Yfw someone tells you: "what the fuk you need calculus anyway? you won't need it when doing groceries"

>yfw someone tells you: "what the fuk you need calculus anyway? you won't need it when doing groceries"

>you won't need it when doing groceries
well he is not wrong

You can use calculus to check your algebra answers for when you are grocery shopping.

Properly speaking, "When you're working your dead-end checkout job."
In which case he's 100% right!

>ITT: autistic STEMfag pretends his shit is useful in real life

>pretends his shit is useful in real life
maybe you're right, if an electrician can work around mains voltage without any knowledge then an electrical engineer can do the same while designing power hardware.

>In this post: ignoramus defines real life as "every aspect of life that doesn't require mathematics"

>high school calculus class
>someone asks what calculus and math will be useful in their lifetimes
>teacher says nothing, unless you want a diploma

What a cunt, you teach calculus for fucks sake, at least say something about making memes that brainlets won't understand

cause the dead end brainlet jobs you could get without calculus will get automated in about 10 seconds by robots made by people who know calculus

>9gag watermark
get the fuck out

To be honest calculus is bullshit. I hate studying it and it's fucking awful. It's also completely useless unless you specifically enjoy jerking off in calculus land but pretentious math majors pretend otherwise

I'm a math major and the only thing I enjoy is algebra and drawing pretty pictures

>yfw you need to solve an equation for x to get the price of a product in the store

Algebra brainlets are the worst

I'm going to blow your mind here and tell you than around 95% of people in the world get through life just fine with zero knowledge of calculus

eeeeeek WRONG!

Calculus is worthless. There is nothing specific to it that couldnt be taught by any other more useful, more specific field in under 10 minutes.

Calculus exists for no good reason. It's communist garbage invented by assholes trying to damage the american education system.

Find the area under a curve without it, asshole

find my dick inside you're mom's pussy, homo

>yfw someone tells you: "what the fuk you need combinatorics anyway? you won't need it when doing frontend work.

and you don't

Man combinatorics and probability is so annoying I just can't do it.

Define the curve and it can probably be done with algebra

lmao LOVE feynman

>yfw someone tells you: "young man everything you study are just theories on paper, you need experience like me to understand how things really work in this world"

More like 99.999%

Most of calculus is algebra though. If you're good at algebra calculus is a cake walk. In fact most math boils down to only arithmetic and algebra. Functions, courtesan plan, nominals, quadratic, ration expressions, radicals, imaginary. Algebra is the foundation of calculus

Wrong. Algebra is about the algebraic properties of [math] \mathbb{R} [/math] and [math] \mathbb{R} [/math] derived objects. Calculus is about the analytic properties of [math] \mathbb{R} [/math] and [math] \mathbb{R} [/math] derived objects.

If you mean that to solve problems you need to combine calculus with algebra then you are correct, but then you could also say "Most of calculus is counting. If you're good at counting, calculus is a cake walk" which means nothing.

Except in most if not all fields.. This is 100% true.

>The rate of consumption divided by your income

Why is anti-intellectualism getting more and more popular in America?

its a sign of a falling nation.

Because media associates strength with being emotionless, and that often spills over into apathy. Once the strength-apathy connection is made, it suddenly becomes cool to "not care" about things that are important.

White people have had it too good for too long. Their race is degrading slowly but surely. Eventually, we must make the decision to cut them out. Forcefully take away any position of power from white people and immediately replace them with people of color if we wish to save this nation.

Do it too soon and the political chaos may cause anarchy. Do it too late and the effects will be catastrophic. I just hope whoever is in charge of executing this change is a very wise man.

Because the people are getting dumber

9/10 "should have taken a left turn at Albuquerque" was a natsec meme from yesteryear

>he thinks algebra is only concerned with reals

That's not true at all, we just have more average people in many positions that were taken by previously by a small elite. Flyn effect.

>He thinks this thread is not about elementary math
Oh damn, yeah. You got me. I forgot back when we studied elliptic curves in 5th grade lol I forgot!

>anti-intellectualism doesn't exist in blacks
Blacks literally have a crab mentality.

at least we agree whoever is in charge needs to be a wise man, not a woman

If you don't want to go into STEM or Economics they're pretty much right, you don't need advanced math for anything outside those fields.

>not wanting to go into STEM/Econ
>wanting the automatons to take your jibberyjob

Use the paper trick

>wanting the automatons to take your jibberyjob
Been hearing this since 2010. Any day now. Annnny day now....

Currently happening with factory jobs and certain desk jobs, soon with transportation

>do I fit in now

I independently invented calculus when I needed it.

>courtesan plan

People that say they'll never use [mathematical concept] in real life are right because they're the kind of people that don't amount to anything scientifically speaking.

>but its still funny, so who cares

>what is iq gap
you dumb shit

dirac delta distribution

Calculus is fun ;-;

>define the curve
>Dirac delta distribution

>curve
>distribution

>what is money optimization

Jokes on you, I can use Tai's Model of area aproximation.

not something anyone does when grocery shopping

There are too many autistic people in this planet, you can bet your ass many do that.

t. the only guy who does that

I wish, I'm bad at calculus. I'm a CS major.

t. never worked as a cashier
yeah they fuckin do
some people have so many loyalty points shit's cray

>most math boils down to only arithmetic and algebra
at least you made me chuckle