Which writer is "your guy"?

which writer is "your guy"?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taylor_(philosopher)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The author of my diary desu

How can you own someone?

By attaching your soul to that being. As with all ownership forms.

willian vollmann

Mishima.

Me, my property

Paul Sheldon

Max Memer

Uncle Ted

Bataille

Unironically: Kirkbride.

There's millions of novelists, but who put their work into a new medium like that guy? Nobody.

aka me

Gogol

>In 1834 Gogol was made Professor of Medieval History at theUniversity of St. Petersburg, a job for which he had no qualifications. He turned in a performance ludicrous enough to warrant satiric treatment in one of his own stories. After an introductory lecture made up of brilliant generalizations which the 'historian' had prudently prepared and memorized, he gave up all pretense at erudition and teaching, missed two lectures out of three, and when he did appear, muttered unintelligibly through his teeth. At the final examination, he sat in utter silence with a black handkerchief wrapped around his head, simulating a toothache, while another professor interrogated the students."[22]This academic venture proved a failure and he resigned his chair in 1835.

This man.

Stirner's mistake is that he didn't take the spooks as living, spiritual creatures.

This man.

Debord, albeit Sankt Max is in the higher pantheons as well, he even looks like me in your picture

Dostoboy

Max is just an abbreviation of Maximilian
#WOAH
Or maximum
WOW

He's my guy as well.

/Christopher Lasch/

"Stirn" also means "head," so his pseudonym means something like "maximum forehead"

I just realized that he looks like a mutant version of Russel Crowe.

PS I love you.

I came here to write this. He's given me the strangest, most bewildering and sometimes downright unrecognizable feels I've ever had.

Plus the way some of his work rides the line between avant garde and very accessible is simply inspirational.

Patrick White

Max Headroom?

Eliot.

The Unique One.

Montaigne.

What's a spiritual creature if not a spook?

I would have agreed if I hadn't looked into his OOG texts and C0DA. He's just a comic book writer obsessed with superhero powerlevels and applies eastern metaphysics to it.

William Blake

Alexandre Dumas! I haven't read all his books, but the Count of Monte Cristo is my all time favorite!

He is pretty beast! any favorite works?

Unironically Orwell. Also Steinbeck.

Pls no h8

Cormac McCarthy.

Nathanael West

This cool guy over here. More like inspo rather than "my guy" but I admire him nonetheless.

weak bait

The Divine Image

Karl Marx

>he didn't read stirner

Steven Pinker. Non fiction I know, but nobody communicates as clearly or concisely as him

>literally handed a job in academia
and yet people unironically say that kids have it easy these days

Albert Camus

Shakespeare. I feel a deep, unironic joy when I read Shakespeare's stuff. I love the bounce and twirl of his blank verse, and I love every one of his characters, in all their differences.

I guess being the l i t e r a l l y most famous prose writer in your country during the time counts for something!

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this guy?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taylor_(philosopher)

I enjoyed the ethics of authenticity

Mortimer Adler

I really want to read secular age this summer but Im not sure I have the time

Archilochus

I really hope he finishes his next book before he dies

>Ctrl + F "Gaddis"
>zero results

Heathens. All of you.

Is that you Miss Sullivan?

Neeche

Bertolt Brecht

Gustave Flaubert

Tbh senpai

The handsome fellow on the left

>I read Opium Fiend in 2016
>So perfect that the authour became "my guy" and I wanted to write a letter to him (Steven Martin / pic related)
>I then find out that he died in 2015
>kms

Now I want to write a letter to his father but I don't know if that would be appropriate

Lermontov, Wittgenstein

same desu

Celine for his pure contempt, bukowski for his alcoholic apathy, Nietzsche for his Zarathustra, and my diary desu for trying to make sense of the world and create something that isn't shit with no spiritual grounding or any real intellectual background.

Dunno what you're talking about famalam, his Oblivion-era OOG texts are all great. Skyrim's Seven Fights of the Aldudagga makes subtle reference to oooold Pocket Guide to the Empire stuff like Haymon Hart-King, and the Loveletter and Cyrus works kept people entertained for years as new games came out and the study of the cosmology grew. I love his work, and Vivec especially is in part a writer's class.

C0DA, however, was... not good. Its cleverness was spent in open-sourcing TES, and that seemed like a blow at Bethesda. The story suffered for it. MK's still my boy though.

Celine

while i don't consider myself one of you, your 'guy' is def houellecq

Frantisek Anschel Kafka