He chose medicine

>he chose medicine
have fun user

anyone else get hard to this

Yes

she thicc

this shit reads like the creepy diaries from the abandoned buildings in No Man's Sky.

This honestly makes me want to work in a hospital.

>I want to clean shit
Scientifically speaking, what did he mean by this?

Fake. There's no way in hell you can have an infection that eats all the way through your skin and to fat without being I'm such tremendous pain that you'll want to go to hospital.

You would be surprised. You would be very disgustingly sadly surprised.

is it strange that I actually enjoyed the descriptions of all the organic aberrations?
maybe she went numb

Pretty good read
Thanks for posting this

This is why I just stayed in research. You really lose track of your principles and ideals when you're actually dealing with patients day-to-day; you can't help but become drenched in emotions unrelated to your original whims and aims.

Old people, especially old fat people, especially especially especially old fat people with diabetes get a lot of peripheral neuropathy and just stop feeling pain sometimes.

Same reason why people get silent heart attacks or allow massive bed sores to form without noticing.

Diabetics often have this thing called diabetic neuropathy where they lose sensation in their extremities because the nerve endings there are simply destroyed.

It starts out in hands/feet and they go utterly and completely numb; this is why diabetics frequently need foot amputations, because they get a cut and that gets infected. These people are used to their wounds just healing like usual like they have throughout life, but due, to the piss-poor diabetic circulation in the extremity, if they don't get a good enough immune reaction going to fight it then suddenly it turns into gangrene -> sepsis -> ded.

These infections were stated to be behind her knees, and diabetic neuropathy definitely travels up the arms/legs until they're all just numb. So it's possible that she literally didn't feel them and her shitty circulation couldn't fight it off. Diabetes fucking sucks, man.

looks like it's time to give that one another pirate
>mfw no man's buy

Interesting. Certainly sounds possible.

People who went to fucking war have seen things less horrifying than this.

Call me a pussy, but fuck, man

I seriously considered going into medicine when I was younger and probably would have made a great doctor but decided against it because I wasn't interested in cleaning up other people's vomit/shit and god knows what else. I'm glad I made the right choice.

Don't blame the woman
Blame these fucking welfare workers who didn't let her die

oh she did die
well good

this

Good thing I'm becoming a doctor and not a nurse technician huh?

>yeast clots in arteries
this shouldn't be a thing

>cleaning up other people's vomit/shit and god knows what else.
That's the job of a nurse, not a doctor you absolute moron.

>would have made a great doctor
Believing that you would be great at something just because you think so is extremely ignorant.

gee user you sure sound like a brainlet with coping mechanisms right now.
What do you study?