Wagecu/ck/

Do you like your job, Veeky Forums? What do you do? What would you rather be doing and what steps are you taking to get there?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longhouse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CNC machining, don't really like it but pays well and work is close to home.

Would like to move to a small country town and work in a winery or brewery. I'm not doing anything about it, I'm stuck in a comfortable rut.

I'm currently a security guard and my job is to sit on my ads and do nothing. I used to work in machine shops, plumbing, and hang drywall. I once double dipped as a pizza delivery guy and a network engineer.

IT was my dream job and I'm so mad I got played off (twice!). So now I play vidya, sit on my ass, and wait to hear back from my resume spam about more IT work.

Fellow securitybro. I feel you man, I play vidya, watch movies and try to write before inevitably realising I hate everything I do.
I'd love to open my own burger joint and every time I cook for my friends they keep telling me I should quit and start taking steps towards it but I'm too aware of the failure rate for restaurants and I don't think I'd have the dedication to stick with it and face the inevitable criticism of my food.

Security is where dreamers go to fade away.

I wrangle babies.
I hate it.
I want to grow weed for a living.
Business plan is 75% complete.
Meeting with my friend The Accountant and his wife The Office Manager this weekend to discuss it. See exactly what I need to do and what I need to revise and what i need to prepare a prospectus for the investors.

If all goes well, I'll have my green card (Marijuana handler's permit) and cultivation & extract licenses withing 6 months and be actually growing weed the day after that.

worth it just so you can tell people
>I used to work with babies, now I grow weed

I work on a boat on the ocean. It's pretty comfy, work two weeks at a time and then go hone for two weeks.
It does suck being away for stretches, missing events and people. Hard to argue with the time off and money. I have a kid on the way, I'd like to be able to transition to something on shore, but taking a ~$50k pay cut is a tough pill to swallow.
I'm pretty handy in a woodshop, I want to start making pieces to sell in my off time. In a dream world, I'd build a few custom boats a year and sell them for rich-folk money.

Boatfag again
>I hate everything I write
>Everyone loves my baking
>Tfw to inteligent to open a bakery

Pretty sure you and I are cut from the same cloth, securitybro

w-we're gonna make it though, right

No being a chef/cook whatever you wanna call it is fucking hell.

It's pretty much a requirement to have a drug and/or alcohol problem to be a kitchen worker.

I work for the government. It's shit pay and long house. Just doing it for experience though. Then I'm going to movetotr private sector and try to make a lot of money. I spend like 100-150$ a week on food. Kinda a lot but working plus limited time and living In a city doesn't leave much for cooking

>be me
>first day was yesterday
>someone asks me for a lighter
>have one
>"Do you smoke?"
>no
>"You're a fucking weirdo"

i love this place tbqh

>long house
What did xhe mean by this?

Quality assurance inspector at a food manufacturing plant. Neither love it nor hate it. Pay's okay and it's easy money most of the time, so I'm not looking for anything else. Would love to move to farmhouse in the country and grow delicious heirloom fruits and vegetables, but there are no jobs out in the country. Renting and saving up for a very early retirement so I can move out of this shithole of a city

I quit my job as it was just too hard with the bullying and harassment (gender transitioning).
Currently living on savings and government benefits until my case goes to court.

Hours* sorry my mistake friendo

You sound like a fag

You prolly should have jumped ship before it got bad and avoided the court headache. It's things like this that make it look like you're suing just to get money.

Music producer and musician. Liked it a lot more 10-15 years ago when I was younger and got to work with some famous people, and thus made good money. Now I'm just coasting on the reputation of the guy who did that stuff. The work I still do is good, mainly producing privately funded vanity records for reasonably talented people. My peers still respect me, and the per hour pay rate is great. But rounding up enough billable hours to make it easily from month to month is a challenge, and the royalty checks from working with big name people are getting smaller and smaller each quarter.

tl;dr Love my job, hard to keep it profitable.

Move to Memphis. You'd be surprised at the music scene down here. Not even kidding.

Dishwasher, wouldn't recommend it.

Thought about that, but couldn't make anything near my hourly rate there. Though I love that groove. Actually met Steve Cropper once, and he's a hero of mine. Thought about LA, too, as many of my friends have moved there. Truth is it's just hard to tear my ass out of NYC, expensive as it is.

What kind of boat? I almost took a job fishing and processing cod on the Bering Sea and have come to regret turning it down.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longhouse

Agreed, fuck that shit. Our chemical sanitizer dispenser was fucked up and I ended up getting chemical burns on my arms so bad that I couldn't sleep at night.

Totally.

I've done a LOT of different things. All of them either sucked the sweat from a dead man's taint or just didn't work out.

>be me
>work at two-in-one restaurant
>pretty much everyone smokes
>bar tender asks me for a lighter, he forgot his
>"I don't smoke"
>later he offers me a free drink, all employees get a free drink after closing
>"I don't drink"
>"Man you don't smoke or drink, what the fuck do you need money for?"

Also, in answer to OP's questions. I work prep/salad and stocking at a two-in-one restaurant. It's okay, much more labor intensive than my last job (super market cashier). The pay is a little better and I get tips, free food and drink. I knew absolutely nothing about kitchens before starting, worked my way up from dish by being one of the three semi-competent people employed by the restaurant. Chef has been teaching me basic cooking stuff when it's slow, like sauteing and grilling and whatnot, it's fun but I don't know if I would want to do it as a job. Mostly I like the interesting people I get to work with. It takes a special kind of crazy to work in the restaurant business, so you meet some real characters.

Don't know what I want to do for a career yet. I'm thinking of trade school, but i'm worried i'll hate working a trade. A small part of me wants to throw caution to the wind and pursue a career in animation or illustration, since i'm decent at drawing.

jack of all trades, master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one