Fml

ahoy u scallywags! baton down the hatches and lets get dickered and pretend to cook m80! ARRRrrrr

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along, bake-along, drink-along, pickle-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread

last thread >shiver me timbers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eAW3y5l6Dm4
imgur.com/a/HQdN6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

going to straighten muh kitchen brb

Here's that bread pudding that I made with old bread I made. People were saying it wasn't sweet enough, but I found it to be enough. Also, made a vanilla sauce that was really sweet and made up for the seemingly lack of in the bread pudding. Wasn't sure how long I would heat it up to thicken without scrambling the egg in it. First try doing this, so we'll see how it goes next time.

Forgot pic.

Some bread I tried that wasn't no-knead for once. Need a lame for scoring. Brushed with olive oil to make seeds stick. Very heavy bread, no crumb shot. Family really liked it.

Sorry. I'm retarded.

Patti what are you doing with that lime you're a kitter you don't want that put that down

Yukon gold slices on bottom, then frozen turkey burger (ground beef went bad), onions on top/bottom of burger, carrots around, pat of butter with some garlic.

Drizzled olive oil, salt/pepper, and montreal steak seasoning.

Wrap in foil and hour at 375 degrees.

After. It had lots of drippings and meat was tender.

Also made dinner rolls. Meant to use semolina on bottom but grabbed corn meal by accident. Little sweetness on rolls was a pleasant surprise. Good dipped in the drippings or with butter.

Last one. Simple but time consuming. Pain in the ass to dredge in corn starch but it came out so crunchy that I wanted to share. Marinated in garlic/ginger/soy sauce. Tried to make glaze out of the leftover but it came out fine in everything but taste. Used bottle Tso sauce instead.

was that vacuum sealer thing worth buying op?

looks good m8, i used to work at a diner and the bread pudding was dank, theyd serve it warm and drissle some kind of warm butter sauce on top, was straight beetus, ive lost 100 lbs since i quit that job

lol shes obviously very athletic

ive never had tofu but id try this with some dippin sauce

this would be a good hobo pouch for camping

100% m8, it has helped me become way more efficient with grocery shopping and I rarely waste meat anymore, just gotta be on point with the bag rolls cuz they arent cheap, during the hurricane I vac sealed my phone when i needed to go outside

some ghetto breakfast tacos i mad last night cuz i was tired

made some super cute mini-boules as an experiment today using a poolish i mixed up last night. turned out really well! cooked up a nice light quinoa kale white bean soup with lemon and ginger to have along with the bread.

looks good, did you pan fry them after dredging?

ok gonna shank this tater up and put some oil and salt on it and pop it in the oven

fried shramp platter is the plan, gonna clean and butterfly these

>still got that damn dirty poo-paws animal on the counter
100%disgusting.jpg

makin shrimp dippers

R U S T I C
U
S
T
I
C

would eat m8

youtu.be/eAW3y5l6Dm4

I deep fry food for a living so I'm pretty over it, but goddamn would I smash some of those shrimp

fag

someone's making a big boy po boy

naw i should do that tho

I want to visit and have you cook for me while I pet your cat.

this looks good

Fuuuuuck man, that is some nice looking bread.

Back again from not posting for... quite a while. A month almost? Not since my rabbit dish anyway. Nothing too exciting to show right now, work was crazy the past few weeks, but I did do a bit of stuff, including these toasted barley yoghurt gnocchi- take barley flour, dry-roast it in the oven until it's a little toasted, and make gnocchi out of it using homemade greek yoghurt hung for 4 days, egg yolk, and beaufort d'alpage cheese. Finished these off with some charred cherry tomatoes, confit fennel, and caramelized shallots.

I've also got two bigger project dishes in the works that I should be able to post in the coming week- one using lamb loin and lamb neck from a local farm, the other using one of the absolute treasures of this end-of-summer season: lobster mushrooms. Probably pairing the latter with lightly salt-cured peaches, summer squash, and a few other odds and ends.

Yeah it was pan-fried. Had to keep flipping em.

Hobo dinner is what I got from a boy scout/camping video. Should really try tofu, it's cheap with a long shelf-life. You always making tacos, never really had any before.

Saw your post in the yeast water flour salt thread. That book worth buying? Looks like good bread.

Nice shramp. Gotta try brussel sprouts sometimes. You seem addicted.

These sound really interesting.

id make a giant grilled cheese

I hate those things so much lol.

Sry y'all but my router broke so posting is a bit annoying right now

Please accept this rare brushy brushy Patti, my 'pologies

hi op i love your threads and i like your cats

thanks

It's not cooking but today was my first try in years to make my own bread. Nothing complicated, just a small loaf of white bread.
Pretty happy with the results, will do that more often.
>also tips from the baking gods posting here are welcome

and the crumb shot...

Made this for a qt the other day. She seemed to like it. Thoughts?

The products and combo looks pretty good, but the presentation deserves some attention.
You turned A grade ingredients into a hobo dinner looking plate.

I'd eat it lad. Recipe? Did you smash?

imagine the cheeto dust on this guys fingers

looks pretty dense

Here's an oc of the cheese I made the other day. Any other professional food makers here? What do you like/dislike about working Veeky Forums related jobs?

yeah, but the taste was actually pretty good.
I will try it again tomorrow and apply what I learned today...
>knead it longer
>let it rest for at least 60min instead of just 45min

Made some pizza.

6 oz water
1.5 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp olive oil

No-knead, proof 1.5 hours, cooked at 450 for around 10 minutes.

But the one in the pie dish stuck. I only put semolina flour to coat it. Worked the pizza pan but not the pie pan. I salvaged what I could.

This is actually the bottom of the failure one. Came out darker, probably because metal is thinner. Throwing out the pan, should buy a new one anyways.

Cute loaf, user. Weird cutting board though.

Gonna try making gnocchi soon, but no where near as complex as yours.

Looks like cauliflower.

They still look pretty good. would eat.
Reminds me that I have to buy a new pizza pan or stone.

Thanks buddy.
Oh well the board is a typical swiss/german bread cutting board.

I'll get a stone eventually. I don't even have a rolling pin.

It's a weird cutting board to me. Looks like it doubles as a cooling rack or would drain a roast really well.

I loved mine but cracked it after 3 years. Would put it as a 100% worth it investment if you love to make your own Pizza.

>Looks like it doubles as a cooling rack or would drain a roast really well.

It does work as a cooling rack, but the design comes from a time of need where every last bread crump that flew off while cutting bread was worth collecting to reuse.

I tried to make it look fancy. Im not very good at plating. I don't think it's hobo tier though, that's just ridiculous.

Gnocchi are super easy and weirdly impressive to people for some reason. Like, they're easy enough that I've literally never used a recipe to make them.

For potato gnocchi, peel some russet potatoes and boil until quite tender, then strain and return to the empty pot for a minute or two to steam dry. Then either very finely mash or, ideally, run through a food mill. Mix in a few egg yolks, some parmesan, and then gradually add enough flour that it holds together as a soft dough, trying to work it as little as possible. Roll into logs, cut into individual gnocchi, and roll down the back of a fork to get the grooves.

For ricotta type gnocchi, like mine are, hang some ricotta (or thick yoghurt, in my case) in cheesecloth in the fridge at least overnight. Mix in a couple egg yolks, whatever flavoring, and then gradually add in flour, again trying to work it as little as possible, until you get a soft but workable dough.

That egg is almost completely round, totes normal

Making some tendies, I'm phone posting pls shame me

Hey OP, love your stuff as always. Last thread I asked about thick tortilla chips that I like to get from a restaurant because I noticed you were frying your own. Turns out, they're just fucking flour tortillas. I deep fry them for about 1.5 to 2 minutes at 350F and flip halfway. You should give them a try, incredibly different from the corn tortillas.

I made a large batch and ended up having a lot leftover. They reheat in the oven extremely well and maintain dat thicc crisp. I can't believe I've been sticking to corn tortilla chips all my life for nachos.

Tada!

What are the sauces to the left of the plate? Hot sauce and ranch, syrup and butter?

Your cat is a zen master

those look so sad. why would you wrap it all together? burgers should be browned and crispy

It doesn't have to look nice. It's literally called hobo's dinner. Meat was tender and flavorful. They're originally wrapped in foil to be put under the coals of a campfire. I just recreated the effect in the oven. Foil traps moisture in. Not going to sear them before cooking.

Had a few friends over and made some Burgers. Worth it and I have more pics but don't want to shit up the thread with another burger.

Well done lad. Also what's the black sauce?

:)

one is buttermilk ranch with franks in it, other is dark maple syrup

that looks really good m8, its just maple syrup

rest of the pics here including making my own buns and a crumb shot for the baking bros.
imgur.com/a/HQdN6

Thanks. Oh well my baking skills still need some work otherwise I'm happy with the result.
>its just maple syrup
Why do things have to be so simple and fitting? I fully expected some secret special sauce lol.

I want cats in my life right meow

10/10 proportions

:3 omg so cute thank u

I hope that's an unused toilet brush.

i like your cat. please keep taking photos.

looks like shit bacon tho. great cook using poor ingredients, sad!

I'm making cucumber soup.

Turned out mediocre desu but still edible. Looks crappy on the pics though, so not gonna post it.

Making stir fry

Got the garlic and ginger chopped

Veggies are next

Veggies chopped, time for chicken prep

Rice is going

The man is preparing the chicken, I'm doing the sauce

Sauce is chicken broth with soysause and crushed red pepper
Chicken is cubed
Time to cook

Forgot the picture

Pulling out the flavors

The chicken is in

Pulled some sauce out and added cornstarch for when we thicken latter

I need to invest in a wok

Veggies in

Rice is done and stirred
Letting it steam off

Pan one is thickned, 2nd one is almost there

Forgot the picture again

Turned out great and we have food for the week

overnight refrigerator proof next time

That chicken looks good. What do you do with the oil? Just leave it in the pot?

That's alotta food.

No crumb will be wasted for this one. Brot ist mein liebling Essen. Sorry if my German is shit.

>soggy burgers
>cooking all the bacteria from the turkey into the vegetables

I bought a country pan for the same reason. It's a bit of a mix between a wok and a skillet. It works a bit better on a non-gas stove than a wok, but it offers some more space to work with.

kek, I didn't aim for that but hey thats cool.

I'm from Switzerland and that's the bacon I can get. It tastes good so who cares.

nice loaf. I will try my baking luck again tomorrow.

i did a thing

some leftoevers