Is there anything redeemable about Hegel?

Is there anything redeemable about Hegel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

His vision of philosophy being not a cage match of bitter foes but a harmonic fugue of different actors in the story of thought

His insistence that there is meaning to and a science of culture

His belief that ideas change history fundamentally

His authoritarianism

His masculinity

so no

Only non-philistines can redeem Hegelian prizes

nice dubs

I'm more into analytic philosophy and cognitive science, but Hegel is a bretty cool guys for a few reasons:
- His discussion (and to some extent, refutation) of empiricist accounts of experience and perception.
- His emphasis on historical influences on subjective understanding (phenomenological psychology) and objective knowledge (epistemology) (although he himself would dispute such subjective/objective distinction in this context)

A good post on Veeky Forums? What is this?

>I'm more into analytic philosophy and cognitive science,
leave

>I'm more into analytic philosophy and cognitive science
virgen detected

Haha upvotes to you guys XD

same fag

Yes. Any other answer is fedora tier le ebin maymay faggotry.

>I'm more into analytic philosophy and cognitive science
Stopped reading there. Not even kidding, I didn't read the rest of your post. Fuck off.

>he thinks reddit wouldn't be "into analytic philosophy and cognitive science"
?

You come across like a fucking faggot.

He led to pic related.

Kierkegaard didn't like him so I don't.

This is why everybody hates Christposters

So that would be a no

Nope.

dialectical materialism

We have little patience for pseudo-intellectual Anglos with mathematician envy on this board.

you would not be able to think about redemption without hegel

also i'm pretty sure he invented the wheel

>I'm more into analytic philosophy and cognitive science,
gtfo (((Anglo)))

I'm an actual mathematician and I don't agree with what the person said, but you come across like one of those humanities faggots who think he's smart by looking down on scientism, when really you're just a pseud who understands nothing about science and bury a massive inferiority complex.

Hegel is to blame for this
youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8

ITT: people who never read a single page of Hegel's works.

Ironic that the analytic virgin is the only one with a relevant post in this thread.

k

Please shut up.

I read that as Christophers and got sad.

Getting into dialectics is a bit like falling in love: you let yourself go for a higher good. I mean by that it's a spiritual endeavor. But then once you got it, you understand that matter is infused with spirit. By the same token, you then understand how idealistic materialism is.

Understanding dialectics is about understanding that things are in movement because sometimes things are set in stone, sometimes they mean nothing at all.

For example:

When I say that "I love relaxing after work".

What really is the case, is that:

Both not-working and not-relaxing shape my understanding of what "loving to relax" is.

Basically, negativity (in this instance: not-working and not-relaxing) supports a certain positivity (loving to relax).

Based on the history of this movement, Hegel concluded, that it's not erratic but instead has a goal. This goal is absolute knowledge, which stems from freedom. Freedom is what creates movement and knowledge allows one to capture it. Freedom pushes things forward while absolute knowledge gives meaning to it.

Contrary to what critics of Hegel say, absolute knowledge doesn't mean that freedom is over, because freedom has the upper hand; ie: it shapes the content of knowledge.

t. analytic virgin

gtfo analytic enabler

"Your bewilderment and toil at decoding this demonic tome was the phenoemenology of spirit all along."

Read Brandom

He liked Heraclitus

he looks like the physical manifestation of hot sweaty diarrhea i guess

that's pretty phenomenological

Kierkegaard liked him, what are you talking about.