People's behavior in a post-apocalyptic setting

I'm writing a research paper on this subject (The Book of Eli as material) and would like to know your thoughts on the subject

Murder and rape

That's a pretty vague question man.

Pretty sure people would band togethre to protect each other and establish small communities.

Thing is, the setting I'm writing on has very limited resources, just not enough to go around, so conflict is inevitable and the option you suggested wouldn't work, you know?

OP here

Any literary articles on the subject would be highly appreciated, thanks

To be more clear, groups would attack other groups if they needed supplies or whatever but more importantly to make the story beleiveable there should be a reason why groups can justify attacking or raiding other groups. Whether its race or ideology or whatever. No matter how limited the resources there is no logical reason why people wouldn't form small groups (say 5 people), at the very least.

Read anthropology and history

have you read The Road

I guess. But what happens once that group can't sustain itself anymore? Cannibalism is almost always present in post-apocalyptic literature for a reason.

Rape slaves and eating babies is totally realistic and likely and widespread dude. Decent idea but it is overly grimdark. Esp depending on the amount of damage in the setting.

Watched the movie.

Cannibalism is inefficent, if there are people with resources might as well get the resources instead, if everyone is a cannibal then eventually everyone will be eaten and there will be no one left. Also you have to actually hunt and kill people who may fight back, raising people to eat is ridicoulously energy inefficient.

utopia
spontaneous cooperation, freedom and culture

why this always?
why are resources scarce? why cant this be overcome? why is this limitation always undisputable?
i tell you why:
becaus it limits your imagination. no v for vendetta 2 for you boys

Murder and Rape.

There'll literally be no dykes and faggots wouldn't exist either, at least not in the way to exist now. I guess there will be faggots but they won't go out looking for fags. They'll be raping boys, of course. But that's easily fixed with hanging or immolation. But I doubt anyone would care about that either because another person would just be one more person to take food and medicinal supplies from you and your loved ones. The sickest among us will sadly be the first to die unless they ban together and horde the best medicines for themselves. Books on medicine, both natural and man made along with Doctors hand books will all be more important than anything. I guess, in time, trade would reestablish routes like they were in ancient times. You may need sulpher to make medicine and so on. People will search For God because of Hope. Atheistic Hold outs will either kill themselves or become non functioning. Faithful people will continue to survive believing in a better day that's assured to come.

Depends on the nature of the apocalypse. I look outside, I see a post-apocalyptic world. A world devastated by Amnesia.
Everybody pretends that the way things are now is the way they have always been. Although this isn't the case. They just live that way.

>Cannibalism is inefficent
Efficiency is a self-defeating purpose.

pre existing clubs/networks/groups would band together. And i guess within these groups there will be conflicts because not everyone is as useful, or a certain family dominates etc.

As you can see from this thread it's commonly only an extension of the author's own conception of the "natural state"; generally meant as some heavy-handed moralism or to fulfil their fantasies of domination.

And as we can see:
You've already made up your mind, so go and write the umpteenth Leviathan fanfic.