I'm thinking about buying an e-reader so that in-case I will ever move to Europe or another state that I don't have a...

I'm thinking about buying an e-reader so that in-case I will ever move to Europe or another state that I don't have a huge book collection that I need to leave behind or pay gigantic shipping costs for.

And, reading every book I want for free.

Ereaders are comfy as hell tho

get a kobo dont get memed by amazon

Are the older Kindles with the buttons still worth getting? I saw one used and was gonna get it for my parents, since they liked my Paperwhite.

I'd get the one in the OP. I have a voucher of 50 bucks for the store that's selling it so it'd only cost me 40. Bad thing is that that is the only brand they have. So it's either that or a new beard trimmer.

ereaders are fucking expensive though and it will take around a year to break even

The paperwhite is the best choice.

srsly considering getting an e-book reader for my wife, but /g/'s wiki was none too helpful. it seems like the market is mainly amazon vs. kobo, with chink shit in a distant third.

can you list pros and cons for kobo?

no botnet, supports epub and not the amazon proprietary shit slighy better battery.
i am still holding for the end of the patent to enjoy chinkshit ereader thought.

what patent and when is the end?
why for your wife and not yourself?

Where do you guys go for pdfs?

>pdf
fucking mouthbreathing retard

the only real downside of kobos is the software, particularly the pdf reader, but if you download koreader you will be fine

nigga, literally no ereader can render pdf properly

is this an ad?

I know, but the default kobo pdf reader is pretty bad even by ereader standards. The pdf reader on my paperwhite 2 is faster despite being a slower device than my Aura one.

koreader is good, though, it fixes pretty much everything.

>not giving authors royalties

7 inch Kindle Fire tablets are literally just $50 and work great as ereaders. Great weight, shape, size, they only feel a tiny bit flimsy. I bought a cover for $15 and it makes it maximum coziness

I disabled most of the ads and shit and its just great 9.6/10 would recommend

This.

>tablets
>for reading

gen.lib.rus.ec

What the best Kobo ereader?
I don't really care about price.

>no botnet
Who cares?
>supports epub and not the amazon proprietary shit
Calibre.
>slighy better battery