Healthy + cheap + not labor intensive

does it exist co/ck/s?

I just turned 30 and have grown skinnyfat, so I'm trying to turn it around before I go into a death spiral.

I never realized how much calories I was consuming until I started trying to make healthy food. I'm still gorging myself but luckily it's on salads and shit and I'm cutting out sweets. working on portion control too.

I want to keep it up but buying fresh produce and meats in bulk to keep the costs down is just a bitch in kitchen prep. I don't want to spend multiple hours every couple days cleaning and chopping and washing.

any tips to make this easier? money isn't a huge issue but I'd still like to keep the costs as low as possible.

beans and bread.
Put the pinto beans in the saucepan with some water, mash them up a little with a spoon to make them saucy, add tomato paste, spices, frozen peas. Heat and eat on toasted bread = food of the gods.

Depends on your tools and experience per cheapness. No labor short cuts will make better tasting meals.

>salads and shit

most salads are high in calories

stop eating lunch saves you time and money you also get to eat awesome food for dinner everyday

doesn't sound that great user

from scratch, not prepackaged shit.

I know my way around the kitchen so experience and tools isn't really a problem. the next short cut I would probably take is buying per-prepped goods at the expensive grocery store, but I would feel pretentious as shit doing it.

considering this, don't want to hurt my body tho

just because a salad isn't pre-packaged doesn't mean it's not high in calories. in fact, I'd expect that the most high-calorie salads are made at home by fat ladies who drench it in salad dressing and add cheese, meats, croutons, nuts, dried fruits, etc. which are all high calorie ingredients.

I don't use dressing and only small amounts of grated cheese and seared chicken breasts. the expressed purpose of this is to not to do that. I'm not a retard.

i don't eat lunch, and eat dinner at 3 pm.

Yeah I bet if you did a calorie count on your salads they wouldn't be much less than a Big Mac. You'd be surprised.

and I bet if you did an autism test you'd score pretty high. we wouldn't be surprised.

Make your own vegetable soup.
Cheap, easy, good for you, filling.

The difference is that one is made out of salad and the other one is made out of sugar and transfats.

Will you "my body is a calorimeter" memesters please go back to the 1980s

If you don't think legumes are great then your only option is out the window. Canned legumes are the only thing that meet your criteria.

oh I read it first as mashing together the beans and bread and making some type of slurry. I guess that doesn't sound so bad.

Pick 3
Healthy, cheap, fast, and interesting

Honestly it's not hard to eat well cheaply and quickly but you will not be impressing anyone including yourself and if you are the "post every meal to Instagram" type you are fucked

ITT: people who will always be fat no matter how many salads they eat

If you want to minimize labour you'll have to be used to cooking in bulk. I'm not going to forcefeed you nutrition advice but beans make a good base for healthy food, whether you're trying to lose fat or gain muscle.

Soup-base vegetables softened then combined with spices and flavours then good stock and canned beans or lentils are delicious, fast, and healthy. You can cook four potions at once in 20 minutes then microwave as needed. Lots of ways to mix up vegetables, legumes, and flavours to keep it new. Then I just put some easy protein on the side, like a minute steak, baked frozen fish, or scrambled eggs.

that's why I'm trying to change user, gotta start somewhere. I've lost 4lbs this week already though.

thanks user, good advice.

It's pretty simple to lose weight. Calories in, Calories out.

If you have a hard time counting calories, try Richard Simmons Deal a Meal. My dad lost 100 lbs using it.

>Canned legumes are the only thing that meet your criteria.
I cook my pintos in a pressure cooker, drain, and store them in mason jars in the fridge. They last for a week like this, maybe longer. So there is an alternative to canned. They really taste delicious. I'm hooked.

>implying you can even begin to estimate what proportion of calories you actually digest when it's completely dependant on unique personal microbiome
>implying the mechanism to grow fat cells isn't driven by hormonal response with far broader factors than raw caloric intake
Your broscience is a decade out of date

nice tin foil hat, you fucking moron

calories in, calories out, it works, it's what actual doctors still use.

>making excuses this hard for failing at dieting

I lol'd

Actual MDs aren't actual dieticians. Most doctors know fuckall about nutrition because that isn't remotely their job.

>implying a simple model that has worked for millions of people is now nonfunctional because this user here knows of a slightly more complicated model

It works because it doesn't have to be exact, dumbass.

I was skinny fat and started turning things around just before I turned 30. But you'll never do it with diet alone. You need to exercise. You need to lift.

>calories in calories out
Stop saying that. It obviously isn't true. If that was true, then ketosis wouldn't exist.

Of course it works, but it's not an efficient model to approach the problem with. A minor understanding of digestive biology will make things much easier.

By which I mean, with that model, your solution is just "eat less" if you're not losing weight. Which, yes, works. However, "eat different things for the same raw caloric value" will likely also work, and will also be easier to sustain both physically and on your adherence to the attempt.

my goal is to have sore muscles every day and I've done it for the past week or so. will probably be a little bit before I'm ready for lifting though.

Beans, white rice, avocado, chard, spinach, tofu, a small but if cured meat won't kill you, fresh green bean. There you go, go and live a long life.

Sore from what? The best time to start lifting is yesterday. The second best time to start is tomorrow. You'll be fine. Suck it up buttercup.

You can lose weight through starvation and cardio. You might even look ok with clothes on. But naked you'll be a saggy, disgusting mess. Nothing looks worse than an obese person who has managed to lose a little bit of weight, is still fat and has saggy skin.

>I was skinny fat
>You'll never do it with diet alone
>You need exercise
No shit.

cardio, pushups, situps, simple stuff. I guess I can pop over to Veeky Forums. may as well do this right.

OP I'm in school full-time and trying to eat decently as well, so here's what I do a lot of the time (warning: doesn't taste amazing).

Get a slowcooker and buy 4 chicken breasts and one or two bags of frozen veg (I get a mixture of green beans, soy beans, corn, peas) and whatever spices you like (I use garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili flakes, ms dash, literally whatever I have around).

Throw in half of your veggies, season them, then throw the chicken in, season that, then one more layer of veggies and more seasoning. I pour in some olive oil then a bit of water (basically just until it barely covers all the food). Put the slow cooker on high for 6 hours.

Again, it doesn't taste great but it gets the job done. Healthy, easy, can set it up in the morning and just leave it until you get home. You can also throw in things like sweet potatoes.

I like to eat it with hot sauce. I use 4 good size chicken breasts & two bags of veg & it lasts me for 3-5 meals.

Besides that I eat cereal or granola & skyr for breakfast and I snack on things like rice cakes (cheddar or butter flavored or plain with peanut butter) and protein bars. Occasionally get a bag of crackers or chips to eat with my meals.

Makes it easy to get some decent protein in and some carbs for energy without going crazy with calories.

I suppose you could add "eat less junk and more veggies"

Try using something besides water, like stock. Or something acidic, I use V8 as a sauce/soup base all the time.

stock isn't a bad idea, can't believe I've never tried it. fwiw I dump the liquid after it's done cooking so I feel like maybe stock would just make it needlessly more expensive? idk i'm just trying to make meals as healthy, quickly, easily, and cheaply as possible haha.

Pot crock, seriously. Tons of meals will mix a bunch of veggies, meats, and stuff cheaply.

That's water and poo weight user. Nobody can healthily lose more than 2 pounds a week tops. 2 pounds of fat means you have to cut 7000 calories more than you burn. If you cut out 500 calories more than you burn per day you'll burn 3500 in a week and lose a pound a week.

You'll gain the weight you've "lost" back. Most people swing between five pounds of water and poo weight. It's worse if you're female cause periods.

Pick a day of the week. After your morning/evening wee and poo step on the scale. Anything you weigh yourself in between is useless.

Losing weight isn't instant. Because you're psyched about 4 pounds in one week you're going to get burned out real fast.

Losing a half pound a week for 4 months will drop you about 8-10 pounds.

Just download MyFitnessPal and shoot to lose half a pound a week. Do not lie to the fucking app about what you eat. You're not helping yourself.

That is all. It's boring and takes a long time. You got as fat as you are over years, you can afford to fix it in a few months.

thanks user, the hard truth

Beans are cheap and pretty retard-proof to cook.

My go-to is to sweat some diced onions in a pot, throw in some tomato paste, a little garlic (optional), diced tomatos and beans, add a little water and let it simmer for 30-40 mins. Cheap, easy and pretty tasty. You can improve the taste with some herbs or spices if you want.

And if you hit a funk, try an ECA stack. Ephedrine + caffeine pills + aspirin = mega energy & minimal appetite.

Go on and off for two weeks. By the end of two weeks, you'll feel like your heart will explode. That's how you know it is working. They pulled products containing ECA off the market after some fatties had heart attacks but you can still buy all the ingredients separately. Ephedrine is sold behind the pharmacy counter because pill heads use it to make meth. But you can buy it without a prescription.