The End of the Tour BTFO by Tom Leclair

The End of the Tour BTFO by Tom Leclair

full-stop.net/2015/08/12/blog/tomleclair/how-to-exploit-a-dead-writer/

>waaaaaaah they made money off of and unfairly represented muh dead friend

Keep crying loser

Who fucking cares?

No seriously, 90% of this article is a nonargument. I say this as a huge DFW fan: I don't give a rats ass if the quirky sperger wouldn't have approved of the film. Which is the entire foundation. Do you think any work, ANY decent work could be made if the artist had to seek approval from those around him, or even what the work is about first? I'm not saying *End of the Tour* is Godfather, but if this raging faggot wants a sterile clean work approved by the artist, he can watch 'Cool as Ice' and let me know how it goes for him.

Film and television have always been like this. Nobody gets "BTFO" unless the bottom line is in the red.
Which, if one is attached to a major media conglomerate, is pretty fucking hard to do.
Stop being assblasted, it's a dramatization of a weirdo from a magazine meeting a weirdo from the literati.

This, a movie about an artist is no good if there's nothing on it that the artist wouldn't object to. Same with biographies, the best one's are always those that aren't afraid to include shit the movie's subject wouldn't want to be made public.

They made a fucking normal-ass movie about DFW and these guys are crying. Can you imagine if someone found letters written by DFW and their content was as nasty as Joyce's? DFW fans are a bunch of pussies.

Why does he hold the cig as such a faggot
Did the real DFW even smoke?

this board is so sad

t. Tom Leclair

Hey what does "t." stand for? I get what people mean when they say it, I just dont know what the t is referring to specifically. I think i assumed it was something latin like "i.e."

t. basically means 'signed'
As in 'this person wrote this post'

yeah but why. why does "t." mean signed?

It comes from Finnish memeboards.
Basically, "t." is short for "terveisin" or "terkkuja" which translates to "greetings" or "yours truly". As if ending a letter or a postcard.

Yeah he smoked ironically.

Honestly they made DFW look like a troubled but insightful guy. Sure you think the Guy who played Dave makes it feel like he's an inch from murdering Zuckerberg the entire movie, but it's kinda endearing. Though, I will admit, they make him look like a scheming freak when he looks abashed at the fact that Lipsky got the British cover of his boring memoir to be the same as the US one.
Actually, a further grievance, you have a hard time believing the DFW actor could ever have written a book like IJ. He just doesn't have the aura or calculation Dave did in his interviews.
You're kind of pathetic if you think Joyce's letters are egregious in some way.

No one smart jumped on the DFW bandwagon, ever.

Holy kek

Wtf i hate Alanis Morrisette now

go back to were you came form

It's a shitty biopic aka Oscars-bait. The only people who watched it were the panel that decides on Academy Awards and a handful of pretentious pseuds/IJ fanboys.

I did. Your point is disproven. Q.E.D.

Next.