What book do I start with?

i dunno what do you want to start with

greeks

que es "Acid dreams" about?
>inb4 acid dreams

William S Burroughs

I was thinking naked lunch.

How is that translation of C&P?

Crime and Punishment, Lolita, Stoner, then ditch the rest.

Read them in chronological order, as you would with reading any other stack of books.

With London--

None.

Instead, sit in a chair and ponder morality. Then you can think about how one day you shall die.

If you're still a shitty person after that, I'd recommend going away from other people for a bit.

Lolita

It is more or less unanimously loved, fairly short, and a relatively easy read, with the exception of some esoteric vocabulary and some untranslated French.

If the Crime and Punishment translator is Constance Garnett you can throw it in the trash.

Why's that?

read them in order of length if you can't choose. or start with the easiest ones:

Call of the Wild/White Fang
The Road
???
Lolita
Crime and Punishment

alternatively you could assign each a number and use a random number generator, or dice, to determine which you start with.

answer one question for me, OP...
>hasn't read call of the wild/white fang, is presumably past middle/early high school
how is this possible?

I don't know man, Naked Lunch, in my opinion, is a bit hard to digest. I'd honestly start with Lolita or even Stoner.

The Call of the Wild- Its as fun as a movie even after numerous readings

Did will write a sponge bob novel?

Why is that edition of Crime and Punishment so thick?

Complete garbage, I bought like 4 of his books all translated by her because they were cheap, trashed them all after finishing the first. You're literally not even reading Dostoevsky if you're reading Garnett's translation.

The only ones I've read in this stack are Crime and Punishment, Lolita, and The Road, but between these, I would say start with Crime and Punishment. There are a lot of long passages going on about characters that get tiring, and jumping into after reading the light and beautiful prose in Lolita would be painful, so it would be harder to appreciate. Skip The Road.

This.

>skip the road
Agreed.

Start by not being 16 years old.

Pretty sure it's the Garnet one, so it's shit.

Whichever one is Greek.