Ham sandwich. What do you put on it other than ham and bread? Other meats? Condiments? Salad?

Ham sandwich. What do you put on it other than ham and bread? Other meats? Condiments? Salad?

I'm going to go to the store and buy some sliced ham and have this classic meal for the first time ever, and I want to experience it in the most preferred/typically agreed upon way

I'm seeing all different kinds of things on google, so I want to know what you guys think

ketchup only

I like to mix mustard and horseradish and spread that on both slices of bread, then anything after that is whatever you feel like putting on the sandwich because it's a fucking sandwich
Thinly sliced red onion's nice but I like pickled reds more

lettuce tomato onion mustard mayo

potato chips on the side

I find lettuce the best option
breaks the saltiness of the ham and is crispy, but not juicy enough to be messy

cheese
mustard
lettuce
sometimes tomato, but usually not
horseradish sounds interesting, I've always thought of it as more of a roast beef thing

What kind of cheese?

Horseradish is good with everything, try making a blt with horseradish mayo

generally not hard cheeses, but blue cheese is pretty good depending on mustard. Sharper cheeses don't go quite as well

Swiss for me.

A nice grass fed raw milk gouda, spicy Dijon, mayo. Sometimes dill pickles lettuce, banana pepoers, and tomato if I'm in the mood for veggies.

Black Pepper encrusted Turkey >>> Most lunch meats
Turkey > Ham
Honey Roasted Turkey == Ham

Deli mean turkey is one of those things I have a bad association with, I shoved some down my gullet while i had strep throat and didn't eat anything for the entire day and forced myself to eat half a package of turkey
So ham is therefore objectively better

skip the ham and go for some delicious soy based vegan ham substitute instead :-)

Salami and Cheese

Mustard
Cheese
Tomato, goes really well
Sometimes raw onion
Brandson Pickle
Bacon
Turkey
Obviously not all at once.

You're a pig.

You need to get on the jambon-beurre tip OP. The ideal jambon-beurre needs a baguette, ham, gruyerre, horseradish, dijon mustard, and a touch of mayo for proper panini pressing.

A good ham sandwich shouldn't be overtly pretentious. And I don't use that word lightly, but it applies here.
Good ham, good cheese (which could be many cheeses), leaf lettuce of your choice, sliced salted tomato (salting the slices makes the liquid drain off), red onion, good mustard, and a little creamy sauce of some kind like mayonnaise or horseradish cream. That's the basic idea. You can dress it up from there if you want, you can toast it, you can add pickles or peppers, you can use arugula or spinach instead of lettuce, you can make your own condiments (tomato jam is nice with ham), you can caramelize your onion, etc etc etc. But the basics always work.

Ham sandwich rate? Mustard up top, Tangy Zip below.

Oops, firg I think to mention bread. Bread quality is an issue. Don't use Wonderbread. Use a nice bread. It could be a homemade white, or a sourdough, or rye, or nut and seed bread, just make sure it's a nice quality.

I'm not a big fan of swiss cheese by itself, but ham and swiss is really good on a sandwich. Provolone works in any kind of basic sandwich in my opinion. Also I'd tend to say mayo or Miracle Whip. For vegetables just any kind of lettuce. I like a lot of vegetables on other sandwiches but not on a ham sandwich.

Where the veg at, nigger?

I forgot mustard in this post, your choice of mustard.

Ham
Cheese
Lettuce
Onion
Beetroot

is that a styrofoam plate
also ya couldnt have toasted that bread for a couple more minutes there bucko

Try to get real country cured ham if they have it. You'll be disappointed with the stuff that looks like your pic. It's flavorless.

Wonder bread or bunny bread, sliced ham, plastic wrapped yellow cheese, mayo. Sliced diagonally. If it doesn't stick to the roof of your mouth while you fight to get it back down to chew, the bread isn't fresh enough.

>He doesn't like strong, pungent cheese with sweet, sweet ham
Plebians are fucking everywhere today.

P-Pinkie?

Rye bread. A mild creamy cheese. A good deli mustard.

mayo and yellow mustard and lots of pepper on both slices of sourdough bread

then red onions, iceberg lettuce for dat crunch, bread and butter pickles and sliced tomato

finally just three slices of ham, and NOT honey ham topped with sharp cheddar

>ham
>homemade mayo
>grainy mustard
>lettuce
>aged cheddar
>shaved tart apple
>maybe bacon

Enjoy your ban dipshit :^)

there are clearly tomates in the pic

Swiss or cheddar. The generic kind. Don't waste any good cheese, it's a fucking ham sandwich.

NO HOMO!!!

Stop being a faggot and just report him

I happen to enjoy his company and his taste in basement food and hair metal.

That dude's been posting pics like that here for years at this point. Somehow I don't think the Veeky Forums mod cares about his doll or the fact that it makes people rage for some reason.

Ham cheese and tomato is the all time classic, no one can argue with this

>wholegrain mustard
>cheese
>tomato
>salt
>pepper
>dried oregano
>toast
>serve with a pickle and potato chips

egg

mustard

cheese is bullshit, so is tomato

Lettuce, tomato, cheese, brown mustard. Salt and pepper to taste; I often don't use any. Mayo only if you find the sandwich dry. Onion is too strong for the rest of the simpler flavors, and I feel horseradish would do the same.

This right here is the correct answer for cheese, though I will admit a fondness for cheddar.

Swiss cheese and yellow mustard.

Best ham you can get thick sliced
Fresh white sliced bread
English mustard
Butter

This sounds funky but it's delicious. Use a thick hearty sandwich bread. On one slice of bread put a bit of mayo and then about a tablespoon of soft goat cheese then a couple slices of smoked ham. On the other slice a tablespoon of grape jam. Put together and toast both sides in butter. Absolutely delicious

Everything is made better by good cheese you pleb. It's always worth the extra couple bucks

I believe this. Also good is ham, aged come gruyere or another suitably old cheese and apricot or peach jam

Old cheddar is a go to for me.