/journal/

Who here unironically writes in a journal regularly? What do you write in it?

Just picked mine up again a few days ago. I write about my day and if something noteworthy happens I use it to practice my prose. It allows me to make mistakes/sound stupid without caring and I think it helps me to improve my writing.

I write about my diary desu

Then when my conscience asks me "did you write today?" I can say "yeah, sort of"

Here's a translated excerpt from my diary
2015, december

"I feel like i am loved, but im not so sure anymore. It all started on the 28th of octobor, when I asked a girl out of anxiety how much she loved me. She didn't respond." The rest of the page, i cannot remember too good.

this is bait

Ok. You got me. She did respond. She said:
>I dont feel that we know eachother well enough. Ask me again in a few months.

Main subjects:-

>general developments in life
>thoughts, ponderings and epiphanies
>progress in personal development
>progress with hobbies and interests
>days out
>nights out
>sexual encounters
>dream reports and interpretations
>drug trips
>health concerns

Basically, anything that seems significant in my life. I keep a journal to save my life from amnesia and obscurity. When I'm on my deathbead, I plan to re-read my journals, and reassure myself that I've had a fulfilling existence.

Also, keeping a journal is a good way to practice writing. If you hope to write anything serious one day, you need to keep your hand in somehow.

I used to keep a journal, didn't write in it regularly though, it was mostly a place to put down ideas.
I did write more extensively later on when I was feeling overpoweringly anxious. Putting everything I wanted (or didn't want) to say (to friends which I don't have) on paper seemed to help. Recently I burned it all, without even re-reading it. That didn't seem to do anything, but at least now nobody will know what was written there.

That's another benefit of journals. Writing about your life helps you get your head straight, and express what's troubling you. It's a therapeutic act.

And afterwards, why not burn what you wrote? The process has served its purpose after all. I get where you're coming from, user.

I keep a journal. I vent and write thoughts, feelings, developments, ideas, but mostly about my anxieties, frustrations, possible solutions to problems in my life to be implemented, that sort of thing.

Originally, I kept a sketchbook that I also wrote journal entries in occasionally, or a book that functioned as both to varying ratios. For the past few months, it was hard for me to lug a physical book around and write any thing that I felt needed to be put down, so I just opened a google doc and titled it 'Journal' so I can type in it at my laptop/smartphone/any computer with wifi access and also kept an anonymous Tumblr for venting as well. I feel more comfortable now with an actual physical book, so I've switched back to a notebook that I only had a couple entries in and a short story.

Do you ever read it back?

Yeah. I used to trash my older journals because I hated reading them back. All angst and shitty sarcasm and no actual constructive brainstorming. I kinda forgave myself for not being perfect so I stopped doing that. I noticed also that my older journals were more pretensive and actually "spoke" to the book as if it were a person, the newer ones are more simpler logs. The bigger issues (ie the ones I have less control over) are still major driving forces it seems, but alot of the smaller stuff actually has been resolved, which I'm happy about now that I think about it.

That seems nice. I might pick it up too.

I'd like to but I'm afraid someone would read it to blackmail me or something

I write about all of these things except the sexual encounters because I don't have any.

I used to keep a dream journal, I am trying to get back into it now

>be NEET and have nothing interesting to put in your journal
>be successful and living life to its fullest but never have time to journal about it
pick one

I just do free writes when I go camping. Such lack of structure gives me ideas.

I have a "feels journal" that I write in whenever I can't let go of some frustration or uncomfortable feeling, and I spoadically try to keep a dream journal going. Never had a care to keep a daily journal, though.

every fucking thread

I noted this bullying in my diary desu

I bought a 400page journal two years ago. I write in it when i feel like it, for instance i'll go days, weeks and occasionally a month without writing an entry. I never date them as well. Yestersay i was staring at blank page thinking what to write, then i decided to read all my entries. Jesus i was a pussy when i first started, then gradually the enteries became more self-assured. I improved on myself the last two years and thats what i wrote about.

I had a journal once, but I burned it for all of its edginess. Being post pubescent now, I've started keeping one with more well-thought entries. I keep it on my phone so that I can write without looking like a pretentious art student in public. I do it whenever I have time. Sometimes before bed, sometimes when I'm waiting and have nothing to do. I usual just write about my feelings about whatever happens in life, notable conversations with others or any interesting coincidence. I like to imagine that I'll print it and long after my death someone will find it and it will hold some significance, that I'll have something of a lasting legacy.
Yes, because no one can spare 30 minutes every few days to write about their thoughts whilst also holding a job. Try harder, edgy faggot.
Polite sage because I didn't add much of anything new and I responded to faggotry.

I used to keep all kinds of things in my journal. I used it as an agenda, and to ramble on inanely. Now I keep the agenda/todo part in a separate booklet and my journal in another.

I do. I used to write in a physical journal but the anxiety of it being read and my debaucheries discovered by people I care about was too much.

Now I use an app secured behind seven proxies.

you just posted it right now dummy

just wait until I decipher this runic language of yours