General:
>i.imgur.com/igBYngL.jpg
Flowchart:
>i.imgur.com/uykqKJn.jpg

Previous Thread:

ninefox looks like trash
closed and common could be good
obelisk gate and birds in the sky got no idea

honestly its between Death's End and Too Like the Lightning.
Personally altho Death's Head was amazing not sure another book in a trilogy needs to be another Best Novel Winner.

Ninefox and Obelisk Gate are my picks.

>black woman
>white woman
>asian trans man
>white trans woman
>asian man
>white woman

It's like poetry.

>white trans woman

WTF TRAP WAS NOMINATED HUGE?
WHAT DID IT WHROTE?

Damn it. Identity politics and the cancer of rainbow sf. At least one of the white women acknowledges the influence of the great white Wolfe. When your genre was always for sissies and outcasts I guess this was bound to happen.

33 % trans noninations sounds legit given percentage of trans population.

I hope they never realize how many asians there actually are in the world.

1960s
>By 2017 machines thinking they are human will write books
>Men thinking they are women write books

Say what you fucking want /pol/babby but Three Body trilogy got out of China for a fucking reason. Cixin's shit is tight

What hard sci-fi books involve humanity making first contact?

Not UFO/conspiracy stuff, but an actual, ''realistic'' view of Earth's response to alien life being discovered.

>Three body problem
Read it back in 2014
Still falling asleep from boredom

Blindsight nigga
Yeah lol it sucks. Worth plodding through for the amazing other two in the trilogy though

Watts, Three Body from above, thought it was written by a sloth, plus by the end the whole contact devolves into an Alex Jones level conspiracy theory were space alien jews try to invade Earth via videogames and nanobots.

Have you little shits lied to me?
I'm ~200 pages into the third book of the Malazan series and there's still no GRI!
I was promised this was GRI approved.
I love the books otherwise so far but I need to masturbate too you fucks!

I've just read two short stories witcher books (Last wish and Sword of destiny) and I am looking for similar books to this since they were awesome. Any recommendations?

I tried reading Moorcock's Elric of Melnibone and found it unpalatable. The prose was so staid and impersonal, it was a struggle to hold interest each new page.
It's a shame since the concept behind the series seems so interesting to me.

this picture is cool as fuck. what is it?

This is the teaser for the 3rd book of Watt's Blindopraxia series

Best book Ninefox got a white lesbian.

Absolute aram, that you?

Out of the dark by David Weber

I went from the Night Watch series to witcher and enjoyed it. Take that as you may.

if /k/ and /x/ fugged and made a series. good stuff for the most part, kickass action and gunplay if you like that. also lovecraftian monsters

So there's going to be one? I thought the writer said something like that he ran out of stuff to write or something.

Somewhere in the future it will be, read his blog.

What's GRI, there is some romance but it isn't very explict. There is a great pairing that is introduced around book 5. A certain character in a mine also gets very down and dirty early on in like book 2 or 3

Gay Rape Incest

There is a possibly implied gay pairing, a fair bit of casual gay sex and a few relationships, Mine character gets raped a fair bit, actually lots of character do/ have been raped (mainly had), book 6 is very rapey iirc but its not very sexy, not much incest going on (might be one stepmother rape or something..

Will I enjoy it if I dont know shit about guns

yeah i just mean the author is knowledgeable, you don't need to know every gun to follow. just little details that make /k/ommandos hnng

>just little details that make /k/ommandos hnng

Eating brownies with cum mixed in?

The "Asian man" is Chinese. They laugh at American obsession with "diversity" and consider themselves no less than the most Superior culture. In their mind, Chinese > Rest of Asia > Europeans > Indians >>> Africans

Is there any online writing course worth doing?

>expecting a white cis male to ever be nominated for anything ever

You'll probably enjoy it more.

>tfw can't watch action movies because you autistically count bullets

You learn writing by reading and writing.
Everything else is bullshit.

>>expecting a white cis male to ever be nominated for anything ever

Doing my best here
Considered calling myself bi but still half-lying

Nigga have patience. Book 3 has some of the most fucked up rape in the entire series.

>There is a possibly implied gay pairing,
Did you forget about all the explicitly open gay pairings? Like Blend and Picker?

Malazan is essential Redditcore.

There's not much GRI or anything that would offend delicate sensibilities.

>Book 3 has some of the most fucked up rape in the entire series.
you cant rape the dead

Is that fucking Vlad Tepes himself working Buchevsky? What the fuck? Is a vampire going to defend humanity from the alien furry threat?

>There's not much GRI or anything that would offend delicate sensibilities.

Then I assume you'd have no problems letting your grandmother read Hetan's hobbling from book 9? Cause that shit is like something out of a Fatalpulse doujin.

>plus by the end the whole contact devolves into an Alex Jones level conspiracy theory were space alien jews try to invade Earth via videogames and nanobots.
So this is why I was getting the impression that the sophons really exist and are manipulating culture right now, as of late. There's too much weird shit going on.

Is there a good fantasy novel series that isn't redditcore?

>you come in my home and kill and despoil all my food
>implying I'll let you get away with it

>the Three Body trilogy got out of China for a fucking reason
We're talking about the country where Wuxia and Xianxia comes from

>There's a name of the wind thread on outer Veeky Forums and people are saying it's good or okay
What the fuck?

Jesus christ that's disgusting.
I'm going there right now.

I dropped too like the lightning because of the pronouns. I think that was the one with the pronouns... Anyway, it was annoying.

Oh god don't remind me.
>Protag is a waste who can't become a practioner of whatever bullshit magic is practiced
>Has a high position in his clan but is bullied because he's a waste
>Comes across a million year mushroom and eats it
>Gains god like talent and instantly becomes Qi whatever stage 9
>Gets back at his bullies
>Gets a harem
>In the he world that he lives in people traverse billions of miles with ease because Chinese writers suck at scale
I pretty much summarized every Xianxia

Holy shit this is pretty much isekai in a nutshell. This stuff has deep roots in the sinoriental psyche.

Oh actually there's also Isekai in half of them. In these novels the protag is guy on earth who is about to get his life ruined, and then he dies, and his soul is transported to another world where he possesses the body of a guy with the same name as his. The rest is the stuff I mentioned before

ya yo ya yo

I'm impressed you actually read Chink shit. Iwouldn't have been able to do that since I'd rather not read anime, although there are some weebs like Sanderson around

>Gains god like talent
>Gets a harem
Just like in my dreams.
It seems I must read these novels.

What's wrong with weebs?
Tolkien was a weeb too.

There are thousands of them and a community of shit taste was made a while ago. Also this shit's actually getting pretty huge since translators are getting a lot of money from people. I'm pretty sure the biggest site has signed a deal with a chinese site that hosts all these novels

Why would I read some weeb's fantasy novel based on the anime they watch instead just watching anime?

in case this other guy isnt clear, just google the name of the genre and theres like mountaisn of this stuff being posted for free

>told the faggot about it
>heh Ill read it, anything you don't like means it's good
>I dropped too like the lightning...
Fuck off. Don't want to hear your tears. Waiting for the WoT faggot and the Dhalgren faggot.

I used to read these but I never donated. I do have a hilarious story though. I was reading a chapter and I glanced through the comments where they were complaining about their subreddit. So I went there and it was actually worth it. Anyway here's the story
>Some guys notice how popular Chinese novels are becoming
>They make their own novel but they call it a chinese novel
>They make up a fake chinese name and put their chapter through google translate to make raws
>Their fake novel gets really popular until some guy notices that the raws are fake and the author didn't exist
>The novel gets banned from the subreddit and there's a huge shitstorm going on
I'm pretty sure they made quite a bit since donations are usually $30 per chapter

>Gains god like talent and instantly becomes Qi whatever stage 9
>Gets a harem
That sounds like Radix lawl

You forgot that while the magic system that all these novels use has clearly defined power levels the protagonist can fight above his own level while everyone else either can't do it or can't do it as well as the protag

You know it's been a while since I actually truly enjoyed a fantasy novel.

>literal redditor invasion
>proudly talks about his wannabe shitsite
Wasn't someone supposed to make an anti-reddit macro? What's the status?

Fuck off.

Is there anything out there like Star Wars? I've already read Dune. And by "like Star Wars" I mean something that isn't trying to moralize on social issues or make pronouncements about what's bad in society. Just spaceships and shit.

Sounds like Khalidin

That might be because they're usually garbage. And the ones that aren't written by commercial authors that do yearly releases.

Come to think of it, no good fantasy series I can think of is written by a professional author.

>star wars started space ships and can be used as a universal blanket term for space opera
Fuck off. It's your kind that is helping fill this genre with trash.

Fuck, that is so accurate but that is not gonna stop me. Wuxia/Xianxias are my guilty pleasure.

What of Stephen King and Neal Gaiman?

>tfw read a weeby webtoon and have nowhere to discuss it

I'm not saying Fantasy is shit. It's just that for the past year or so I haven't had any fun reading fantasy novels.

So?
What was the purpose of announcing that?
Fucking blogshitter fuck off.

>Medieval setting
>Characters may as well have time travelled from the 21st century to the pas
I know that feeling especially since the vast majority of fantasy novels are like this. I swear the middle ages has to be the most misused setting ever

So this just came in the mail

That can't possibly be a serious question, can it?

>Protagonist does some closed door training
>Comes out ten thousand years later
You forgot this.

How is that edition? Like the physical binding and print quality. I saw that sitting in a shop a while ago but it was all shrinkwrapped so I didn't know if it was worth springing the cash.

Of course it is.
They're the only living fantasy authors who produce high literature works.

>high literature works
>stephen king

I guess I really need to remember what thread I'm in.

After inspecting it can say that the pages are pretty thin, but that's because it's a big book. As for every other aspect I see no problems. I think I paid around $25 on Amazon for it.

>tfw Conan a pulp series is better written than most contemporary fantasy novels

His Nabokovesque prose and Tolkienesque world weaving are truly transcendent, you ignorant little pleb.

I just read some Goodkind interviews. He sort of reminds me of Bakker. It's probably the arrogance. It seems that whenever I read interviews with fantasy authors they usually seem rather arrogant

>tfw I lent the trilogy and sequels to a coworker 6 months ago and she hasn't even started them yet

Tell her to hurry tf up!

>fantasy authors usually seem rather arrogant
Rothfuss takes that shit to a whole new level
>If you’re one of the people who found this story disconcerting, off-putting, or confusing, I apologize. The truth is, it probably just wasn’t for you.

>snap chat
... Phone poster??

>Each chapter starts with a quote from someone

>Each chapter starts

Yes, obviously. Why would I take a picture on my phone to transfer it to my desktop to make a post on my desktop. Posting directly from my phone makes more sense.

To the user who emailed me his shit I'll read it tomorrow been a crazy week/weekend

t. Hungarian shovelanon

>chapters

Incredible, although that stupid wiring shit could be missing from the sides leaving just the incredible painting

Xianxia sounds dreadful, but is there any wuxia worth reading? I've always liked wuxia movies.

It might look like arrogance, but it could just as well be a method of handling massive quantities of predictable comments. The fans also get to feel special.

It works. I would use the chapter structure to revisit portions of the story from unseen angles. Ever read a detective novel?