Stack thread

Stack thread
R8, h8, appreci8, negoti8.

Are we supposed to be impressed?

Well. Yes.

Babby is not impressed

He probably just started reading, or wants to catch up with some classic works discussed here. Cut him some slack.

Anyway, here's mine.

Honestly? You just shouldn't have fucked around and got too carried away and got yourself caught up in something that you weren't ready for.

Now look, we both look like jackasses. No amount of diverting blame changes the fact that you actually, legitimately tricked me into the situation. I did not intend it.

All in all, those books just add up to one big joke to me.

strong stack. It looks like you're building the foundations of a strong library. Just don't get too carried away with what lit tells you to read, not that I'm necessarily accusing you of that

Why is it bad to read what lit tells you to read?

they're good books lol, stop being such an autistic snowflake

This.
>le such bad books xD

>pynchon
>joyce

HE FELL FOR THE MEMES!!!@ HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAS

It's fine as long as he reads them ironically

You develop a blind and "unauthentic" taste. In itself it's not bad to read recommendations from here, since Anons sometimes give some good recs that are not "mainstream". But if you only read things people recommend here, you will let others directly dictate what you should and shouldn't read, and will be caged to the taste of only one place.

Are stacks supposed to be all your books? Or the ones you recently bought? Or the ones you will read? Or the ones you have read?
Or are they just stacks of books you want to show lit you have?

weekend haul, about $20 total

>buying one big volume instead of the books separately
You've made some big errors, user. That book doesn't even look comfortable to hold.

>translaciones

I know, but it costed about 15 dollars. I do have Ulysses and Dubliners separately (7 and 10 bucks each). I'm a poor user and second hand lit in english is hard to find here.

What are you supposed to post here? The books that you plan to read in the near future or the books that you own?

Fun fact I once fapped to the cover of that edition of The Red and the Black. It was alright I'd say, 6/10. That's the rating I would give to the fap, the book itself is a 7/10

You have to build and structure your own taste, your own culture, your own path, not eating memes all day. Unless you're a Veeky Forums memeboy, which I suspect you are.

I can only speak Spanish, English and very sad German. But Great Expectations and the Poe collection were gifts, although I did buy the Poe's Cortazar translations, I've read the originals though.

Traducciones*

All of that, user.

Sounds fucking gay and retarded user. Will surely participate when my books arrive.

OP here. Ive been kinda following lits books for a while. This isnt my first memestack. I read V. And I loved it and Im preping myself to read the meme trilogy. I try to maintain an equilibrium of lit memes and "my" literature. On the side Im reading Clarin, Becquer, Camilo Jose Cela and some Sci-Fi like Solaris, Hard to be a God and Vonegut.
Post yfw youll never have such a good trail of books as me.

>Unless you're a Veeky Forums memeboy, which I suspect you are.
>le wild accusation xD
Kys famalam

It's really nothing special.

>On the side Im reading Clarin, Becquer, Camilo Jose Cela and some Sci-Fi like Solaris, Hard to be a God and Vonegut

It's sad that you think that this is impressive desu.

>Gatsby
That book can eat my whole entire ass.

Dubliners has some spicy ass jawns. What are you talkin about? I mean some of the stories are ass.

THIS is too much Joyce, my guy. He's not THAT good.
also [HOT TAKE]: The Sun Also Rises is better than Farewell to Arms.

It's a meme. We know Pynchon and Joyce are good, but we pretend that they're not by ironically pretending they are

>memed again
I'm a dip, sorry. I'm still gonna stand by my statement that the user above has too much Joyce.

I'm pretty late to thread, but this is my "To read list"

I've never been so conflicted by one of these in my life. This stack is 50% patrician and 50% pure garbage. Well done.

I like the Wordsworth, senpai. Stupidly ignored by the environing uncouthoisie. Every book in your r8s high by me. Have fun.

Goodwill has been good to me the past two weeks.

Why it's only four books. I got the complete novels because it was cheap.

What a fucking steal. What goodwill had all of that??

this is like my haul.

Goodwill is a treasure chest. Thank god.. I once bought 50 books from there for 30 dollars, including a 1st edition Mason Dixon.

It was 6 or 7 different Goodwills near me and two separate weekends. We make a day out of it and cross off fuck load of books we're looking for each time. This was about 35 dollars all together.

Nice. I found a signed first edition Chabon (I don't even particularly like him, but it was a nice surprise) and a first edition Vineland as well. I never go to big box bookstores. If there's a book I can't find, it's probably only available online (McElroy, Gass, Gaddis, etc.) anyway, so fucking B&N and their shitty selection.

How much did this cost user?

where u live bro????

Sorry didn't see

Bought this large stack of memes from the used bookstore/library sale/I got Gravity's Rainbow in a thrinft store. Thanks for the Veeky Forumserary enligjtenment laddies!

Fuck you user, I want those.

stack of shit coming through

I'll trade all of them for a hardcover copy of Gravity's Rainbow. Just saying...

Posted this last thread just before it died. Have a few more still coming in the mail.

>Tfw I'm waitinf for 7 books
>No delivery during weekends

>First They Killed My Father
>A story about how a devout Catholic family murders their son and brother because his own son was strong willed enough to not want to kill himself, despite the family's best efforts.

Sound like a great read senpai.

>tfw usps admitted they lost my signed Vollmann in transit
>tfw still check every day just in case

I'm only waiting on 4 myself. Although its in 2 different shipments and one of them doesn't have tracking so I'm going to be neurotic about it until it comes.

All of the books that I have brought in the last month, does Veeky Forums approve of my purchases?

Ive actually finished Wordsworth. Reading it near a river or lake adds a lot to it. The one about the dog that stood with his dead owner gave me goosebumps. Also I cry bc Ill never have such a strong love/pain for a woman as Wordsworth had.

Just got back from the Book Man. I'm very happy with my haul. Can I get some ratings my dudes?

take a better picture you fucking asshole

I only have a low quality webcam, sorry lad

oh sorry, i didn't know

Cheers on the MacDonalds.

Thanks

>The Go-Between
My fucking guy, I'm reading that at the moment.

You won't crack open even a quarter of those. There's not a person on this pseud board who would.

na its about polpot and Khmer Rouge

Very interesting. Have you read them?

You're projecting. I'll have the majority of these done by next year. Already read two of them (The Book Thief, which was shit, and The Stranger, which is perhaps ranked too highly by those who have maybe three other books other than it, like you) and I'll likely pick up the Mann after I finish Women and Men, which is taking me longer that I thought it would.

If you liked Nietzsche, then you should read Carl Jung, Sigmund Freud, and then Doetoevsky.

I have the same Hobbit and LOTR. Never read them as a child. Pleasantly surprised as an adult, but I think I would have enjoyed them more as a child. The LOTR books felt like more of a meta-story than a story. I believe that was his intention.

Mirin
Don't know about the others, but if you are interested in the last book, then Evola's The Hermetic Tradition is for you.

>tfw only one used book store in town
>it has shit selection

im actually OK with buying new books. it just makes me more careful of what i buy.
still, my wallet hurts.

"You're projecting." Stock answer from a pseud. Typical..

The price of new books actually helps me pace myself a bit. With used books I end up with a (puchased) backlog that gets way out of hand.

i am legend is the most patrician book in that stack

>pseudo-intellectual calls others pseuds
You're a bit of a hypocrite, and I'd go so far as to call you a cunt.

How about you he helpful and tell me which to read first, cunt? Pretend for a second that I'm someone who might at one point decide to actually pick a fucking book up, and help me through my indecisive anxiety, instead of assuming nobody on here but you (I hope) reads.

Cool, thanks. I'll move that up my list, then.

Pic related, these are all the books I've bought in the last month or so.

I think I may have a bit of a problem...

And now we have come full circle to Masonic topics. Wew lad, really gettin that old noggin a joggin

can you not?

what's between the human stain and A Confederacy of Dunces? Which book will do you want to read first? Which book are you are you most uncertain about?

How is it? I had never heard of it before, but the premise interested me and I trust nyrb.

SC

Wow I've never fapped to a book cover before, you must have been really hard up. I have masturbated to the slipcase of Age of Mythology, and one of the menu screens of Warcraft 3, but I was only thirteen or so.

I'm pretty sure I know which is which, but go ahead and list what you think is Patrician and Garbage for me if you can user

La coleccion de Catedra de atras es bastante mas llamativo que lo del frente

i was on holiday when i was like 14 and really horny and the only material i had to fap over was the cover of a Jo Nesbo book i was reading at the time. so i know this feel

i dont get these threads.. are these books you have in your backlog or are they books you've recently read?

Both. Although people tend to post backlogs a lot more frequently.

Shit, I didn't notice that. It's Heart of Darkness. In probably going to read The Magic Mountain first, and there's a few books on there I'm not certain of. Mostly The Brothers K, Kafka on the Shore, and The Goldfinch.

big fan of The Sellout

These threads are just for stacks of books. As long as they're stacked up it's all good. Probably more common to post backlogs or travel packs since there is usually a recent purchases thread around too.

Was gonna reply KYS for the swoly bible but then I saw the year of Living Biblically
Read that first user.

Maricona.

Not really senpai

tu jefa

just got these today

howd I do?