What are some not so heavy books you recommend?

What are some not so heavy books you recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2614445/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_disorder
ccel.org/ccel/lawrence/practice.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is literally no difference between the popular definitions of INTJ and INTP

The latter are not actually intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor. They only pretend to be.

>the last 10 books that they have readed
I knew it was bait.

INTJ only manages to pass as intelligent because they are good at advertising. INTP is too alien for others to understand, and therefore classify accurately.

lmao angry intj result detected. Don't you realize those little internet tests are complete bullshit?

"INTPS"

I'm an INTP and I have to admit I'm a genius.

The whole classification or the Internet tests?

The functions.
Nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor you forgot to say.

I don't know enough about the classifications to make a judgement there but self-evaluation in 30 question online surveys has to be the most obviously defunct method of psychoanalysis in existence.

in that they're both deeply embarrassing people i guess

Get an e-reader and all books will be the same weight.

INTP here. Care to debate me on a topic of your choosing?

>The last 10 books that they've readed
>Readed

The fact that you say that with a tripcode implies careful planning. Not necessarily lengthy, mind you.
INTJ is known as the saboteur.

>repeating MBTI horoscopy with an air of confidence
Wew

THE LAS 10 BOOKS
THAT THEY'VE
READED
>fix'd

The former and consequently the latter.

Would you prefer over the top irony, even if writing fictitious things?
>Don't take me or my writings seriously, ever, please. Focus on the absurd and over the top instead! Please!

You don't believe that people have different personalities.

Forgot to include that. Who's the tard that made pic? God dammit

Strawman. Nothing personal kiddo.

4channer.

MBTI is essentially just stating that there is this system to classify the personalities of people. Introverted/Extroverted is just as much a fictitious thing.

Hence, a tard.

>inb4 ur tard to

Yeah, I already know

You are zigzaging his point. One thing is disagreeing with MBTI and another is totally negating the possibility of classifiying personalities. You know, Myer and Briggs is not the only classifying method.

If you label me, you negate me.
I think classifying personality is dumb and the results are useless. People are too complex.

There is no reason to say that it is not a functional classifying method.

There is no need to classify animals. Biology is just too complex.
There is no need to deduce laws of physics. Physics is just too complex.
There is no need to discuss literature. Art is just too complex.

>People are too complex.
Yes and No. People are complex due tue different experience. Although MBTI states about that people have different ways of interpret information based on speculated cognitive functions. Then it classifies. What of this is dumb? Keep an eye in that i am talking about the classification, not the internet tests.

You can discuss its validity.

None of those are even similar to classifying personality

Why not? Where do you think personality comes from?
Your ... "soul" or something?

But what is the end goal? I've had test forced upon me for learning styles and how to work in a group and management styles, etc.

I know my own learning style without being told (the classification got this wrong).
Other than that it seems like autistic classification meant to treat people like machines. This is what the underground man was railing against. And I agree with him.

>But what is the end goal?
What is the end goal of anything?

Well animals are different species, so there is something tangible to classify.
Physical laws are reduced to mathematics which work or don't.
I noticed you said "discuss literature" instead of "classify literature"

Ok Dovsto, world doesn´t revolve around you.

Soul is the thing that sees anything.

Art and literature are studied in universities. They can be critically dissected and and the expression techniques used in them can be classified. In any case any more or less in depth examination of art will descend into biology sooner or later.

literally EVERY post itt is off topic

Shush, we are lit.

Except that it's notoriously poor at staying consistent when the test is administered multiple times. Iirc the only parameter of the MBTI that appears to have a factual basis is introversion and extroversion. Not to mention the actual test itself is based on a simplification of Jung, who is not really a paragon of rigor. It'd be about as valid as calling the Enneagram valid when that's based on like, numerology or some shit.

Just because I think MBTI is fucking astrology for dorks doesn't mean I don't think there are other ways to classify temperament. Big 5 and its larger counterpart seem to be fairly good as well as accurate predictors of the presence of mental illness. That said it has some issues regarding cultural consistency.

>Big 5 and its larger counterpart seem to be fairly good as well as accurate predictors of the presence of mental illness.
What have you read on this?

I always score intp in these tests.

I'd say I do have a wicked sense of humor. Certainly not intelligent, in fact I just got kicked out of two college courses because I didn't deliver my assignements in time (I started them the very morning of the day they had to be finished). I'm pretty sure I barely have a brain at all.

I wonder if I need some pills to get shit done.

Visit the wiki. Also, I don't see why people would complain about the length of a book. If the book is good and you're enjoying it then that's a good thing, if the book is bad you can just drop it.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2614445/

Surprisingly there's a fairly good chart Wiki has reproduced as well on the Personality Disorder Article>Issues>Versus Normal Personality
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_disorder

The citation in question found correlations between abnormalities in certain test scores and diagnoses of illness.

Which is cool and somewhat more scientific than the DSM-V, which is literally just a checklist. That said it's still open to the usual folly of statistical analysis and the fact that you can argue that Big Five traits might be arbitrary.

I meant heavy as in thematically complex and undecipherable to a pseudo-intellectual such as myself.

Cool blog, where can I subscribe for more?

fun fact

I do have a blog where I talk about books for intp's

booksandintp.blogspot.com

For all INTP's.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Cringe.

>good thread topic
>absolutely ruined by image choice

I have some books for you!
>Stop Believing in Bullshit
>MBTI is Horoscopes for Hipsters
>90% of What You Believe Is Fake and Gay
>Don't Act Like a Retard
and
>Grow the Fuck Up

>blatant recommendation thread
>good topic

Wow. So mature.

>OP posts retarded picture rife with misspelled words and advocating the 21st Century's version of phrenology
>OP's request is for 'not heavy' books
OP is getting off lightly.

you have autism

this is the geek rage of an autist

>linear interpolation
>linear interpolation on discrete, disconnected bins

Why does nobody understand graphs anymore? This whole thing looks like AIDS.

i did that mbti shit and i got intp

i haven't readened anything myslef lately

>using MBTI over the Big Five
>2017

Tfw INFJ, the rarest archetype

This. You all have been fooled.

I don't like using the Big 5 because it flagrantly points out all of my flaws. At least with MBTI, they say "You're a thinker!" instead of the mopey, "You are not open. You are not conscientious. You are introverted. You are not agreeable. You are neurotic." That is the worst result possible and I get it every time.

>Brother

>Big 5
>Gives me shit I already knew about my personality

>MBTI
>Not only lists my personality traits but explains how they synthesize and work together

I mean, Big 5 is technically more "scientific" but it's also useless garbage, hence why no-one cares about it.

meant to quote

Alright, I'll settle this once and for all.

INTJ's reign superior over INTP's and the rest of the MBTI personalities, from a Veeky Forums perspective.

Honestly, if people here are anything other than an INTJ, they may leave, or choose to become an INTJ through deep mental conditioning.

INTJ's are lexical geniuses, cut from the same cloth as the late Mr. Wallace.

They're naturally philosophical, and live in general misery because of the cognitive dissonance in their heads about the futility and life, yet a deep yearning to aspire to something higher.

INTJ's are not socially inept weirdos like INTP's. They're selective, and almost snobby about their company.

Great taste in music, literature, and the ability to have a fantastic conversation with anyone about anything are just some other traits of INTJ's.

Why're they superior? Go figure.

>tfw ISTP
>tfw INTPs and TJs are complete faggots

Well, that probably has mostly to do with the fact that MBTI is mostly used for horoscopy but from a purely objective perspective it is inherently more neutral because it tries to examine personality from a purely cognitive perspective.
In Big 5 the agreeableness scale and the neurotic scale are emotional. In Big 5 not being agreeable seems to genuinely mean "You cannot feeel" from what I read while in MBTI being, for example, a thinker means you put more focus on logical rather than emotional reasoning.
In fact the neurotic and agreeable scales always kind of confused me. I see how they are clearly different but they are also kind of related because being more neurotic can make you less agreeable though the fundamental reasons for it would be different than "You cannot feeel".From the tests I've seen I can't say I think this is very well accounted for.

>the absolute state of this horoscope-obsessed teenager

>tfw special snowflake
>tfw too humble to brag
>tfw untapped potential personified

I'm the trickster archetype desu

INTJ are your typical aspergery /pol/ types, INTP are meth-using degenerates who have no desire to improve themselves

>t. INFJ

INTP is the /pol/ type. INTJ is the scheming jew. Just another iteration of Pepe and Wojack to them, I guess.

>>tfw too humble to brag
>brags anonymously of his humbleness

What
The fuck
Please send help

I've taken the MBTI three different times in the last 25 years at various jobs. Twice I scored as INTP and once INTJ. Both times HR and management acted like they swallowed a pickled turd when we went over the results and they did everything possible to avoid me beyond minimal necessary interaction after that.

INFP is the Veeky Forums type.

>non-autistic people caring about fedorascopes
What kind of shithole do you live in?

what is wholesomely disappointing about this comment on the internet is that it is actually believable that a human resources clerk would be enough of a lemming to actually buy into MBTI pop-culture at it's face value. To avoid someone socially or on a professional level and to automatically determine what kind of a human being they are solely off the premise of scored results on a personality quiz is the fucking single-most retarded thing I can think of, and is ironically autistic.

I had similar surveys at my place of work, and when it came to the comments section I would simply copy and paste the lyrics to puff the magic dragon in the paragraph box, because it doesn't mean two half of a beluga whale's obtuse cock if I am happy at a job or not because no one wakes up in the fucking morning and says, "Boy, I can't wait to go to work."

Just cheat. Duh.

This actually made me kek out loud.

I wouldn't say MBTI is horoscope-tier. I believe it sets the first steps in understanding the behavior of the mind.

I was unemployed one time and desperate for a job. I went and applied for a shit position at a company for barely over minimum wage but I was really hard up. This company made me take a battery of aptitude tests before I could fill out an application. HR lady comes in with a big smile and tells me I scored consistently with someone that would have a 4.0 grade point average in college. Admitted that I scored higher than she did. Said the only person in their company in the same league was the guy who owned the company. Told me they weren't going to hire me because they felt I'd get bored there and leave and they couldn't offer me another position because I didn't actually have a college degree. First time I ever got turned down for a job because I was too smart and uneducated on paper.

I thought it was the tumblr type.

This is literally Kafkaesque

These personality and aptitude test things for current employees are shit departments do when they have money left over in the budget and have to spend it or they lose it in the next fiscal year. Its just corporate games.

Should I ironically include being an INTJ on my resume? Should I act like Spock in my interviews and cite various logicians for basic replies to basic questions? Would I get the job?

>no one wakes up in the fucking morning and says, "Boy, I can't wait to go to work."
I do.
I love my job.

>"Boy, I can't wait to go to work."
A lot of people do.

Liar!

Nah, that's ISFP and ENFPs

Here you go my INTP brother

ccel.org/ccel/lawrence/practice.pdf

Eat shit!