What are your thoughts on the Copenhagen interpretation?

What are your thoughts on the Copenhagen interpretation?

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1908/mec/five2.htm
youtu.be/8ORLN_KwAgs?t=1m50s
youtube.com/watch?v=LW6Mq352f0E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A best

What alternative interpretations are taken remotely seriously?

What actual research can you do to defend one interpretation over the other?

Literally none. They all have to give the same results in the end making it impossible to pick between them.

Bullshit.

>I don't know what interpretations are

>todays physics is pure magic and physicists have to interpret theories in their own way and argue which one is correct
literally the church

Bohmian mechanics is better.

You are not as smart as you think you are.

The cuckest quantum interpretation possible. Chads choose the many worlds hypothesis.

All non materialistic interpretations are shit.

Lenin BTFO'd these "scientists" a century ago.
marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1908/mec/five2.htm

Another proof that memorizing math equations without proper understanding of philosophy doesn't make you smart.

>(((quantum mechanics)))

Fuck you. QFT and QM are Instrumentalist garbage that are not the final theory and (((anyone))) who believes they are has given up the whole fundamental pursuit of science and everything elegant in the universe in order to pat themselves on the back for a lot of low-hanging fruit experimental confirmation and smuggies about how everyone was wrong about reality.
Fuck them, Einstein was right.

You must be be an academic considering you derived so much from so little

>complains about Jews in physics
>says Einstein is correct

I like it because it lets quacks jump to conclusions.

You earned a (You)

>Electro-weak unification
>Low hanging fruit
You earned it, brainlet.

>many worlds

worries why electron goes left or right
doesn't worry when universes pop up left and right

if this isn't religion, nothing is

>doesn't worry when universes pop up left and right

MWI doesn't "create" universes any more than a fish "creates" the water above, below and to the right of it when it makes a left turn.

It's just an aspect of the universe that all physical possibilities exist simultaneously, and we "swim" through it with our decisions and actions.

I like many worlds better because it straightens out the anthropic principle. It's almost too convenient.

amen, you're doing the Lord's work

>666

Piss off satan

Why are scientists so reluctant to admit that consciousness plays a part in collapsing the wave function?

because no lab test supports it

Double slit experiment

Scientist don't listen to brainlets like you, thank god.

>Experimental results clearly show the universe acts in different ways depending on whether observers can see where the particle went
>"M-muh abstracted mathematical model says it works like this, it must be right"
Theoretical physics is the worst thing that has happened to science. They've lost touch with reality. Mathematical models are supposed to describe what we achieve with experiment, not the other way around. And we clearly see the universe changes how it behaves based on whether conscious observers have certain knowledge or not.

youtu.be/8ORLN_KwAgs?t=1m50s

But there is reason to believe that. Scientists performed the double slit experiment with a detector active and recording the results. The experiment was performed blind with the screen hidden from all people so they couldn't know the pattern that formed. They then destroyed the tapes that had been used to record the data and unveiled the screen. The result was an interference pattern.

Conciousness has nothing to do with it you faggot. That's just what pop science documentaries claim because it sounds cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=LW6Mq352f0E

It has been experimentally verified that it is NOT the act of measuring that collapses the wave function, it is the act of knowing. Again, they did the experiment with the detector activated but with no tape recording the data. They got the interference pattern.

Newfag here

Regardless of the answer these experiments are just weird as fuck. They're getting deep down into the bowels of the universe but they're just weird shit. You'd think a cool experiment to study the nature of the universe would involve large obelisks and engineering constructions to test whether they work or something, but instead it's random ass little shit looking at how electrons move if you don't record them

As a brainlet I'm really leaning towards the "this is just a simulation and these physics experiments are simply allowing us to now observe computational optimizations in the implementation of the simulation" side of things. And I'm actually slightly worried that some day we might accidentally perform an experiment that corrupts the memory of the host process or some weird shit and destroys the universe

I still don't see how consciousness would have anything to do with this. Looking at the 3:30 mark, they got the interference pattern when photon detectors were in place and measuring but the data was not being recorded, whereas with data recording there's no interference pattern. It's the act of recording information about the photon that somehow collapses the wave function. Nothing to do with magical power of human consciousness.

Well it implies that the universe acts in such a way to deliberately obfuscate it's inner workings from anyone trying to figure it out. To the point where it will actually defy causality in do so, as shown in the delayed quantum eraser experiment.

The problem is there is a gap between the mathematical abstraction and what we've seen experimentally. There's people confusing the fact that the mathematical model can reliably predict experimental results to mean that ontologically that particles actually become waves of probability in reality, which is retarded. Just because you can model them as waves of probability and predict their behavior doesn't mean that's what they are. Likewise mathematically makes no distinction between observers which is what physicists happily use to justify their claim that consciousness doesn't play a role, but we know for a fact that the universe doesn't care about detectors observing them, it's the act of the data collection that changes the behavior of the particles. Meaning that the particles are changing their behavior based on whether it's possible for someone to know which slit they went through and not the detector itself interfering with them somehow.

I agree with your explanation. To me it's just annoying when the word "consciousness" is tossed around, as if there was something special about a human mind observing the measurement results versus a mindless device recording the data.

>Well it implies that the universe acts in such a way to deliberately obfuscate it's inner workings from anyone trying to figure it out. To the point where it will actually defy causality in do so, as shown in the delayed quantum eraser experiment.
Is this good evidence we are in a simulation, maybe even a malicious one trying to prevent the inhabitants from altering the results through knowledge of the parameters?

Not the guy you're talking to, but that's my personal view as I said above. The idea that it's a malicious simulation overlord though is unjustified - it could be to protect us from ourselves, knowing we will destroy any simulation that isn't heavily protected

All of this probability distribution stuff makes me think this is just a brute force of the parameter space of various universes, and once certain conditions are met the universe just pops out of existence because the simulation ends, if it doesn't branch elsewhere

And time would just be a continual branch

wtf retards, get the hell out of there with your pop-sci shit.
the original heisenberg's uncertainty principle was just a thought experiment and pure speculation.
how the hell can you ever measure a path of A SINGLE PHOTON? existence of photons itself is just a speculation.

if you ever want to know the truth, always start with the material side of the experiment and equipment, not the retarded pop-sci interpretation of these experiments.