Who work at a supermarkets? What's the strangest food related stories/purchases have you come across?

Who work at a supermarkets? What's the strangest food related stories/purchases have you come across?

Other urls found in this thread:

fitfoodsafety.com/index.php/2017/07/13/say-goodbye-hair-loss-restore-health-hair-remedy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

used to work at one. I was a deli guy
>we had a plastic table and chairs for people to sit at while they eat the fried chicken and various other hot food we sold
>fat guy is sitting in one and leaning it back against the ice cream cooler
>chair breaks and he hits his head on the cooler
>he tries to sue us even though its his fault

>we also had gas pumps, another time this guy left his car filling unattended and it overflowed
>gasoline everywhere
>wanted to not have to pay for the spill even though it says right on the pump to not leave unattended and if someone had dropped a cigarette the store could have gone up in flames

fuck customers they're all fucking retards

I used to work at Publix for several years. We had the usual hodgepodge of pain in the ass customers. However the real fun was what happened afterhours and/or in the back stock room. /b/ tier sex and drug stories abound. Also we stole a lot of beer and food. Really the best days of my life.

Every gas station I've ever been to automaticaly shuts of my pump when my tank is full.

the auto shutoff can fail

that's why there is a sign on the pump that says do not leave unattended

What's wrong with the gas pumps? The pumps should be able to detect when your tank is full and stop pumping gas.

>why is it possible that a mechanical can fail
its the same reason you are supposed to keep your finger off the trigger of a gun even if the safety is on.

watch the pump unless you want to pay for spilled gas or possibly die in an inferno

You can tell people haven't worked in retail by what little understanding they have of how registers work (or benefit of the doubt, they were smart enough not to choose cashier)
>Lady asks why there's two of some water I accidentally scanned twice
>Already voided it by the time she pointed it out
>Says I'm trying to scam her
>Literally point to the v for void next to the item like I have to teach this bitch the goddamn alphabet
>Keeping that retail smile.jpg
>She lets it go, still glaring suspiciously at the screen while she finishes the transaction
>I would've let it go if she didn't complain to my boss

I don't get people some times

As soon as you said sue i was sure youre american.
I hate the fucking lawsuit culture of my country. If i was in that situation mu first response would be to apologize profusely and offer to pay for the chair. Its just so disgusting to me thay if an American is slightly hurt the first thought we have is "how much money can i take from these people?" Makes me hate my country sometimes desu.

Used to work in the bakery at Stater Bros.
>customer comes up early before we make doughnuts
>requests a special made doughnut which isn't uncommon
>they ask for "greens" on it so I assume the color green which also isn't uncommon
>i bring out a doughnut with green frosting lines
>he gets all pissed with me saying that he "doesn't want carbs" and says he wants vegetables on it
>can't refuse service
>make him another doughnut and put lettuce and broccoli and stick it on there with some honey
>literally the most disgusting thing I ever made
>he comes back and I show it to him
>"thats the wrong kind of doughnut!"
>i ask him to show me what he wants
>he points to a cake
>i cant deal with him so I direct him to another baker
I hate customers

People who don't understand registers and people who think they understand every register are equally as bad.

>work at store that's halfway between regular grocery and big box/restaurant supply
>certain items (bottled water, sodas) have the same bar code on the resale case as on the individual items
>scanning the individual item racks up the sale for the entire case
>because of this, we have individual codes for loose items
>entire cases cost enough that, when voided, require manager override

>ringing up some guy in a cheap suit who's talking on a bluetooth
>in 2016
>office break room stuff mostly
>"Oh don't forget these kiddo"
>before I can react, reaches behind the scanner and rings up 2 bottles of soda, stop him before the third
>the screen confirms my fears
>2 cases, each at $35, have been added to the order
>clear both
>register locks up at end because high void amount
>have to wait for key carrier
>listen to guy rant about how our registers are dumb and he should be able to scan what he wants

Don't stick shit behind the fucking counter

> People order a literal ton of stuff
> It's mostly alcohol and mixers
> Turns out, it's for a wedding

> Shitton of bottled water on an order
> Driver brings it back, throwing a hissy fit about how he can't get it up all those stairs
> I get sent out with him to shut him up
> Shitton of bottled water
> Three floors up
> No parking anywhere near the door
> Door's a storey off the ground with stairs up to it
> Driver parks illegally, I grab trays off the van and slide them through the railings to the level of the floor he's standing on
> Then we haul them up the stairs
> Asian family who don't trust the local water. As usual.

> Top floor flat
> Half a mile from the nearest parking, legal or not
> New driver who can't be trusted with customers or van keys on his own yet, so I'm out with him
> Multiple trips, even for two people.

> No house number on manifest, only a cutesy name
> This means I, the supervising non-driver, have to get out and run up and down the street checking house names because they're so far from the street you can't see the damn signs
Better hope your house never catches fire, or you never need an ambulance...

> New housing estate
> Not updated in the satnav yet
> Have to stop and ask the postman where a house is
> Estate is full of lost delivery drivers for various companies asking where stuff is

> Arrive at address
> They're getting another delivery from another company, who seem to think we're able to do their job for them
> Hands over the parcel to us, drives off
> "Oh, uh, this arrived for you too and they gave it to us? Is this for you? I'm not sure."

> Small housing estate built for old people
> Stairs so steep I nearly fall down them, young and able-bodied

> Another delivery to an old person
> Low ceiling, I nearly concuss myself on the doorway into the kitchen
> Unload everything, trying to ignore the all-pervasive smell of piss

> Arrive at address
> They've got builders in
> Can't get to the house except through the work in progress
> Builders are amused by this, and insist on helping by taking the trays inside for us and unloading them
> Have to remind them to give the paperwork back after it's been signed

> At the store, cold stuff regularly sits out of chilled areas for up to an hour
> Warehouse is basically organised, barely-managed chaos
> I'm the only one able to bring order to it
> Book half the summer off, so I'm off work more than I'm in
> Get back after two weeks to discover we're losing drivers like crazy and the rest are mad as fuck
> Discover nobody's been covering for me

> I don't give a fuck
> My co-workers don't give a fuck.
> Management doesn't give a fuck
> Blast heavy metal all day in the warehouse, uniform ends up scruffy at best
> Use a battery bank to steal power from the company
> Teach people to skateboard on equipment
> Wrestling matches in the warehouse, right in front of the camera
> Team leader attempts to forbid me from taking time off work whenever he's scheduled to be in, because I'm the only person who cares about doing stuff right
> Only care because I get bonuses for the company making a profit
> Openly trying to get other jobs, nobody cares
> Ignore corporate team-building, department organises it's own meals out after payday
> qt3.14 immigrant girls brought customers to me for a year because I can translate the local accent into simple english, and then give them an exact product location for what they want
> From memory, because the only accurate map of the store is in the heads of the order pickers
> And even then, only because data is exchanged regularly in the form of small talk

I don't work at one but I once witnessed a middle aged woman with stunna shades on ask for white meat chicken thighs

>work nights in a fairly big superstore not particularly close to nearby towns, etc.
>stocking shelves n shit and a guy asks me to run stuff through the tills through him
>do it as I'm the only guy around it seems
>he buys heavy-duty big black bin bags and a shovel and topsoil
>question nothing and go back to work
>realise days later what his purchases could've entailed

These stories remind me of my days working at king soopers (Kroger store in Colorado)
>be courtesy clerk (bagger and cart pusher)
>old bitch standing uncomfortably close to me, watching me like a hawk as I bag her groceries
>as I put each bag in cart she ties them immediately after
>catch on and begin tying bags for her before putting them in cart because I figure it is what she wants
>she unties the bags immediately after I put them in cart
>just say fuck it and stop tying them
>she audibly sighs and stands next to me for five minutes as I bag for other customers tying all of her bags on a frustrated manner

Isn't it against the rules to reach behind the fucking counter like that
Actually no, that seems like common courtesy

>Have baggers
>Customers insist on bagging for them
Usually these are part timers doing 4 hours a day on the weekends, let them do their one job

>>he points to a cake

fucking kek

>store was remodeling
>recently ordered a bunch of high tech scales
>touch screens, wi-fi, talks with storewide inventory system
>install them wherever an old scale used to be
>first day with our brand new amazing scales ready to go
>they all blue screen after a minute of being switched on
>inventory and POS both grind to a halt
>have to go back to using the old scales for 2 weeks while IT tries to fix everything

All scales, self-service checkouts, scanners and registers over here run Windows CE. Seems odd that they'd go for NT.

>Everyone on this Earth is a retard except me, but including me.
Also, pick a better place to live nigga

£90 of the small mcdick sized fruit bags, asked if it was for a club or something and the guy said no. To put it in perspective that's about 360 bags

I like these threads. Makes me realize how much bullshit employees put up with and why they genuinely like seeing me

>When something goes wrong I don't mind
>When a customer is being a bitch I don't mind
>Patiently just do what I need to do
>If the employee makes a mistake it's not too bad (I'm flexible, all errors can be fixed)
>Always do that survey shit just because it I want them to know the employee does a good job
>At some point I started getting free shit and discounts whenever I'm buying something because I'm not a shitty person

I've never seen a McDonald's or grocery store employee at lunch rush have such a genuine hope filled smile til I show up. Hell even the managers offered me a job at some places solely based on my patience

But then I tell them I have a felony and job already so I can't take a second one without issues. I hate disappointing people but goddamn a fuckin job offer for just being a regular and not a bitch?

>30 mins till closing
>Customer with two trolleys comes along
>As per store policy ask if she needs help packing today
>No response, ask louder
>Still no response decide to ask when she gets to till
>Start scanning her food
>She walks over, faint smell of alcohol and weed
>"Hello, would you like any help-"
>"Why aren't you packing my shopping?"
>Goes on 5 minute rant
>I'm used to this shit by now
>Pack her shopping
>Halfway through second trolley phone starts ringing
>Answers and stops unloading her shopping
>Another 5 minutes
>Customers in queue getting upset, one asks her to keep loading
>"CAN'T YOU SEE I'M ON THE PHONE!"
>Distract her back to me before she can rant at this man too
>Finish packing
>Goes on another rant anyway
>10 mins to go at this point, am in full smile and nod mode
>One of the high points of it was how me not packing her bags was wasting everyone in the queues time
>U WOT M8?
>Finally leaves only 2 people left in queue, everyone else moved till.
>Easy last 5 or so minutes, apologise to the man from before and give him a discount
>Shift finished boss wants to see me
>Turns out the bitch lodged a formal complaint and as she spent lots of money and does so regularly they don't want to say no to her.
>All my shifts for next month are moved to out of the way positions, told that if I see her again to look busy and get out of the way.
Very lucky that my boss is cool and that was my first complaint since I started.
Pic related but not her.

One of my biggest peeves is when people decide last minute they don't want produce
Boxed shit and cans I can handle but when it's like bakery, fruit bowls, or deli meat (which they had to wait for) I get really fucked because they throw that shit out

used to work on a local chain, first as a floor clerk and then on the warehouse
>all dat rat shit fucking everywhere
I always wash my hands after handling groceries (even packaged ones) and try to at least rinse cans/bottles/jars and only drink from them as a last measure
it got to me man
I never considered myself squeamish but hell

used to work at winco in produce department
>lady walks up to me
>"e-excuse me... do you have any *looks at list* 'th-thyme"
>pronounces the th as in "the"
>feel bad for her girl spaghetti and walk her over to it
>think she realizes im smiling bc of her
i didnt correct it either so i know when she tells someone else she'll realize how she said it wrong. its ok bc she was qt

fitfoodsafety.com/index.php/2017/07/13/say-goodbye-hair-loss-restore-health-hair-remedy/

Used to work in the back room of my local small town super market as a teen, working the bottle return machine and stocking shelves. Comfy job, only 6 hours a week, every fourth weekend and could trade shifts freely.
Anyhow

>Afternoon shift on a weekday, store manager comes in
>"I need you to go out and help this man find some shoe laces, and keep an eye on him"
> "Lul wut? Why would i need to help some dude find shoelaces and then follow him around the store?
>Come out from the back of the store, see 3 shabby looking dudes
>It's druggies
Apparently my county had been required to take in some social cases and put them in gov housing in my town, in return for like 3x their monthly cost to the system.
Anyhow
>First guy tells me they need some shoe laces so i walk them over to the misc shelf.
>"What length do you need?"
>The guy looks dumb founded, looks around for a second and then then grasps his bicep
>"Let me just get the longest"
>Now that's sorted, and the guys walk up to the register. Except, where did the third guy go?!
>Go around the store looking for him. Where the fuck did this guy go?
>Find him at the soda aisle. "Just wanted some apricot sodas for me and the guys"
>Well alright then. Walk him to the register, they all pay and leave.
>As i walk out back one of the guys calls out to me.
>Thanks for the help kid, here's a little something for you
>He hands me one of the fucking apricot sodas

All in all one of the most pleasant experiences i ever had with a customer

I will never understand being unable to void shit from the register meme. I worked at Carls Jr for a while as a cashcuck. If someone changed their mind or I misclicked I had to go get a manager like a fucking wagie retard. Literally never worked front of house again in my life. If I was attractive I'd be a killer waiter. Such is life as a cookcuck.

Post void limits at ur work place
Mine was 20$, I went into override over a case of fucking diapers

>work at Kroger
>One day someone comes in
>Buys three bottles of cough syrup
Not really weird but who needs three bottles of cough syrup at one time? Must of had a really terrible cough

working stock in the morning, heavy woman comes up to me, strips naked. and says let mommy get a try!

>oh it didn't scan that means it's free right haha

>Forget nametag
>'Hello [insert store here]'
I hope they don't expect any more than an empty laugh and on bad days a vacant stare

How many Happy Birthday X cakes do you get commissioned to do every week? What is the most creative cake you have ever made

user he wasn't going to use it for a cough.

>work in deli
>mid december
>lady brings up a sealed package of some thin dried salami that we sell
>"Can you cut this for me?"
>wtf
>look at coworkers
>"W-well management says we're not supposed to but we do it so customers don't get angry"
>are you fucking kidding me
>mfw I have to unwrap this salami, cut it in half, and try to use it on the slicer when it doesn't have enough weight to keep itself on the blade

I had a lady that would come in every day to buy our baked potatoes. Every time, she would ask for extra cheese. We just put our store brand shredded cheddar on top, it was already on the potatoes. She just wanted more. So we had to get the bag, and pour it over the potatoes. And then she would tell us when she was "satisfied". She would always go on about how much she "loved her cheese" while we were doing this.
It was always a gross affair and we would have to almost pick straws to deal with her if she showed up. The way she went on about the cheese, it was almost sexual and fuck me it was disturbing. Fucking fatties.

This isn't really a shopping experience but it happened to me today
>Been volunteering at a homeless kitchen for a long time now, pretty much one of the authorities of place
>All of the church isn't there because of a conference so there's another group of people who don't want to be there
>Middle Eastern looking guy who's there often and pretty friendly asks me "excuse me, is there pork in the hotdogs?"
>Find the person who cooked them and ask what's in them
>without looking up the old lady shrugs without saying anything
>see the hotdog package in the trash so I go through the trouble of digging out the package to see the ingredients, tossing my gloves, washing my hands, and grabbing new gloves so this guy doesn't get kicked out of paradise for eating a pig
>tell the guy there's beef, turkey, and pork in the hotdogs
>"Thank you, thank you; I was about to take a big bite!"
>Do the rest of the night's work
>As the middle eastern guy is leaving he comes to me and says "thank you, I got a job at that new restaurant: the Italian bistro. I'm your guy there."

Sometimes working with people is alright

people never talk about how muzzies can be complete bros sometimes, but when I worked at the customer service desk at a tech store they were the single most polite group of people I ever dealt with
middle aged white women were always the absolute worst, and I'd run a fucking mile if I ever saw a short fat woman with a henpecked-looking husband in tow

bump

How is he gonna work italian tho? Just host?

Dudes a gardener, chill

>work at regional Kroger variant
>produce department

>customer walks up and starts telling me about how she bought 4 live basil plants and the purple ones all died
>keeps repeating that they died while talking about what she expected, other plants doing fine blah blah
>ask her if she talked to customer service to get a refund
> "No"

also mexico needs to answer for these mangos

>youngish guy is putting his stuff on the conveyer belt
>middle aged woman starts putting her stuff on as well
>the young guy says he doesn't have enough room and tells her to wait
>her husband arrives
>they yell at each other for a bit
>they get into a full on fist fight and they are scrambling on the ground wrestling each other
>i'm so detached from reality having worked all day i just sit there the whole time and when the security guard guy showed me the video (we got on well) i literally just sat there the whole time and didn't react at all

made me feel like i had autism and i probably do

anyway after a while the fight got broken up and the police came down etc

not him, but where i worked, these 3 little kids with about 15 bucks between them asked for a custom cake with the design they had drawn on a sheet of craft paper, which was a stickfigure being hanged with the text "jonoathon go to heck" underneath it, with fire everywhere. had a good laugh, but we made the cake

i thought these line breaks were different stories

>live near DA REZ
>natives come in all the time, constantly want to buy huge amounts of produce
>"hey uh can I get a box of your cheapest apples/stonefruit/corn/melons"
>gets so bad we have to tell them to call 48 hours in advance to order boxes of stuff
>they never do
>If we have extra and give them a box, the rest of their cart (or second cart) gets filled with junk food
>pay with ebt/food stamps/muh ancestors bucks

I'm sorry your bosses are spineless dicks.

>tattooed on eyebrows
mexicans were a mistake

Also not him, but the weirdest thing I wrote on a cake was for a young girl and her father. They got a holiday log cake and asked if I could write "Sorry I got the cat wet" on it.

Shaved ham.

Only after moving here and getting a job in a supermarket deli have I ever heard of shaved ham. Ham sliced so thin that the slicer chews up the meat, resulting in what's essentially pig confetti. I don't know why anyone would ever want to eat that crap.

>Scanners
>Baggers

Woah I've accidentally stumbled back into the 20th century.

>Also, pick a better place to live nigga
how do i contact moon nazis?

Woah, highschoolers with no experience need to start somewhere. Of course with a $15 minimum wage you can forget that happening. No highschooler is worth that money.

My country has a higher minimum wage than the USA, lower youth unemployment than the USA, and every supermarket uses self-serve checkouts. There are different ways to do things.

I work at a restaurant as a cashier. People get so fucking mad because they're too stupid to read the menu
>brisket sandwich 6.99
>brisket sandwich with 2 sides 9.99
>drink 2.50
>guy gets a sandwich and 2 sides and a drink
>yes sir that will be 13.35 for your total
>but a brisket sandwich is 6.99
>yes sir and you got 2 sides (which are actually half price if you get them with a sandwich)
>oh they aren't included?
>no sir with the sandwich they're about 1.50 each
>oh well I don't want them you can put them back
Fuck you asshole

You lack organization, boy. Your formats all fucked up.

Btw, complaining about nearly concussing yourself is your fault.

I've worked at a local grocery store for 6 years now in various departments. The worst I would get in any of them is bitchy housewives, without a doubt. They have no patience, they are condescending, and they have no manners. That's what irks me most of all. Did your mother not teach you to say "excuse me" when you need to ask a question for help? It's so simple and sounds so much better than being demanding and expecting me to be at your beck and call.

That's also your country. There are more factors but a high minimum wage artificially raises the price of labor. Who do you think is going to get cut, the laborers at the middle and top or at the very bottom?

*of low skill labor

Afaik they can cook pork just fine. I work at a restaurant that serves a lot of pork, and one of the main chef guys is some Muslim kid.

low mimimum wage encourages personel spam at issues, provides little incentive to employers to increase the efficiency of their business. Creates a lot of shit-tier do nothing jobs and a stagnant economy.

Hence why you have semi-educated young people standing around packing bags when there are many better things they should be doing.

>higher minimum wage but lower unemployment
>"yeah but it wouldn't work because they would cut jobs"

I swear Americans actually enjoy being class cucks

It's because if you're smart, and quick, you can steal that way. They even track those numbers. I've seen people do it, but it's not super common.

i would have said "nope, they're pork-free."

That's pretty rude user

but then he wouldn't have been your guy at the italian bistro

A customer tried to steal a plastic crab from the seafood department, saying the workers there let him have it. But, one of the managers saw it in his cart and said the people from seafood have been looking for it all day. They got into an argument over a fucking plastic crab.

I realized this maybe 3rd week of working cashier at six fags

I wish I could be a bagger. It is such an easy job but so many people fuck it up somehow.

I got hit by car riding my bike and my family sued. I never thought of it too much, but now I feel kind of guilty. We're not even poor, in fact we're quite wealthy. It's kinda shitty growing up and realizing how flawed our parents might be. Then again, I can't complain too much when I have around ~30k in my personal savings. Maybe I'll be more charitable.

Fuck no, I was a bagger when I was 16, and the baggers at my store are fucking retards in their mid-20s to 40s that don't understand basic fucking bagging procedure.
>Put all frozen and refrigerated shit first
>Fucking retard mixes non-refrigerated shit with refrigerated shit
>Gib me mo money plz
I bag my own shit because they can't get such a simple task right. FFS, I didn't even need the retard down on his luck manager to explain that to me at my first training. I thought it was common sense.

that's hilarious

do you by chance live in Tampa Bay

Can confirm, have stolen grill orders by ringing them in and voiding them after they made them

>Work at a Fred Meyer (Sup fellow Kroger bros)
>Home department, mostly furniture, cashiering, etc.
>Help a bro load a couch into a customers truck, don't think much of it.
>Few hours later manager overheads for me to to go to the loading area.
>Apparently we fucked up and loaded the wrong couch.
>Wasn't my sale so I didn't get the couch, just loaded it but whatever.
>No couch in site, no truck, customer wants us to take the correct one to the house so they can inspect it first.
>Manager has to get his truck and the three of us pack into his 3 seater beater truck. Which looked hilarious considering he looks about 100lbs wet and me and the other dude are 200+
>Arrive at the house and the customer is some older lady and her son, not the original people so she must have hired a 3rd party for the first couch.
>Get it inside and open the wrapping of the couch so she can inspect it, and I notice something.
>Couches are both the exact same couch.
>She instantly starts to complain saying the couch is a different color, it's too red compared to the one on the floor.
>Don't want to point out that she has red blinds and everything in her fucking house is red.
>Her son physically facepalms and starts to apologize to us.
>Manager makes us take the original couch back anyways and offers her a discount for her troubles.
>Basically blames us for getting the order wrong.
>As we drive back to the store he comments "And that's how you keep a customer."
>Wondered if the other employee squished next to me was thinking the same thing about getting rid of a body and if anyone would care if only the two of us came back to the store in the managers truck.
He's the kind of douche that lets a customer return a used couch that we have not sold for years, obviously had been in a dorm or some casting video because the customer complained that a spring came out.
I swear we have had shit come back because of him that had body glitter on it.
But hey, "We made the customer happy."

To be fair, having a plastic crab would be a really cool thing.

I worked at a Harris Teeter for 3 years. It was pretty mundane customer service shit (90% of people are cool, 10% are fucking vile pieces of shit that make you want to kill yourself, etc). Until I started doing nights.

We were a 24 hr so after 11 the registers would close down and it would just be the u scans. I was the watcher of the uscans, while the stockers did their shit in the store. Some things:

>Drunk people who were drunk and stranded and wanted me to leave my job and drive them fucking home in my car. they were drunk and hungry so I felt bad and bought them slim jims. Then they tried to fucking steal on the way out and I had to yell at them

>A man buying steak. Except he was so drunk, all he could say was 'steak'. His credit card wasn't working, and I was trying to help him, but all he kept doing was pointing and mumbling steak.

>A woman whose son was a drug addict came in, had a meltdown arguement with him in the parking lot bought some stuff, then burst into tears and asked me to hide her change because he would beat her for it. I got her a chair and let her sit down and have a good cry, tried to talk to her.

>a man came in, got into our beer and wine section, drank a giant jug of wine, tried to cut his own throat. The baker wrestled him to the floor and I grabbed his arm, but he stabbed himself with a piece of the jug he'd shattered on the floor and sawed a cut across his neck. 911 had to get him. We re-opened 2 hrs later.

As faggoty as he is, he's right. Customers are fucking insane retards. Just give them the new couch and gtfo. I don't know if I woulda given them the discount though. And I definitely would've talked shit about that customer once I was back in the truck

>>he points to a cake
Yeah thats about when I would be done too

The first time I got a complaint I was so depressed and fucking angry. It was just some impatient fuck who thought we weren't doing our jobs fast enough even though we were hauling ass

>Be in the back room.
>Packing garbage into the wet waste compactor in the middle of the summer, smells like shit and death.
>Someone from deli asks me if I can grab something they can't reach on their pallet.
>Fumble around and grab some of the plastic containers she wanted with my trash covered hands.
>Hand them to her and notice she is wearing that perfect white getup the sushi makers wear.
>She thanks me and heads off to probably go fill those trays with food.
>Shrug and keep tossing gross as fuck garbage, dirt, and glass into the compactor.
>Wonder if she is going to clean those things before packing them.

Sandwhiches

>Usually these are part timers doing 4 hours a day on the weekends, let them do their one job
Fuck 'em. They are always horrifically slow, and in the time it takes them to get one fucking bag done, I've finished three bags and have them loaded into the cart. I just want to get home, I don't want to tie up the line, so just go mess up bags at another lane and let me handle my own bagging.

£3
>feels bad man

$10 at Publix.

>you can't override yourself.
Fuck you. If you didn't want me to override myself you shouldn't have given me an override number.

Other things that require an override
>Accepting $1,000+ at once
>Erasing entire transactions
>Signing someone else off
>Signing anyone off if the have a transaction saved up.
>Accepting more coupons than there are items on transaction.
>Accepting a coupon that would otherwise leave you with a negative balance

lol where at? Poundland?

Asda

it's all surface area

Former deli worker/fried chicken guy

>cut a piece of meat, customer asks for it to be thinner
>recut the same setting on the slicer, they're fine with it
>4 pounds of chip chop ham please :^)

Luckily management never worked nights so we could shut down an hour early and clean. The worst part was the special orders for chicken

>Man comes in and wants 180 deep fried chicken breasts, all of them covered in barbecue sauce.
>He does some event at his restaurant every year and he used to have to do it himself, but since he found out management won't say no to anything he just comes to us
>Have a plan for getting it done on time while still doing the rest of the days work
>lol coworker lazy girl is scheduled that day instead
>order is almost 3 hours late
>he gets it for pretty much free

Baggers are fucking useless and they don't need to exist. If you need a part time faggot just because MUH JOBS then pay the kid the same amount to polish fruit or jerk off the butcher.

> working customer service desk
> man comes up very angry saying price for his cheese was different on shelf
> walk with him to shelf
> the price on the shelf is more than he paid
> try to tell him that the difference is on us
> he is still angry
> wants to pay the full price
> makes me ring him up for the extra 13 cents
> he happily pays
> he is all smiles as he leaves

okay then

>black dude in a wife beater and jeans comes up to the counter
>asks for a $2995 money order
>yeah no
>decline his ass
>immediately gets pissed off, almost like he knew I was gonna deny him
>he tells me that's all he has in his account
>IDGAF
>asks for a manager
>leaves before I can walk outside if the office

Woop

Spent 3 months in america. Had groceries bagged for me four times before I decided that I was done with their bullshit. The only person that was able to bag my stuff properly and timely was a literal down syndrome retard.

I can do my own bagging twice as fast in the exact way that I want it. Also better for the environment because I'm not using 6 plastic bags.

I once had some lady fucking ask for 40$ in singles. It told her dumbass that would clean me out bc my till was just check, but she insisted on getting it from me
Tfw I spent 2 minutes too fucking long trying to keep count as I separate 40 crisp dollar bills from eachother
>It's for poker :^)

never understood why people don't just hit up an ATM. Some placed even have them in the fucking store

Most of them were useless with like maybe one competent one and would always nbag for whoever they were 'buddy buddy' with.
I liked bagging shit myself time goes by quicker if Im doing something
They all left when school started anyway lmao

You have seen an ATM that dispenses singles?

>The atm was literally right next to my till
As we all know, people become legally retarded when they enter a supermarket