Sandwich Creation Thread

This Sandwich does not look like much but it hit taste out of the park. You can't buy this type of taste. I had five day old pot roast and gravy. I added a bit of horseradish sauce because that shit is is fucking good. The bread looks generic, but it is locally baked and sliced. I added tomatoes, RED onion, avocado, salt/pepper, and love.

Better than any sandwich I could buy locally. With leftovers. YOU CAN COOK CK! Check out my feed on steemit. @roosterred

Post your own!

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/av/business-39896838/a-cheaper-tastier-way-to-eat-lunch-at-work
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Smoked clams. Pico de gallo. Tater tots. Red onion vinaigrette. Bacon. Sauce Americaine. And arugula dressed with limeade and heirloom tomato.

That sounds fucking bomb. I usually eat smoked fish on crackers, but I am sure that type of sandwich would be good.

It's very tasty

>jalapeño bologna
>colby jack
>mayo
>jalapeño chips
>white bread

Chips belong inside sandwiches, always

Wow thanks for the ideas guys. I can't believe I'm just now immersing myself into sandwich culture. Any tips/tricks before I jump right in?
bbc.com/news/av/business-39896838/a-cheaper-tastier-way-to-eat-lunch-at-work

I love putting potato chips inside sandwiches! Just don't be british and make the entire sandwich that. Lame.

Any recommendations on a sandwich press/maker?

Sorry, virgin to the sandwich scene here. You are talking about a grill thing for making toasted sandwiches yeah? Surely not like a press that just puts a sandwich together

yeah

>Shitty White Bread
>Mayo
>Bologna
>Ketchup
>Mustard
>American Cheese
>Nacho Cheese Doritos
It's better than you think.

>Make a huge tasty sandwich
>Take 1 bite
>Falls to pieces
HOW do i prevent this

The most basic (yet overlooked) principle is matching your bread to your ingredients. If there's soft stuff (cream cheese or lots of a different melted cheese, thinly sliced or soft cold cuts, an abundance of tomato, lots of spreads) inside the sandwich, your bread must also be soft, so that it can mold itself around your ingredients and contain them.
If there's firmer stuff inside the sandwich (well cooked bacon, crunchier vegetables, hardier meats like an italian sopressata or a hand sliced salami), your bread must also be firmer, so that when you bite or hold your sandwich, your bread isn't sliding all over the place as the ingredients stay put.

This isn't to say that you shouldn't, for example, toast a soft bread for a soft-inside sandwich, but you should be careful to allow the inside portion of the bread to remain most or all of its softness, so that the part in contact with the ingredients remains pliable. Likewise, it's important to note that a fully toasted crunchy on all sides piece of bread is completely useless for a closed-face sandwich, because ANYTHING will slide around between two pieces of that. It's great for an open-face though! Really sturdy support for heavy shit or thick spreads!

Many people overstuff their sandwiches. See the OP. Those are delicious rations.

sandwich autist with the long post here, this guy is correct and this is even MORE basic and important than my post!

if you don't have a kaiser roll, don't make a sandwich like you do. there is only so much load a grilled piece of standard bread can properly contain, no matter how well it is aligned with ingredients!

use condiments as glue and greens / other veggies to prevent slippage of things like bread between the meets

max slippery sandwich
bread
mayo
cheese
lettuce greens / onion
meat
mustard
bread

non slippery sandwich
bread
mayo / mustard
lettuce greens / onion
meat / cheese
lettuce greens / onion
bread

>my life was changed by knowing this

You fucking idiot, British people call fries chips

That sounds equally as lame.

I'd eat if served to me in someone's home

toasted rye bread with pate spread on it, lettuce, fried tuna, cumin, cayenne pepper, cardamom and a dash of maple syrup to balance that heat

Not making best sandwich

Look at me! I'm on the internet with a sandwich!

Turkey or ham
Dijon mustard on one side, honey mustard on the other
Whatever kind of cheese I have at the moment, except American
Slice of bacon
Crisp af lettuce
Tomatoes picked from my garden
I mostly eat grain bread or just whole wheat

Pretty generic but it's a comfort food for me

Are you new?

sides are gone

This was a fad in burgerland for a bit

No wrong way to do it.

Dont have any pics but i will share my favorite sandwich with you all.

>Nature's Own Butterbread
>Sriracha Mayo
>Smoked Ham
>Lettuce
>Dill pickle slices
>Tomato
>Onion
>Mustard
>American Cheese

All grilled on a cast iron pan, its delicous everytime.

nice

best sandwich: thickly sliced turkey, with gravy, and a little bit of cranberry, on really good fresh whole wheat bread.

Sandwich I ate every day for a month for dinner while in Germany
>1 Brötchen (dinner roll) split down the middle
>1 hotdog
>1 dill pickle spear
>1 slice of cheese
>1 slice of ham
>1 slice of pastrami
>1 slice of salami
>some mustard
It started off with just hotdog and brötchen and I added stuff over time. I would eat them for a year. Fresh brötchens...

*I forget the cheese. Might have been provolone.

What type of mustard? This is important.

Ah man. I don't remember. I wish I could, I would try to remake it perfectly. It was a mustard I bought from small grocery store named Kupsch.