Chamomile
Kava

>mate
>chai
>coca

Pu'er
Rooibos if you count that
White tea
Off the shelf bagged Five Roses if you don't count the rooibos.

green tea
oolong
jasmine

>pu'erh
>lapsang souchong
>good quality earl grey

dancong
alishan
dongfang meiren

Going with big brand tea because I like always knowing no matter where I am I can find one of these.

Newman's Earl grey
Trader Joe's Black chai
Tazo orange

>peach mango
that ain't tea mang

>

How do you make green tea not be bitter and acidic?

sugar. per cup I add 4-5 table spoons

Use lower temperature water 80°C / 176°F and brew for shorter periods.

Oh? what part of the states are you from?

I'll try this out. I let the kettle come to a full boil.

Thanks.

tea spoons*

GA

>sweet black tea

Only tea I have tried, besides green tea.

Dong Ding Oolong
Red and Green Rooibos
Jasmine Pearls

Darjeeling
Earl grey
Regular black

All unsweetened

>ripe pu'er
>silver needle
>tie guan yin

rooibos is nice but it is not tea :^)

Green
Peppermint
Chamomile

>Green
>Peppermint

You'd probably like Maghrebi mint tea, it's a blend of Gunpowder Green tea and Mint.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maghrebi_mint_tea

>two things that aren't tea and the word "tea" with Indian accent

why are you here

FUCK TEA
COFFEE REIGNS SUPREME

I like both

Oolong
Chinese greens
Matcha

Patrick Ian as fuck.

>gyokuro
>earl grey
>sancha

>gunpowder imperial
>oolong
>chamomile

Fun story time: I was dating this chick and left a messenger bag at her house that had a zip-lock baggie full of gunpowder tea in it. Needless to say, the mom rooted through my bag and found the tea, and when I came back she threatened to call the cops. Needless to say she was in for a rude awakening when I showed her a tea ball in one of the pockets. Fuckin' cunt.

1. Hibiscus
2&3 are tied between peppermint and chai.

1.Kombucha

Valerian to sleep, Assam to wake up, St Johns Wort so I don't accidentally kill myself.

Peppermint
Earl Grey

1. Houjicha
2. Earl grey
3. Tie between oolong and sencha

Fuck that picture is too nice, I have to make tea now.
1. Rooibos
2. Earl Grey
3. anything else

orange pekoe

>Sweet tea
>Extra sweet tea
>Simple Syrup with tea flavoring

This is the only answer.

green tea mint

green tea

green tea

Black tea

>Ding Dong Oolong

Why doesn't this ring any bells?

Jasmine, green, black. Iced or hot.

Anything with ginger, anything with fennel, anything with ginger/fennel.

sweet tea (im southern), black tea with nothing,
vanilla chai tea with cream

How do I make my own quality iced green tea?

1. Golden Eyebrow or similar (Golden Monkey, Yunnan Gold, Black Pearl...)
2. Silver Needle
3. Jasmine Silver Needle

In the market for a new pot/ set. Want to just do a press for simplicity/ price, but really want a gong fu set. WW/CK/D?

black with cardamom
gunpowder
green with mint

You're gonna need to goto a tea store to pick a nice tea from and a strainer.

If you can find it, google "Good Eats True Brew 1&2"

I was trying to find it, youtube has it but you'd have to buy the entire season
I think it's like 10 bucks tho. I torrented it. So I'mma watch it a bit later.

Where you y'all buy your lapsang?

If you want to get into tea, buy an electric kettle that allows you to customize the temp. Boiling water will scorch whites, green, and oolongs making them very bitter. Time is also a major factor though, usually need to experiment and find the sweet spot. If its not strong enough for taste, use more tea, not more time.

Do hit us up with those deets. Also who the fuck is seeding Good Eats?

I dunno, but I went to the bay and snagged it.

1. Ginger Peach & Black Pecoe that I make up as sun tea in the summer and as stovetop sweet tea the rest of the year.
2. Coyotes of the Puple Sage (an American Earl Grey blend that I can no longer find as it was only mixed up by a bookstore/teahouse in Montana somewhere that has since been absorbed by a larger company)
3. Warsong of the Sugar Plum Fairies (Seasonal christmas blend heavy with apples, rosehips and ginger by the same bookstore/teahouse)

I miss my teas

There use to be a tea general on Veeky Forums a while back, I wonder what happened to it. I have a feeling it's due to Veeky Forums being a slow board.

Ginger and lemon.

Dianhong
Dong Ding
Bai Mudan

Yerba

1. Sencha
2. Jasmine
3. CTC black tea with milk

This isn't tea you africaboo

1. Arizona
2. Lipton
3. Brisk

Sencha
Earl Grey
Lapsung Souchong

What is the secret to making a full hot chai?

Guys I'm running into some shortage of teas, I'm covered in good places to buy excellent pure teas from china and all over the world, but the pleb in me misses black blended scented teas. Specifically, earl gray and vanilla (I know). What's a good place to buy those that ships worldwide? I usually go with kusmi tea for that kind but the other premium tea websites have spoiled me with their leaf quality, you guys got any suggestions?

What's wrong with Earl grey? Pretty sure it has roots in China since oil of Bergamot=oranges= not grown in England

>earl grey
>white
>english breakfast

no, but they are grown in france. nothing wrong with it but it's stil a scented tea. All that aside, any places to buy it online?

Green tea
Jasmine tea
Recently tried artichoke tea in Vietnam,it's good too

I like a lot of froofy black tea blends. Top three in my cupboard:
>Rooibos with orange and cactus
>Earl Grey citrus
>Local tea blend of black + white tea, with vanilla, raspberry and blueberry

I had this basically every night when I was in Morocco ages ago, fucking delicious.

I only drink Earl Grey and English Breakfast

Rose hip and hibiscus
Peppermint
Corn

found the southerner

1. Darjeeling
2. Peppermint
3. Rosehip

t. northern yankee scum

1: Da Hong Pao
2: Silver Needle
3: Tie Guan Yin

1. dong ding
2. lung ching
3. genmaicha

>and a nip ching chong to you too

Is Panatea's matcha really THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST like the reviews say? Shit's pretty expensive for an oz

1. Genmaicha
2. Irish breakfast
3. Some jasmine tea

Am I doing something wrong with sencha? Every time I try it, I find that it just tastes like boiled grass. I use the proper temperature and time, but the result is always the same.

It seems like since the generals got booted off the board a lot of tea general people left. I guess Veeky Forums has a high turnover rate.

It could be the type of sencha or the temperature. However you may be right and sencha just may not be the tea for you. Grassy is an extremely common descriptor for sencha. Of course depending on other factors it can also be bitter, astringent, "umami," sweet, or salty. However some of these "flavors" may be smell distorting the sense of taste and are therefore misleading. If you think you're missing out I can say the best way to pick up on more subtle flavors by limiting your exposure to only the thing you want to taste, in this case sencha.

My experience is that the common recommended parameters (70c for ~2 minutes) get's rid of a lot of astringency and bitterness, which leaves it tasting very grassy. When I have sencha I like to do a short 5-10 second steep with boiled water. Poured over ice is also very good.

>Jasmine
>Black
>Green

i added some orange spice tea at the end for the final steep because she said chaga doesn't have much flavor on its own. turned out pretty alright, and i sweetened with some pure maple syrup. made enough for about a week of drinking half a mason jar/day. interested to see what the difference in taste is hot vs chilled.

I come in once in a while. What happened to the generals? Did the mods get mad that they existed?

what the fuck, how did my comment not paste over? sorry, i guess. here's the whole thing

i made some chaga tea yesterday. my friend who lives way up in the northwest of canada sent me a jar in return for some sourdough loaves i sent her, and i wanted to at least give it a try

definitely unlike any other tea i had made before, and it was unbelievable how, even after 3 hours of simmering and 1 of steeping, the chunks were still basically rock hard. neat little property that you can reuse them, though.

i added some orange spice tea at the end for the final steep because she said chaga doesn't have much flavor on its own. turned out pretty alright, and i sweetened with some pure maple syrup. made enough for about a week of drinking half a mason jar/day. interested to see what the difference in taste is hot vs chilled.

I think that was the case. I don't frequent Veeky Forums as much anymore (I only checked in a couple times a week even when tea general was at it's peak), but I think coffee general and al/ck/oholics was also top tier cancer then.

but what DOES chaga taste like? I've never heard of it before now but wiki says it's usually ground not in brick, which I think would lend more flavor.

welp, it's Veeky Forums so it's hard to get on with no cancer some place.

as far as I remember the tea general just died out because of the lack of conversation. When there's a thread everyday, all you really say is I had X it tasted Y, usually with no response.

There's still /coffee/ and al/ck generals up rn

1. Earl Grey
2. Gunpowder Green
3. Roobios or Mint

tieguanyin (iron goddess)
lapsang souchong
genmaicha or pi luo chun (green snail spring) depending on what time of year it is

The solution is more memes
with a subtle lychee aftertaste

that made me chuckle more than you think

Will try thanks

Favorite brands?
I like Harney and Sons

I saw some gunpowder tea in the store?
Is it special?

Same they care about where they source their stuff. They also don't bullshit you on accessories or promising stupid health benefits only good quality tea.

The same can be said about bottled water but I bet it's like all the same plant but with a different label.

I guess it depends on how good the sencha is and what kind of flavors you like. I brew mine with a lot of leaf at relatively low temps. Almost 1g per 25ml and steep times of a minute or less at around 70C. That brings out a lot of the umami and sweet notes. Higher temps will make it more astringent, but I always considered that to be the more "grassy" flavor. Sencha needs to be reasonably fresh and stored well too. It can taste fine for a long time before it gets completely stale, but you really only have a few weeks after you open it before it starts to fade.

It's definitely a love it or hate it kind of thing, but if you drink genmaicha it's probably worth playing around with to see if you just don't like sencha.

Revolutions aren't made over a spot of tea.

1. Tettley
2. Lipton
3. Bushels

Normally just get whichever one is on special.

Pu'er
Sencha or gyokuro green tea
Rooibos

Darjeeling and Assam with honorable mentions

Iron goddess
Milan dancong
Jin jun mei

Chepest black tea I can get at my discounter.

I wanna branch out tho.

>jasmine with lavender petal
>golden monkey
>english breakfast