How does it feel to finish a book?

How does it feel to finish a book?

Bitter-sweet. Sometimes you just want it to go on forever, but you know you need to let it reach its end.

So sad-good senpai! Really Lit, catch you meme-heads l8ter.

Sad. For some reason I look forward to the ending, noting my page count and the total number of pages. When it ends I just feel lost

Good, because then you can start another.
It always gives me a nice feeling of accomplishment/closure to finish a book.

Can Never Enjoy it. I always get too anxious in the last pages.

I always deliberately choose not to read the last page of all books I read. I do this because once I reach that page I stop myself and try to digest everything that has been said before it and apply all that I have learned or caught on to to try to predict what will be said in the last page. I'm planning on reading all the last pages in one sitting eventually to see how well I did at predicting what was said.

This.

Also this. That anxiety when you're nearing the end never changes.

pssshhh i dont read books, i just form opinions based on what people write on Veeky Forums

same. feels like ya gotta say goodbye to the characters/narrative voice which sucks (if the books any good)

how does it feel to treat me like you do?
when you've laid your hands upon me and told me who you are

Has anyone else encountered spans of time where you slow down in your pace, or stop reading all together, and initially panic like its some kind marker of a failed or failing relationship? I haven't finished a book in a while, but I feel like I can live with these lulls and realize they are not the end that I worried they may have signaled in the past.

The next book is rarely as good.

Finishing a book fucks me up, because it can be really hard to find a book afterward I truly love.

Sometimes it's sad some times it's a relief. Sometimes you kinda just rush through it because you're already thinking of the next book.

HELLO AUTISMO

It's like edging: it's a long process and sometimes it pays off and you can relax for the rest of the night/day or sometimes it doesn't and you feel angry about all the time you wasted on it.

>that sweet tug of inevitability as the story nears its close

It's like coming. It was exactly what you wanted just before, and afterwards you feel a little weird, not sad but almost.

Won't know that feeling cause I've been reading Catch-22 for a month and still only 200 pages done. It fucking never ends, and has no concrete plot. Just a bunch of autismo keks loosely joined together.

Like I just came back from a trip, and now I'm home wishing I was there again.

Gratifying. I keep a ledger of all of the books I finish and own physically. I also record which of my bookmarks I used and a tally of how many books each mark has under its belt. This way, if I get alzheimers, there'll be proof of it all.

Anxiety everywhere, because you have to decide what to read next