What's stopping a religious cult from genociding by creating and spreading a disease?

What's stopping a religious cult from genociding by creating and spreading a disease?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3234451/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the FBI/CIA/Hezbollah/Al Qeada/Reptilian/Masons/Rotary clubs

Nothing besides the fact that it's not that easy and it very unlikely to succeed.

how would they stop a disease?

brainlet here, what's hard about it?

The fact that it's really, really, really hard. Aum Shinrikyo tried various times to make anthrax, before just settling on chemical weapons.
everything. There's a report about Aum Shinrikyo's attempts out there somewhere. They had trained scientists and everything.

People who are smart enough to develop those weapons are usually not religious

isn't hiv/aids artificially created by humans?

*tips fedora*

Funding.

That would be good but then how could you explain the stupid amount of government money spent trying to ensure the totally preventable disease doesnt cause any issues whatsoever to those who cannot be bothered to prevent it?

by having that same money flow back into the government?

The lack of people willing to do that in the first place.

No. There are many animal versions that have been around since forever. One just jumped the species gap is all.

no, niggers brought it to the civilized world by having sex with monkeys
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3234451/

Contextless dataless one-line writing prompts are often indistinguishable from spam. Think about it: the person asking the question, if it's not a bot, must have internet access. And yet they have not managed to find the time to do any basic research whatsoever about their topic.
This is what Mark Zuckerberg wants the internet to look like. Hey, you. Red or Blue? Italian or Chinese? Favorite celebrity and pop song? Give me more personal information in exchange for nothing, so I can make money off you.
Is this what you want the internet to look like?

personally, i got tired or writing well researched replies to people only to be ignored in favor of memey one liners who missed the mark by a mile but were easy to read, or what the OP from each thread expected to see
therefore, i now pretty much only post in one liners for the yous

Volatility is the opposite of shelf life. If it's usable as a weapon, then it's not going to last forever or be easy to control. During the Iran-Iraq war there was a project to basically flood wadi with grill gas on a humid day with the wind blowing in the right direction. You can guess how that turned out or why it is not more popular.

>what is lurking more?
>I'm not lazy, I was the hardest worker, and have seen through hard work
>I was only pretending to be a spambot
You can't get ten minutes into researching cults without answering the question.
And the answer to David Brock's New Normality of All-Spam Catalogs is not to post CTR-style one-line writing prompt one posts.

They sometimes call themselves "anti-vaxxers" and they are already working on it and succeeding in some cases.

>religion is for my granny and also I am 16 years old the poster
hopefully you won't be a dumbass your entire life and realize the bonding value of religion in a society

The whole anti-vaccine shit is a serious blunder from the CDC themselves. They actually did fuck major with the data in an effort to hide the fact that there really are risk-groups that have a higher chance of side effects from vaccinations.

And i think just last year some Havard immunologist figured out that you don't actually need full coverage regarding vaccines to completely protect against what's being vaccinated for.

So, if the CDC just admitted that certain groups are higher risk, and selected for them, keeping them out of the vaccination programs, things would've never gotten this out of hand and the side effects of vaccinations could've been controlled better.

Yet, here we are. With the CDC with it's back against the wall, not ever in a million years willing to admit there mistakes for fear of the enormous loss of reputation. And the high-risk groups still being vaccinated.

Oh I'm sorry little snowflake
>No, Africans brought it to the Western world due to their acts of love toward primates
Is that PC enough for you? I mean it's not like it's saying anything different

For anyone in this thread who actually reads:

Aum Shinrikyo

Look them up, it's been attempted. A combination of technical difficulty and law enforcement has so far limited death cult success rates. Interesting history.

>What's stopping

Because it's hard to do. Hard like really hard, not hard like movie hard.

>implying anyone in this thread can read

The current level of genetic engineering technology

But in the future even if everything turns out okay we'll probably still need a global surveilance state (even if it's benevolent) just because 1 retard/cultist/ psychopath could make 3d printed nukes/ genetically engineer a mega plague/ build grey goo... in his garage
So even if politically everything turns out okay we will NEED TO eventually lose more and more privacy as these technologies get more and more easier to acquire or we'll be in deep shit

That paper doesn't say what you claim it's saying, /pol/friend

This, I just look at the picture

>How humans acquired the ape precursors of HIV-1 groups M, N, O, and P is not known; however, based on the biology of these viruses, transmission must have occurred through cutaneous or mucous membrane exposure to infected ape blood and/or body fluids. Such exposures occur most commonly in the context of bushmeat hunting (Peeters et al. 2002).
/pol/ once again proven illiterate by themselves

He isn't wrong though.