Are black people too stupid to write good books?

Are black people too stupid to write good books?

Things Fall Apart by chinua Achebe

nope, more than enough smart ones that are just smart enough. conscientiousness directed towards such pursuits is more of a problem than the lack of intelligence.

Yeah but that is like 5th grade level.
I enjoyed it then but i propably wouldn't as much now...

no

yes

WE WUZ POETS N SHIET COMRADE

Plato was black

lol garbage

M8 have you not heard of Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison?

99.99999999% of them are, as opposed to only 99.99999% of whites

No, they just haven't been involved in any movement.

So is Portrait of a Young Man and The Old Man and the Sea (which is a fucking awful book in which Hemmingway pretty much just mimes himself like a circus ape), but does this detract from the quality of those books?

>mfw

Are white people too stupid to be anything but sociopaths?

They had the Harlem Renaissance.

Critique it all you like but it was one of the last few genuine literary movements in this country

BLACKED

alexandre dumas was pretty gud.

Civil rights movement and the gay rights movement both came with some good literature.

What are the other movements you're referring to with
>last few genuine literary movements in this country?

I'm only thinking of Post-war minimalism and Beat Gen, but those two kind of get tangled up

At least you tried.

I was refering to Beat Gen and I suppose the New Age movement to be fair despite it all being garbage

Was St. Augustine stupid?

/thread

They don't need to.

all three of these books are average/middling books

old man and the sea is hemingway at his most vapid and self absorbed outside of his juvenalia

portrait is easily joyce's worst major work

the difference is joyce and hemingway had previously written/went on to write masterpieces, whereas achebe's works stayed more or less at the tepid level of things fall apart (no longer at ease, etc., are more or less the same. his african language stuff is even worse)

Carson is honorary white

No, because he was a Romanized Berber who lived prior to the Muslim conquest of North Africa and was not a black person.

He was a black person.
the culture he adapted to does not have any place in this dialogue, since what is being questioned here are the characteristic of his race in itself. If, in your opinion, black people can adapt to different, more advanced cultures, then you're not putting the blame on their phenotypic expression (the colour of his skin, his bone structure, etc.), but their culture itself (which is a far more moserate stance)

Berbers ain't black, son

Yes, there is a significant lack of African-American literature, but that doesn't matter because the novel is dead anyway. They are much more adept at writing poetry (refer to this past decade of hip-hop/rap)

>muh niggaz be like
>muh bitchez be like
>muh moniez be like
Is this the endgame of poetry?