twitter.com/Outsideness/status/838222169968517121
twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/843872900981645312
youtube.com/watch?v=X-VmiLA3nqg
soundcloud.com/kodenine/kode9-mix-for-fact-magazine
soundcloud.com/ctm-festival/ctm13-death-of-rave-1-uk
urcc.space/manif.html
urcc.space
youtube.com/watch?v=KInIGM1Xf0M
viewpointmag.com/2017/03/28/the-darkness-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-artificial-intelligence-and-neoreaction/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2/3.

3/3.

What the hell is a neoreactionary?

a gender identity?

a faggy "internet badass"

Is that what a vagina looks like?

Anyone who has ever replied to a bait post on Veeky Forums

It's kind when you get so fat that nobody can tell if you're a man or woman

Kinda.

PC people who admit that they support neoliberalism. They support capitalism because it brings chaos, inequality, despair etc.

The reason why they call themselves "reactionaries" is because they (rightfully) assume that all the chaos brought by neoliberalism makes the ruling class stronger than ever. Their job is to maintain the present social order, not to change it.

What is that? Ham in a horse collar?

Phoneposters need to leave.

they're alt-right pseudo-intellectual virgins

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Neoreactionary_movement
>Neoreactionaries are the latest in a long line of intellectuals who somehow think that their chosen authoritarian thugs wouldn't put them up against the wall. Possibly they hope to use sheer volume of words as a bulletproof shield, or consider themselves somehow too competent, virtuous and useful to end up one of the serfs.
>The movement is largely insignificant and mostly an object of curiosity (one must hope it remains this way), though it has attracted some of the pseudo-intellectual variety of racist.
>There is the occasional schism, purge, warning of entryists and claim of true neoreaction; thus, neoreaction successfully duplicates student communism, though without people even getting laid along the way.

so basically /pol/ in a nutshell, lmao

What the fuck is up with the online cult around this guy? His early work is really interesting but in the past ten years he's turned into a drugged out maniac.

>What the fuck is up with the online cult around this guy?
uppers senpai

He went mad and mixed these three guys. I personally blame Bataille's philosophy, the guy was too much for poor Land.

Nick Land did enough overdoses of drugs that he unironically supports the Communist Gangster Computer God but without the Communism.
Like, you can't even call him a reactionary despite his fanbase being comprised of mostly that. He's anti-egalitarian, but that doesn't exactly mean much since he wants a super A.I. to kill all of humanity.
Imagine Posadas but with terminators instead of nukes.

I think Mencius Moldbug is the cooler NRx desu

Meltdown is pretty interesting desu. There is even a video reading it with spooky robotic voices.
ccru.net/swarm1/1_melt.htm
>The story goes like this: Earth is captured by a technocapital singularity as renaissance rationalitization and oceanic navigation lock into commoditization take-off. Logistically accelerating techno-economic interactivity crumbles social order in auto-sophisticating machine runaway. As markets learn to manufacture intelligence, politics modernizes, upgrades paranoia, and tries to get a grip.
youtube.com/watch?v=fiaWsgtJrNI

> these three guys
> post picture of Deleuze

Come on user, Deleuze is more than three guys.

whomst

Moldbug's just your regular greasy IT guy, he doesn't even have a cyberpunk-chic shanghai compound

trust the cyber fuck to live in Shanghai, do you think he is disappointing by all the promised tech of the 90's that failed to materialise? Is that why he does so much coke?

From what I've heard, Land's wife is a professor in a chinese university but he spends the whole day shitposting on twitter like he was a 13 year old /b/tard trapped in the body of a 50 former post structuralist academic

Pretty much, he self-destructed fast and hard in the early 2000's after a whole decade of showing up to work high on uppers and psychedilics when he was a professor in Warwick, it's hilarious to read third person accounts of his autistic shenanigans, as well as how it took the philosophy department years to get this guy fired from his position. Now he's just a burnout, like any former druggie, but he's kept alive by an endless succession of grad students who give him a platform to do skype lectures and read their dissertations and unpublished manuscripts. Honestly, if people like Ray Brassier, Nick Srnicek, and Albert Toscano didn't rehabilitate him he'd be completely forgotten, which would suck, because he's a pretty underrated "lolcow", in the old internet sense, I wish people trolled him harder, he probably has so many skeletons in the closet, he seems like an easy exploit.

He's just a two-bit pseud. His "brief introduction to unqualified reservations" is essentially unreadable owing to the copious use of what he likely sees as "humor" but never really pulls off

Moldbug is just a by-the-numbers autistic stemfag, all of his writing is just alternative history wish fulfillment for pathetic computer programmers who think being able to code means they should be able to autocratically control the whole world, I haven't met too many NRx people irl, but at least 50% of every stemfag I've met irl thinks understanding coding means they're inherently superior to everyone around them and that programming is a transferable knowledge, so if you're good at programming it just makes you "smart", and that means you're in a better position to understand economics, politics, psychology, and philosophy then people who actually spend their lives studying it. It's just autism, these people would be some of the first to go if "survival of the fittest" was real and not just a meme.

>lovecraft
>philosophy
literally how

>but in the past ten years he's turned into a drugged out maniac.
OP, Nick Land has been doing non-stop drugs since the 80's, literally all of his writing is drug fueled, the only thing that's changed is that he lost his job, moved to China, started believing in eugenics and fascism, and has completely resigned himself to being a fringe crank who only theoryfags and aut-right mongs patron. If you're a theory fag then he's fun, but much like his idols, Deleuze, Bataille, Nietzsche, he's more someone to be "resisted" then synthesized, but it's also undenyable that without him we wouldn't have Left Accelerationism, and besides Communization Theory, I don't even know if there's a single other Marxist school of thought specific to the 21st century that isn't a retread of 20th Century theory/praxis (not including crit-theory, cultural stidies, """"muh cultural marxism"""" stuff, because that's almost completely inapplicable to non-academic spaces).

Lovecraft is actually a huge fad right now in academia, Lovecraft and Weird Fiction basically hold the same position to Speculative Realism that the Modernists and Dada held to the Frankfurt school, and that the Symbolists and Surrealists held to French Post-Structuralism.

Meant to attach this jpg, but forgot.

is this a copypasta

No. why do you ask?

If you are interested in the intersection between Lovecraftian fiction and Speculative Realism there's plenty of examples, Harman's Weird Realism, Negarstani's Cyclonopedia, and Eugene Thacker's trilogy of "horror philosophy" that he published through Zero Books, which was a direct influence on True Detectives (some of Rust Cole's monologues are lifted directly from the book).

I'm just insecure because I really have no idea what you are talking about

No worries famrade, that's what Wikipedia's for. The page on Speculative Realism is actually a pretty decent outline imo. Besides that, philosophical movements usually tend to internally create their own sense of an "aesthetic", basically whay artest are "in" and cool to reference, and which artists, as well as philosophers, are lame and not worth referencing. For instance, referencing Plato in any positive way whatsoever used to basically be career suicide in Post-Structuralist circles, luckily Badiou has rehabilitated Plato, but now Aristotle is out of vogue. For the French intellectual scene in the 60's, if you couldn't verbatim cite Mallarmé, Rimbaud, and Artraud, then you were basically considered a functional retard. Right now, for a lot of weird reasons, Speculative Realism, which is emerging as the most important philosophical movement of the 21st Century thus far, and is deeply tied to Zizek and Badiou, although they're of an older generation, the "aesthetic" they've chosen seems to be one highly indebted to Weird Fiction (Lovecraft) and "Speculative Fiction" (big fancy word for scifi, think Philip K. Dick, William Gibson, lots of cyberpunk stuff).

I feel like Stirnerfags would like Nick Land. Also probably Ray Brassier.

Everything you typed seems to check out but something about this comment reads like you have exactly one source and know less than you are letting on.

>if someone knows more then me about a random subject they must be lying
I'm interested in Speculative Realism, before that I was already into Post-Structuralism, most of the post-structuralists liked to talk about Mallarmé, most of the Speculative Realists like to talk about Lovecraft, it isn't rocket science and it isn't a crazy comparison to make.

I thought the nihilistic monologues in True Detective were mostly influenced by Thomas Ligotti's "Conspiracy Against the Human Race" (Ligotti is a horror writer influenced by Lovecraft, but that book was more like his manifesto for a pessimistic anti-natalist philosophy…do any of the speculative realism guys talk about him along with Lovecraft?)

Yeah, a lot of Rust Cole's dialogue comes from Conspiracy Against the Human Race, but a lot of it also comes from Eugene Thacker's In the Dust of This Planet. Eugene Thacker himself is pretty deeply influenced by Ligotti, as are Brassier and Negarstani, but even Ligotti's main influence is Lovecraft, and Lovecraft is kind of a coincidental teather between Ligotti and Land. There are four currents in Speculative Realism, the most predominate one is OOO, and Harman is a pretty big fan of Lovecraft, but arguably the Rationalists, like Brassier and Negarstani, are far more influenced, their philosophy is like a weird mishmash of nihilism, positivism, cognitive science, and neurophilosophy mixed with a lot of Deleuze, Guattari, and Land. Also, Brassier's Nihil Unbound was another major influence on True Detectives itself.

*Pessimistic Rationalists

do not approve of the bataille hate itt

No, there's definitely something weird about that post. You write like you're faking it, even if you're not.

Stop samefaging

The people behind leftist Accelerationism are basically socdems with light touches Soviet technophilic futurism. They are not bad per se but they are completely disenchanted with actual leftism that entails class-struggle and opposition to the bourgeoisie.

Badiou basically tells them they are even more utopian than him in this debate:

vimeo.com/193993130

As for Land as you say as he is to be resisted, since his vision for the future is nightmarish as fuck.

Agreed, Bataille was a comrade all his life, and he is much more interesting than Land.

don't forget xenofeminism

I personally believe the only way forward is to adopt a leftist cosmicism

Only by abandoning all spooks can we finally work towards overthrowing capitalism

Can someone who is really into this corner of philosophy give a brief explanation of the Unconditional Accelerationism concept? Is the ultimate end goal complete human extinction?

>like a weird mishmash of nihilism, positivism, cognitive science, and neurophilosophy mixed with a lot of Deleuze, Guattari, and Land.
From the looks of it the cognitive science part seems very shallow

>I personally believe the only way forward is to adopt a leftist cosmicism
>Only by abandoning all spooks can we finally work towards overthrowing capitalism

Nah senpai what we have to do is to "re-enchant" the world, i.e. bring forth new spooks to replace the spooks of tradition (god) and capitalism (commodity fetishism).

The trick is how to do it without submitting to the obscurantisms of new age/faux paganism.

An example of how to do it is pic relate, ain't even kidding, we need a sort of urban folklore/parody-religion for the post-industrial world, the trick is that, in an act of Zizekian irony, "we do not really believe in it, but it works even if we don't believe in it."

>didn't rehabilitate him he'd be completely forgotten, which would suck, because he's a pretty underrated "lolcow", in the old internet sense, I wish people trolled him harder, he probably has so many skeletons in the closet, he seems like an easy exploit.
this is a healthy outlook, "he seems like an easy exploit". Fucking with mentally unstable people is FUN TIMES. Good stuff.

we subgenii now

>An example of how to do it is pic relate, ain't even kidding, we need a sort of urban folklore/parody-religion for the post-industrial world, the trick is that, in an act of Zizekian irony, "we do not really believe in it, but it works even if we don't believe in it."
This is Satanic, its unholy and the behavior of defiled children of the Kali Yuga

>we need a sort of urban folklore/parody-religion for the post-industrial world, the trick is that, in an act of Zizekian irony

Wasn't this already started with the whole invoking kek business?

seems like pol's stance on kek is exactly this:
>"we do not really believe in it, but it works even if we don't believe in it."

are you suggesting a leftypol version of the above or more nuanced than that? not sure if this is a wise road to follow desu senpai

Tthe Kali Yuga will end someday, what I was trying to say is that we need something to fill the spiritual void in the meantime. Perhaps what I said was a mistake. I suppose that was foolish.

>Wasn't this already started with the whole invoking kek business?

Yes. I suppose we would merely be following in their steps. My version though would be similar but with a clear return to "Ethics", instead of embracing chaos like /pol/ we embrace order, as a sort of dialectical "things turning into their opposite" kinda thing (as in Mao's flavor of dialectics, that is), so that the left stands for light and order while the right for darkness and chaos. A complete dialectical reversal of how the right has seen itself and in relation to the left since the days of Joseph de Maistre.

I suppose a more nuanced version of the same idea is that it is up to humans to solve earthly problems, how I imagine it is as a sort of religion that says "god is gone, is up to humans to safeguard the world and fix society" (maybe this is like the Jewish concept of Tikkum Olam, I don't know), and we do this through Revolutionary Praxis, Revolutionary Praxis being a religion that is devoted to collective action in this world. Again from Zizek I got the idea of the Holy Ghost as an egregore of sorts, that emerges from the collective actions of the community of believers. All we have today is the Holy Ghost, we cannot turn to God to fix our shit and so on and so on. This is a good fundation for the kind of ethical religiosity I imagine, maybe.

>xenophilosophy
>not realizing being is becoming
How irrational.

>instead of embracing chaos like /pol/ we embrace order
>light and order
>Holy Ghost
So the exact opposite of /pol/ huh? I think i know which avatar you're building towards for this. pic

>moralfaging on a chan board

Land is hardly a victim, light trolling is hardly even half of what that crypto-fascist deserves.

Honestly vaperwave 'aesthetic' would've been so much cooler if it had that early 90's cyberindustrial vibe, rather than just doing 80's nostalgia.
More Lain, less Drive.
Also I would not be even the slightest bit surprised if the CCRU or even that audio clip specifically was one of the main sources of inspiration for OK Computer.

The amount of randian and other reactionary bullshit among autistic STEM-fags (especially silicon valley programmers and related faggots) is fucking mystifying. It's one of the weirdest part of the industry.
How can one industry of workers have such a reactionary culture?
It's so weird to me that the free software movement, the black hatters, and the pirates turned out to be the counter culture within tech, rather than the general culture and ideal that it seemed destined to be.

I'm not that into the acceleration people, but I thought it was pretty common to describe them as part of the post-left and not leftists exactly for the reasons you describe.

*darkly enlightens u*

Listen here fuckos I'm going to give you a quick rundown on the situation basically as I remember it. Now what you have to remember is that ol Moldberg is a libertarian of the Misesian-Rothbardian sort (I believe he even specifically says this at one point). Though inspecting him he would appear to espouse more reactionary ideas akin to Hoppe and Friedman (that's David Friedman, faggot (though I would've forgive you for thinking of his son Patri who I'll get back to later)).

Now these names I just mentioned (excluding the Friedmans) are into Austrian economics. Now Austrian Economics is a lot like Classical Marxism in that appears anachronistic and claims to be scientific but not empirical. This an important difference with the Chicago School/ Monetarist Milton Friedman (and subsequently his son David) who believed he was doing empiricism. Now while Rothbard managed to plunder the term libertarian (and invent the term Anarcho-Capitilist) who wasn't the only one of his sort. David Friedman basically reinvented Anarcho-Capitilism by combining the economics of his father with The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress. I'm not making this up and he even wrote that in a comment to some random guy's blogpost who said he was influenced by Rothbard. After reinventing the beliefs of people he knew he wrote a book on medaevial Iceland. In that book he wrote about how the ancient Icelandic people settled disputes and basically had no legislation but instead, like many germanic peoples, had disputes determined basically in the way in which Bookchin gestures at but with more judges. From here we get 'private defense agencies'.

Now back to the Austrians. Out of the tradition of right-libertarians to claim to have one influence exposing their illiteracy (Rand said she was only influenced by Aristotle, Google "Virtue Ethics" faggots), Rothbard instead was rather well read. He wasn't a vulgar libertarian who supported free trade deals just because of the name though he was a paleolibertarian (i.e. David Duke and Pat Buchanan are actually good). Now Rothbard wrote gushing letters to Rand and even left her circle twice and wrote a one act play satirizing her (Mozart Was a Red youtu.be/KIk5C2qsRH8). Now Rothbard was determined to set his political movement on a firm foundation. He even rewrote his book Man, Economy and State to incorporate a more Thomistic outlook as opposed to the Utilitarianism he originally lent on.

One of the key things from Rothbard was the conception of the nation as opposed to state. It is actually reactionary to believe this as the nation-state is a modern invention and is literally what the modern movement of nationalism is all against. You can read mises.org/sites/default/files/11_1_1_0.pdf if you want though note Rothbard's teacher, Mises, even suggested states be broken down to the municipality-level.

Previous to German unification (of 1871 not 1990) Germany was but a patchwork of states. This is the sort of future that both Hoppe and Moldbug would like to move towards (though Hoppe is more solidly an anarchist mind you). Moldbug someone who quite likes Emperor Meiji, the one who unified Japan. He also likes Thomas Carlyle. Meiji saw the constitution of Britain and thought it too limiting. He saw France and Spain as despotic. He then saw the Prussia and fashion Imperial Japan in its image.

Fundamentally Moldbug's work is a blog. It was dumb reflections of what was around him and the old books he was reading from Google Books. Above all else what he did was reinvent the state in an anti-statist paradigm. Watch a Hoppe lecture and he will autistcally detail the logical path to private property rights from the example of Robinson Crusoe and Friday. Unfortunately in the right-libertarian conception legitimate ownership is through either being an original appropriator of a resource or trading (without coercion) with a previous owner. There is literally not a place for public ownership and the idea seems paradoxical. Moldbug figured it out. Mises was once asked by which metric do we judge a country as capitalist or socialist. He replied 'has a stock exchange'.

The moldbuggian vision is that countries should be broken down into city-states. These states aren't states as such but private-stock companies. A patchwork land of Sovereign Corporations with King-CEOs. Now this where the Friedmans return. Patri Friedman, grandson of Milton, is the founder of the seasteading institute. Steadsteading is like the patchwork but also floating out of territorial waters. This connection is not tenuous as Moldbug was actually invited to a seasteading institute conference and was then later disinvited lol.

'Who should own countries?' becomes 'Who does own countries?'. Moldbug answers this with the plot of Yes, Minster (he literally tells his readers to watch that show). From Wikipedia:
>The different ideals and self-interested motives of the characters are frequently contrasted. Whilst Hacker occasionally approaches an issue from a sense of idealism and a desire to be seen to improve things, he ultimately sees his re-election and elevation to higher office as the key measures of his success. Accordingly, he must appear to the voters to be effective and responsive to the public will. To his party (and, in the first re-incarnation of the series, the Prime Minister) he must act as a loyal and effective party member. Sir Humphrey, on the other hand, genuinely believes that the Civil Service, being politically impartial, has the most realistic idea of what "good governance" means, and therefore knows what is best for the country — a belief shared by his bureaucratic colleagues.
In this program the shadow government is the civil service, the bureaucracy, the people with the same sort of job as Moldbug's parents.

Of course it cannot stop there. We've got the man but no motive, so to speak. As it turns out this is simple. Where do the bureaucrats get their ideas? Why, the universities of course! This follows naturally on to the journalists. Where do the press get their ideas? Why, the universities of course! It appears we've discovered the secret to State-Media collusion. Aside from being university pals, they simply believe the same things. To put it in Marxist terms, they share the same class ideology. Moldbug calls this the cathedral (which later becomes ironic with the unironic tradcaths trying to get in on the movement).

There is far more to Moldbug and NRx than this (like the Moldbug caste system) but this are a few of the important bits.
tl;dr
twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/837735383198740481
twitter.com/Outsideness/status/838222169968517121
twitter.com/slavojzyzzek/status/843872900981645312

More like Dork Enlightenment.

>90's cyberindustrial vibe
>More Lain, less Drive.

Actually, i think Kode9 (who was associated with Land through the CCRU) really hit on this with Hyperdub imo. and that was like 5 years before vaporwave began.

youtube.com/watch?v=X-VmiLA3nqg
soundcloud.com/kodenine/kode9-mix-for-fact-magazine

>Moldbug someone who quite likes Emperor Meiji, the one who unified Japan. He also likes Thomas Carlyle. Meiji saw the constitution of Britain and thought it too limiting. He saw France and Spain as despotic. He then saw the Prussia and fashion Imperial Japan in its image.
Meiji didn't do any of those things. The restoration of Imperial rule was illusory; the Meiji government was an oligarchy run by samurai from Satsuma and Chōshū.

Yeah dude you have no idea how much I've listened to that Burial album. I've been getting more into hyperdub as well, mostly been on tempa/deep medi/DMZ artists in the past. Kode9 has written som stuff as well right? Been wanting to look at that as well.
This talk on the CCRU and modern electronic music by some of the ccru guys including the late Mark Fischer and kode9 is great.
soundcloud.com/ctm-festival/ctm13-death-of-rave-1-uk

Stop huffing glue and go to bed, Nick.

>Neoreactionaries are the latest in a long line of intellectuals who somehow think that their chosen authoritarian thugs wouldn't put them up against the wall.
The exact same thing could be said about modern leftists. At least the ones who romanticize the Soviet Union or really any violent revolution ever. I'd say the difference is they're so spineless and malleable that if any authoritarian figure with similar goals were to come after them for past microagressians or incorrect thoughts they would immediately submit and punish themselves.

I was specifically referring to the attitude those committed to revolution should take: a complete abandonment of hope in outside forces and the belief that the universe is actively working against you.

Essentially something like Nechayev's Revolutionary Catechism.

urcc.space/manif.html

Do you kids like to go fast?

>urcc.space
What is that site?

What the fuck I've seen some posts here before but in another thread

>soundcloud.com/ctm-festival/ctm13-death-of-rave-1-uk
oh shit nice i'll check this out, been wanting something like this.

and lee gamble reminds me of PAN which you should check out if you haven't already. they've got similar vibes/approaches as other labels you've mentioned.

youtube.com/watch?v=KInIGM1Xf0M

I honestly can't believe this is the same person who wrote Thirst for Annihilation, that book was incredible. Fuck, every time I decide to try to get into Land's later work I find myself marveling at how wrong one person can be about so many things. Maybe that's the point tho, I honestly can't tell desu

>quoting rationalwiki

No shit Land and Moldbug are ancaps, it's all they talk about, if you read Land's Dark Enlightenment he's basically just describing a form of anarcho-capitalism so deregulated, depraved, amoral, and completely anti-human and destructive that it makes Neal Stephenson's Snowcrash seem like the Paris Commune, I honestly have no idea why NeoCons and TradCaths are so attracted to their blogs, nor do I understand why White Nationalists like them, the only outcome of Land or Moldbugs ideas is complete human atomization and extinction as all human life is finally completely consumed by Capital and organic life is replaced by something synthetic. I really don't know how serious either one of them is at the end of the day, but it definitely, definitely skews more towards sincere then ironic. In a sense they're just what ancaps would look like if they were actually honest, if they admitted that Capitalism was inherently autocratic and racist, as opposed to jumping through all the typical Right Libertarian hoops of "civil liberty" and "inalienable rights".

Also, Nick Land and Moldbug should make a podcast where they record their skype calls, I think it would be pretty amazing.

Traditional Catholics and White Nationalists like to fantasize about authoritarian capitalism performing its proper role of crushing inferiors like women, blacks, SJWs, gays, etc. and restoring heroic, masculine, religious capitalists to their rightful positions of power.

As a programmer and stemfag, the reason we think we're smarter than everyone is because that is exactly what we're exposed to. Most people we meet that aren't programmers are drooling retards, or so it seems. This is a false perception, mostly because we're always talking about our shit and everyone else is out of their element. Simply put, they are incompetent. Programming does kind of mean you're a little more clever than the average bear, but it doesn't mean we're a superior race of autists. It just means that until Pajeet came along, we got paid more. There is, of course, a simple solution to this, and that is to get more leftists studying STEM so that we can have more people like RMS and less people like Bill Gates.

It's an exit.

Feels bad being a philo-brainlet and to have only ever finished A History of Western Philosophy.

This esoteric stuff sounds kind of funny.

Can someone get on this? @Outsideness? You know that faggot lurks on chans.

Can someone get on this? @Outsideness? You know that faggot lurks on chans.

Is this the opening scene from The Matrix? If I follow this link will I see how deep the rabbit hole goes? Are you Morpheus?

Is this the opening scene from The Matrix? If I follow this link will I see how deep the rabbit hole goes? Are you Morpheus?

>The enlightenment failure has been to begin its analysis of property from the problem of justification. This not only throws it into immediate ideological contention, submitting it to politics, and thus to relentless left-drift, it also places insurmountable obstacles in the path of rigorous understanding. To depart from an axiom of legitimate original property acquisition through work, as Locke does, is already proto-Marxist in implication, resting on philosophically hopeless metaphor, such as that of ‘mixing’ labor with things. It is property that defines work (over against non-productive behavior), not the inverse. As Hurlock notes, Moldbug’s approach is the correct one. ‘Property’ — as a social category — is a legitimation of control. It cascades conceptually from sovereignty, and not from production.

>These matters will inevitably become intellectually pressing, due to the current technocommercial restoration of money, exemplified by the innovation of Bitcoin (in its expansive sense, as the blockchain). Control is undergoing cryptographic formalization, from which all consistent apprehension of ‘property’ will follow. Property, in the end, is not sociopolitical recognition of rights, but keys. What you can lock and unlock is yours. The rest is merely more or less serious talk, that only contingently compiles. This is what hacker culture has already long understood in its specific (thedish) usage of ‘owned’. There’s no point crying to the government about having paid good money for your computer, if Nerdgodz or some other irritating 15-year-old is running it as a Bitcoin-mining facility from his mother’s basement. The concreteness of ‘might is right’ once looked like a parade ground, but increasingly it is running functional code.

b-b-but he's ancap!

From where are you quoting?

That was a dumb moment, found it.

Can someone post the one of this, you know the one?

I don't remember where I read this, but apparently Manuel DeLanda was at a roundtable he set up and his response to his spiel basically amounted to "the fuck are you talking about"

>Evola

How would Deleuze react if he could see what Land is up to? Would he throw himself out the window again?

I really want to see that. Did you just read about it, or was it caught on tape?

There is just something enchanting about his drug fueled writing, as if a demon wrote it :). Odd.

bampity

viewpointmag.com/2017/03/28/the-darkness-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-artificial-intelligence-and-neoreaction/