of the stone parallel to the rock facing. This rear cut is actually made within a spacing which would prohibit any possible known method to make such a cut as the area that has been cut out is concave to all surface area surrounding the area of the cut stone; there is litterally no room to make this cut.

The amazing thing is, the quarried rectangular block is seated on the ground just next to the cut and fits into the cut perfectly; as if the ancients simply wanted to illustrate such a cut could be made.

There is a Youtube video demonstrating this amazing ancient feat and that url is listed below:
youtu.be/dxs5eveigJQ?t=1017

Cut is demonstrated at 17:00 in.

What do you all make of this, isn't it intriguing?

Can anyone suggest a method by which such a cut could be made in stone using todays modern engineering?

Other urls found in this thread:

messagetoeagle.com/unusual-artifacts-250-million-year-old-stone-with-microchip-discovered/
ancient-code.com/300000-year-old-nanostructures-found-in-the-ural-mountains/
rocks.comparenature.com/en/properties-of-diorite/model-13-6
youtube.com/watch?v=fhWiUad1gOQ&t=159s
ancient-code.com/no-this-is-not-an-actual-250-million-year-old-microchip/
skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=19182#p309748
youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ
abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1174659/pg2
youtu.be/h9ZSNGPWnck
youtu.be/h9ZSNGPWnck?t=2574
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atacama_skeleton
youtu.be/0XjietgsBDY
ancientpages.com/2015/05/07/advanced-ancient-technology-ancient-peruvians-soften-stone/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=C1y8N0ePuF8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BUPgUKnevVQ
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL3UKpoR6WzsDWSGDQtz-IoW9FImlJdxGt¶ms=OAFIAVgb&v=qRPnpAxohAA&mode=NORMAL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Another demonstration of their ancient skills.

It's just a weather balloon

damn nice find. it was done by a saw of some kind. its much older then they say. look at the sphinx the water damage puts it close to 900,000 years old.

yeah history is completely bs we have been around for millions of years. and not as great apes like they say.

I wasn't being sarcastic, that formation is the result of geologic processes not human activity

bs

Humanity's survived several ice ages.

Wouldn't be surprised if they developed some technology before getting thrust back into the stone age multiple times.

Agreed, BS. Nature does not make sharp angles. All naturally occurring geometric patterns follow ancient geometrical patterns. You don't find 90 degree angles on naturally forming phenomena.

Show me a naturally curved or spherical surface, then we'll talk.

sun flowers make that very same pattern

I can't see how a saw could be used to make such a cut. The fact that the rear surface of the slab would be inaccessible leaves me to question how any object other than photons could make a successful cut in the space supplied in the outtermost cuts. It baffles the mind.

more like a few hundred thousand

which, given how far we've advanced in just the last few thousand, it's entirely possible that entire advanced civilizations have risen and fallen before

nigga look up

No, this is a weather balloon.

And this is helium.

Damn, what's the clock speed on that thing?

Ancient microchip.

>You don't find 90 degree angles on naturally forming phenomena.
Galena. Pyrite. Halite.

messagetoeagle.com/unusual-artifacts-250-million-year-old-stone-with-microchip-discovered/

Details.

Nanotech found in the Ural mountains of Russia, carbon dated to 300,000 years old.

ancient-code.com/300000-year-old-nanostructures-found-in-the-ural-mountains/

Geologist here.

Personally I would wedge thin strips of wood in and expand them with water. The Egyptians used that technique to quarry stone for making their monoliths. It would be difficult to get the wood behind the rock to quarry but I don't think it would be impossible. I would have to see the site myself though and see how the rocks cut out are measured. Never underestimate man's ingenuity.

The guy is lying at the beginning of the video so I quit watching. My tolerance of shit isn't very high. Diamonds are never necessary for cutting so long as you have plenty of whatever you're using to cut it with. The reason we use diamonds is they take longer to wear but if I had unlimited time I could drill a hole straight through anything with wet noodles. Do not ever underestimate mankind's ability to cut rock with an endless supply of labor either.

Looking up the moh's for diorite and it's not particularly strong

Diorite is primarily mafic with probably the hardest thing in it being quartz which has a hardness of 8 with it's hardness being listed as 6-7 for its weakest member, I imagine the plagioclaise. So unless you hit a particularly quartz rich segment of diorite you'll easily cut on through with anything harder than steel. My little piece of corundum I keep on my desk will cut through that shit like butter.

He's clearly confusing density with hardness. Oh well.

>geologist
>moh's
>diorite
yet I was sternly warned never to use moh's on anything besides minerals

we still do that today and the cuts it produce look like shit and are not straight. also explain this
youtube.com/watch?v=fhWiUad1gOQ&t=159s

there's no way that shit is ancient Egyptian
do some radiometric dating

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not but rocks are made of minerals.

but you believe they built the pyramids?

So you can't use moh's cause there's more than one mineral, diamond and corundum are minerals
I'm pretty sure diorite is just intrusive basalt but the two are gonna have different hardnesses despite being made of the exact same material
Yes

Personally, I don't believe that modern man could construct most megalithic sites, given the many hardships that would be endured. From having to carry many, many tons of rock, per stone, to having to lug these extremely heavy stones to the tops of mountains, and then there's the fact there not even a razor can be placed between the stones that meet other stones in some cases with as many as 12 different angles found in a single multi-ton stone.

The amazing thing is, at these sites, the most perfectly formed, heaviest, and most difficult meeting cuts all occur at the base level of constructions. Meaning that the most difficult construction took place many, if not thousands of years prior to the mediocre to simple contruction that has been used to fill in or modify these megalithic constructions.

Take Pumapunku, in Bolivia, for instance, constructed an estimated 10,000 years ago or older, the megalithic stones are cut from a prefabricated design of interlocking stones. This means that the highest order of technology, something not repeated until, assumed modern times, never occurred outside of the construction of some extremely ancient structure. The individuals who constructed Pumapunku litterally had blue prints in hand for a structure that used blocks of decided prefabrication prior to its construction. It's is interesting to note, that the entire megalithic site is blown to pieces by an unknown cataclysm. The natives said that the site was constructed by the gods, and so long as they have known the site, it has always existed in ruins.

Ok?
We have the hardness of diorite as a package. It's 6-7
I already posted that.

The hardest mineral you're going to find within diorite is still the quartz. So even if you hit a patch of nothing but quartz as you're drilling both corrundum and topaz, which are fairly common all over the planet, will still drill through. No need to go for diamonds.

Look at that precision, and to think it's possibly older than the Egyptian Pyramids. Though personally I would think they probably date from around the same time.

>Personally, I don't believe that modern man could construct most megalithic sites,
Looks like we have abrainlet on our hands.

The prefabricated H-blocks. Look at that weathering! And, at an elevation of 12,800 feet no less; you can imagine how infrequently it must rain at that elevation. Given that that is above the treeline, there were no wooden "rollers" that are so often suggested when amazing feats have been accomplished in the very ancient past.

>impossible cut
They made the cut the cut is clearly possible you fucking morons.

Shhh, don't spoil the fun.

Elevation generally means faster erosion (ie uplift weathering), so what's the deal here?

so they just go with the hardest mineral? that's not accurate

Sorry for breaking it to you but that's actually a fossil

ancient-code.com/no-this-is-not-an-actual-250-million-year-old-microchip/

Many hands make light work. Those people lived in the area for thousands of years. They had a lot of time and many were dedicated stone workers who worked on temples.
Maybe not for us, but for ancient man "I hit a rock with another rock, and only one rock broke" is good enough for stone work.

your picture was proven to be a fake... why do you post it?

Source? Not saying you're wrong, I've just seen this pic many times and would like to be informed.

(OP)
>impossible cut
Another circlejerk thread?
It's not easy to cut stones like that, but sandstone and metamorph. variants of that rock aren't hard to cut accurately if done correctly.

Fucking brainlets I swear.

That's because Amerindians are superior to europeans. They had a higher development rate compared to europeans, in other words they have more civilization potential than europeans. How is this hard to get?

Maybe they had luck and the backside just broke off and they could pull it out without doing the impossible cut.
Or maybe they didn't need the stone in one piece, or at least not completely solid (e.g. a frame or doorway). so they could do the "impossible" works from within.

calm down your e/x/citement.

it would really be a "modified" moh's hardness scale

You again? Why were the Amerindians enslaved and then subsequently drove to extinction while having all their land stolen by Europeans? If they were so superior you would think they would be able to preserve themselves and their property.

Fake.

skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=19182#p309748

youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

or

Jesus Christ, Tonto. You pop up all over the internet and are easy as shit to spot. Just drink your Listerine and continue fucking your cousin.

The remaining stone cut from the wall was intact in one whole piece. Upon measuring the stone, it is a perfect fit into the embankment of open space created by the removal of the stone block. Ollantaytambo is referenced in many works of literature attributed to the possibiliy of the ancient astronaut theory, as well as advanced, lost civilizations in the distant past.

As per your request for sauce:
THE ORIGINAL UNDOCTORED IMAGE
abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1174659/pg2

YOUTUBE VIDEO DEMONSTRATING CUT AND CORRESPONDING STONE TABLET

These are the only sites that I can find demonstrating the amazing feat of masonry, but the same visual is demonstrated in at least two other the YouTube videos featuring moving footage of this exact quarry site and the impossible extraction of the matching stone rectangle. As I mentioned, you can find other authors who reference this work found in the Ollantaytambo quarry. I tried to find the video of Erich von Däniken, author of such works as "Chariots of the Gods"; he makes reference to the Ollantaytambo quarry and this exact cut and corresponding stone are measured to be an exact match for the negative space in the mountain where these magicians performed this unbelievable stone-work. I don't believe this is the video that demonstrates the cut, but it is an altogether extremely exciting lecture from Daniken, a brilliantly interesting human being. The work is also referenced in Graham Hancock's "Fingerprints of the Gods".

Forgot the Erich von Daniken video aforementioned in my previous post:

youtu.be/h9ZSNGPWnck

There's some amazing information regarding South American demonstration of ancient "Cargo Cult". A being came down from the mountain with a staff. He would hold the staff up toward a tree and energy would come forth from the staff and fall the tree. After a while the natives realized that the being ment them no harm, and as he wielded such a powerful weapon, they in turn could not harm him.

The natives say that the man didn't speak for the first 3 days, and upon the 4th, he told the natives that he had to learn their language. They made offering of flowers and edible foods, but the being had no ability to eat the food that was offered.

The being taught the tribe, and helped them turn into a society capable of domestication, no longer having to lead a nomatic life now knowing of math, agriculture, astronomy... you get the point. The being established the first school for the tribe, "The House of Use", the tribe ever been exposed to, and it is still active today after such a great number of years.

When the being left, he told the tribe that he would return to them in the distant future, so to this day they hold a ceremony where their shaman will dress in garb demonstrating the being's technology. They hold the ceremony and dance in his honor so that they will not forget the great gift of education given forth from the being from atop the mountain.

This url starts the previously posted video at the exact time as the demonstration of the visit of an ancient technologically advanced being to the Cayapo tribe. Hope I spelled the tribes name right.

youtu.be/h9ZSNGPWnck?t=2574

Hexagonal columns are formed due to the cooling
of the melt and the contraction of the material as
a result

Go back to

There is litterally nothing referencing the site of Ollantaytambo, the quary, or anything relative to my OP. Try hard much did you?

To assume that any culture, who modern archeologists believe didn't possess even rudimentary knowledge of advanced technology, hell they don't even believe that man was capable of making use of the wheel at the point at which most, if not almost all, ancient megalithic structures were built.

Look at the craftsmenship of this wall, I'd love to see the ignorant skeptics amoungst the general populous, recreate the megalithic structures that they are so quick to belittle ancient cultures in their futile attempt to debunk the fact that man has been very technologically advanced in the ancient past These great cultures have collapsed taking their knowledge and capabilities with them, leaving man to start over again in an attempt to once again move towards the reacquisition of these lost knowledges.

Referencing some narrow-minded halfwit who is to ignorant to understand that man was intelligent and was capable of far much more technilogically than given credance.

>they are so quick to belittle ancient cultures in their futile attempt to debunk the fact that man has been very technologically advanced in the ancient past
Sorry, are you perhaps literally retarded? Did your mother drop you on your head as a kid? We all accept that wall is man-made. You on the other hand come across as a crank who's trying his hardest not to bring up how he believes extraterrestrials did it.

This isn't Paranormal, Paranormal suggest that there is something spiritial or foreign at work; suggesting that the given material is of an unknown quantity and bordering fictitous.

There is nothing fictional about these ancient megalithic sites, these are truly there, they are constructed of this earth and visible for anyone with a desire to physically visit these locations.

As for "Cargo Cult" referencing the being who started the "School of Use", "Cargo Cult" is a tangible demonstration that man has encountered a technology that is not undertstood properly or fully. After WWII the inhabitants of Pacific Island nations reconstructed aircraft from reed grasses they bore witness to during the occupation of their home island by the Allied air force. No one assumes that they simply thought up aircraft, they were exposed to something that they found miraculous, bordering an act of God in their eyes, and after the exposure they recreated the planes in the only method they new how, to honor the "gods" who took to the sky as birds.

You clearly belong on See

I never made mention that the site was constructed by any being other than humans. However, man learned these techniques somewhere, from someone...

You want to talk paranormal and extraterrestials, then lest talk this:
The Atacama Humanoid

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atacama_skeleton

youtu.be/0XjietgsBDY

The confirmed biological skeleton of a humanoid bipede of no more than 8" tall. Thorough testing of the mummified corpse has been confirmed an a previously living, biological creature. The epiphyseal plates of the being demonstrate a bone age of somewhere in the range of 6-8 years of age. As the body ages, the epiphyseal plates transition from a highly cartilagenous, low bone content, to a higher concentration of bony material as the chrondrocytes are replaced by osteocytes. The fontanelle found between the bones that comprise the cranium have not fused completely further demonstrating the young age of the being at the time of its death.

The biologic remains have been visualized under the aid of computed tomography, as well as standard radiography. The body of the child has no known musculoskeletal abnormalities that can be identified to attribute to the odd nature of the find. There is no known pathology demonstrated other than a whole found in the occipital bone of the cranium I believe.

As many people know, man has a genetic composition >~1% differentiated from the genetic make-up of chimps. Upon genetic testing of the bone marrow of the body of the being, it is found to have genetic material with a differentiiation greater than 7%. This in turn means that modern Homo sapien sapien has more genetically in common with a chimpanzee than this homonoid found in the Chilean Atacama desert.

Cut out block, including gaps down the sides
Insert stick on either side with wire wrapped round the top.
Start sawing
Keep sawing
Keep sawing and sacrifice the weak
Continue sawing
Remove block.

>crystals don't exist

dna says human

"Eric Von Däniken" ought to be auto-filtered here.

>Look at the craftsmenship of this wall
>they had to jam small stones in to fill in the gaps
>couldn't even figure out mortar

The stones that were added were done much later by a far less advanced group of indigenous peoples. This is the case in many megalithic sites. The most complex and improbable construction is the base, and more primitive people added to the construction.

>sacrifice the weak
Use their blood to keep the dust down
Keep sawing.

>The amazing thing is, the quarried rectangular block is seated on the ground just next to the cut and fits into the cut perfectly; as if the ancients simply wanted to illustrate such a cut could be made.
*as if the rock just fell out on its own

Some have hypothesized that they actually had the capability to use some unknown plant to turn the stone itself into a consistancy of wet cement or clay. There is a bird, supposed to be of the woodpecker family, in South America that supposedly uses said plants to make nestings in the side of mountains in solid stone. They collect the leaves and stems and rub the material on the stone thereby softening the stone to allow the bird to peck a sizable into the stone using only its beak.

The book Journey to the Lost City of Z tells of the author actually encountering a container that held the very same solution and upon spilling it, he found that the stones on which it spilled had turned to the consistency of wet cement.

ancientpages.com/2015/05/07/advanced-ancient-technology-ancient-peruvians-soften-stone/

The image is of the unfinished obelisk in Egypt, notice how the stone appears to be scooped out as if it were ice cream.

>diorite is just intrusive basalt
diorite is intermediate, the intrusive counterpart to andesite. the intrusive counterpart to basalt (which is mafic) is gabbro. this is literally GEOL 101 shit.

if you're gonna correct geologists on geoscience, try not to look like a complete idiot while you're doing it.

>if you're so smart, how come I can beat you up?

the dude in the vid complains about the fallacy of carbon dating
>this chicken bone is from 500bc so the building is the same age

I agree that is a fallacy

but he later says that using thermoluminescence the rock was dated.
Let me bring your attention to the fact that this is also a fallacy.
The age of the building material merely forms a lower bound on when construction took place!
I can build a building with extremely old rocks today.

As for how to cut the stone, i can not tell you because I would be murdered.
But I encourage you to try it out for yourself

>cut big rectangle
>break off
>smoothen inside of cut
>troll future retards

That’s like asking why Europeans would have lost if they were dealing with the Black Plague and a sudden invasion from China at the same time.

I guess if you truly were that smart, you wouldn't have picked a fight with the dude who could kick your ass. Doesn't sound very smart to me. Even under the false pretense that you were as strong as the other dude, you're still stupid for making that misjudgment.

Sure, if the Europeans hadn't invented metallurgy or, I don't know, the wheel maybe.

Lol...also, our ancestors were visited by aliens...ancient drawings prove it!

First video shows moving of giant blocks.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=C1y8N0ePuF8

Second shows cutting of blocks.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BUPgUKnevVQ

Or maybe they rubbed a different rock against the cliff until there was a scoop out of it. And so did the slave next to him, and the one next to him. There's no need for them to be Magical Holistic Chemists That Time Forgot, and I'd suggest that you have some sort of emotional need that drives your unnecessary theories. Either you're Amerindian and feel inadequate about your people's historical accomplishments, or you're a white guilt idiot that drank the koolaid at college and need to feel superior which is why you use Apple computers and have the latest super expensive iphone. One of these is the truth. It's plane to sea.

It's not about getting thrust back
It's about high IQ populations being obliterated by low IQ populations, intelligence is not necessarily a survival trait
Look at what is happening throughout the world in regards to mass migration

And people wonder where all the aliens are, while they abet the destruction of human civilization.

There have been high IQ civilizations destroyed by miscegenation/barbarians for thousands of years

Mortar only lasts like 50 years, its actually a shit way to build if you want it to last a long time

>you shouldn't have picked a fight with those invaders
This is either bait or you are retarded.

As an American I'm mostly talking about North American Indians. Whites weren't invaders. They didn't jump off the boat and start murdering people. Fuck you for being stupid.

>It's about high IQ populations being obliterated by low IQ populations
>this retard literally claims that lower IQ is an advantage

do you suffer from low IQ so you can't understand what I mean?

m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL3UKpoR6WzsDWSGDQtz-IoW9FImlJdxGt¶ms=OAFIAVgb&v=qRPnpAxohAA&mode=NORMAL

Ok.
So you want a whole bunch of square rocks.
Really square rocks.
All you have is a bunch of normal ass prehistoric cutting tools.
You find the rock, take a chunk out from the top, push it onto some logs, then roll it back.
The hole you left behind is hardly flat, but that's ok. You just want the rock. So you take the rock, and it's not square, not even close. So you polish it. It's now square. You're done with it. You notice while polishing that water and stone dust from the rock you're trying to polish makes the whole thing a lot faster.
Then you go back to the hole you left behind for your next rock, and boom, you happen to see rock dust everywhere. Why not do the polishing on that side of the surface since you're gonna have to do it eventually anyways? The rock is gonna hold itself nice and tight, unlike when you unload the damn thing onto a buncha logs - who the hell wants to turn that thing 20 times to get all the sides? Get one side down, put that side on the bottom, roll it out, polish all the other sides after.
Then one day after polishing the surface of the rock, the foreman comes and decides the rock ain't the right size. So you move to a new location and leave behind the polished surface.
A few years later, a latte sipping faggot insists that you're fucking aliens or some shit.

>They didn't start murdering people until way later when they had the means to do it more efficiently and safely.
Yeah that was a pretty smart move.

No he didn't, he simply claimed high IQ is not a survival trait. There are literal retard tier Africans that can hunt and fish to survive.

Your biased, uneducated opinion is high school history tier. When Columbus came back from the New world whites across the land didn't think 'hell yeah, let's go kill some injuns.' and you're stupid for thinking so.

>there are single celled organisms so multi-cellular is not a survival trait.
Is this really the current state of Veeky Forums?

Now, cortes, that's another story...

You are defending thieves and murderers and your reasoning is seriously "it wasn't premeditated so it is fine"?

look as far as I'm concerned swindling the illiterate injuns out of their land really ain't much different from a money mart

>I enjoy taking candy from babies and pushing over the elderly.

Welcome to capitalism, we beat everyone else.

Amerindian superiority is based on their higher development rate. It's pretty simple. Who is superior between a chimp with a gun and a child genius?
The conclusion is the same with Amerindian superiority. How is this hard to get?

>blonde hair
No evidence from this unless you count the source from conquistador which are proven to be full of lies. Yet other chronists from the same years contradict such "blonde" traits.

Amerindian superiority is a historical fact. Deal with it.

Actually Amerindian have more civilization potential than europeans.