Please recommend something by an indian

I am indian but growing tired of reading foreigners.It seems distant,so i want to read some indian writers who aren't trash pop-lit

There's Salman Rushdie

I have read some of his work but feel like he writes for non indians and presents the indian society with its complexities but there is little depth in his work but thanks for the suggestion

"My experience using the Loo: overcoming the ultimate challenge" ~Pajeet Gupta

Vyāsadeva. Don't schools in india teach about vedic texts?

so pol has decided to make this board insufferable as well.
yes my country is poor and has serious problems regarding sanitation but literally every indian on Veeky Forums is from a privileged background(relatively) and things are improving and also only some parts of my country has this problem all Himalayan states have near 100% toilet use and southern states also are above 85%.in short neck yourself faggit

not allowed in curriculum because Muslims and Christians chimp out because muh secularism.

I've heard good things about Nehru's history books, that might be a place to start

nehru is a total pseud .His prose is good but he is not much of a thinker.

>so pol has decided to make this board insufferable as well.
cry me a fucking river you insufferable cunt. its just a bant like any other, just with a different name. youre the only fool here for falling for it.

The Life Divine by Sri Aurobindo

Do indians know how to read?

Nope, and I doubt most other people could help you. We all know the really famous Indian works, but probably none of us know enough to give you a solid "start with the Greeks" style guide. Unless there's a weird doctor in Indian mythology or something knocking around.
That is good.
This.

Speak for yourself, anārya

Unrelated, but I got my cat neutered a few weeks ago and the veterinarian's last name was Dilbag. He was brown as hell. Gave me a good chuckle.

a fine balance

POO

POO

Train to Pakistan by Singh, Khushwant

I only know Urdu authors, Mushtaq Ahmed Yousufi and Saadat Hasan Manto

Kipling

Narcopolis by Jeet Thayil

There are literally no good Indian
English authors, so your best bet is to learn an Indian language. Learn Sanskrit, there are excellent plays, poems and philosophical texts in Sanskrit.