Romance novels

I noticed that most of the books I read have little to do about romance and love.
I'm propably gonna start reading Pride and Prejudice soon since that is the only book I already have but haven't read that is a romance novel.
What novel that you have read has in your opinion the best, most interesting love story?

Of that ilk, but uncommon is Blackmore's Lorna Doone. It's exceptionally well written. A romance of a different sort, published less than 20yrs ago, is Penelope Fitzgerald's The Blue Flower (based upon the earlier portion of Novalis' too early ending life).

so not Romeo and Julia

"If on a winter's night a traveler" is probably the most interesting one I've read.

Far From the Madding Crowd, senpai

>If on a winter's night a traveler
>The postmodernist narrative, in the form of a frame story, is about the reader trying to read a book called If on a winter's night a traveler. Each chapter is divided into two sections. The first section of each chapter is in second person, and describes the process the reader goes through to attempt to read the next chapter of the book he is reading.
that does sound different and interesting

Goethe's Love Poems...

>that does sound different and interesting
It thinks so too.

forgot second part
>The second half is always about something different from the previous ones and the ending is never explained.

Going to say Wuthering Heights is pretty high on my list. Snow Falling on Cedars was pretty good too.

Austen is much better than most of the usual Veeky Forums suspects desu

I have Emma but always see Veeky Forums talkin shit about Austen so I never really got excited to read it...

El tĂșnel has a great love story.

You should, Emma is pretty much a flawless masterpiece with one of the most rounded and convincing female protagonists in literature.
Veeky Forums shit talks Austen because she's a woman writing about women, and mostly we're still in the girls-are-icky phase

Veeky Forums says a lot of things friend, I wouldn't judge before I tried it for myself

but I don't speak spanish and translation????

Austen is good. Read 4 and Northanger Abbey is by far my favorite. Pride and Prejudice is my least favorite of hers. Recently I read Norwegian Wood and thought it was one of the best love stories I've read.

>Norwegian Wood
I really dislike the idea of reading translations because I already personally noticed small changes they make between german and english or w/e.
Did you read it in japanese or the translation?
If you read the translation, how did it read?

The nice thing about Norwegian Wood is that the Western cultural references probably outnumber the Eastern references. I'm holding off on any more Murakami until I'm fluent in Japanese, but the English version of Norwegian Wood was fine imo. It's inevitable that you're going to lose some meaning going from JP -> En, but I thought the story and characters came through pretty well in this case which is all I expect a translation to be able to do.

Seriously? I though Pride and Prejudice were much better than Abbey. Mostly because I didn't think Catherine was as interesting as Elizabeth.

Norwegian Wood is easily his worst novel. EASILY.

not my diary desu

I haven't any right to criticise books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticise Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone.
- Letter to Joseph Twichell, 13 September 1898

>I haven't any right to criticise books

I second Wuthering Heights. It's just an amazing book. There are so many beautiful and memorable passages, and the characters are some of the best i've encountered yet.

Love in the Time of Cholera

>Cholera
That doesn't sound like it is gonna be too romantic

Its actually a good love story about love between two old people, ror

Rin's route desu.

Lilly's is better.

Lilly's route is pretty good, but I like Rin's the best.

The Illiad

Emi, Hanako and Lily's routes are just as good.
Rin > Hanako = Lily > Emi > Glasses

But to make it related a real obvious one is Lolita.

J.D. Salniger Short Stories are often love stories i remembered