How else can I enhance the delicious taste of cottage cheese?

How else can I enhance the delicious taste of cottage cheese?

The other day I made a thread asking why cottage cheese is so disgusting. I thought i was going to like it but it was frothy and watery and disgusting.

Well, I retract my statement. Before I got this fat free, small curd Trader Joes cottage cheese and it was shit. Now I got large curd, 4% Lucerne and its creamy and cheesy and amazing. I've almost eaten a whole large tub and I got another tub today.

What else can I eat it with aside from salt and pepper?

Fruits, jam, honey and tomatoes are nice additions.

Tomatoes sound good. I don't like the sound of putting sweet things in it.

add sour cream or yogurt or some quark or maybe a little queso fresco or some paneer to double up on your mild dairy product goodness

I forgot ricotta and mozerella

Same here, I was just going to reply that I prefer the savory pairings. If you've ever had a tzatziki yogurt sauce, you can treat this pretty similar. Cucumbers are nice and simple, or garlic and dill for a more robust flavor.

I usually eat it on toast or mixed with grated carrot.

The Nancy's brand tastes much more sour and is far superior

Noted

Toast sounds good. I was going to get some crackers to have it with too.

I'm just replying to make sure we get a third installment of this compelling story. Where will our cottage cheese themed hero take us next?

basil.

It's been pretty life changing. I think initially I just liked the named cottage cheese. Then the description seemed like something I would like so I got some.

I was so disappointed to open that little Trader Joes tub. The whey was kind of yellow and watery, and when I mixed the little curd up it got full of bubbles. It was almost slimy.

Giving it another try with the Lucerne 4% large curd was a great decision. I peeled off that foil and was greeted with this creamy looking, fluffy mount of curds. I took a spoon full and it was mild, creamy, toothsome delight,

I've been eating little bowls of it with pepper non stop. I just want to continue with cottage cheese journey right which is why I came here for suggestions. I think tomorrow I'll get some Triscuits. Unless...do you think the Dollar Store has them? That's pretty close.

go ask Veeky Forums, pretty sure they have macros for cottage cheese recipes

Mix it with shallots, parsley, salt & pepper and a dash of olive oil. Serve on toast.

It also pairs nicely with radishes.

nothing wrong with small curds, but going fat free with dairy is just asking for punishment.

Mix peanut butter and whey protein power. That shit is my go2 meal after lifting. You can do chocolate or my personal favorite; cookies and cream.

Curry paste, pepper, sambal oleak, that super salad seasoning.

Paprika powder. Shitloads of it.

50/50 it with cheddar on a welsh rarebit and it's really nice.

SALT AND PEPPER YOU FUCKING AUTIST

Mix it with pesto and it makes a delicious pasta sauce.

I mostly just put it in pasta sauces because I eat pasta all the time.

Ketchup

Throw it in a salad.

You did right by buying large curd 4% cottage cheese. It's the ONLY kind worth eating. I can down a tub of it plain, but I also like it with a little honey on it. I mainly just enjoy it plain, though.

scallion, salt and pepper or hot sauce

Yeahh. Go OP. Good on you for trying something different. Best thing to eat it with is fresh fruit slices. Plums, nectarines, peaches, cantaloupe, or raspberry sauce, with some crackers on the side, or honey and cucumber sticks, you've got a primo lunch. Never tried it savory but adding dill might be good.

>adding salt to a very salty cheese

ISHYIGGIDYGGYDDT

>shiggy-posting
>post-2012

I sure hope yo- well I'm sure you can guess the rest.

I can get behind this

I explicitely said I wanted to try something in addition to that. And yes, I realized I only really need pepper, not salt.

People keep suggesting fruit and honey and I've been weary. But so many people can't be wrong.

I see this now.

>ctrl+f
>cinnamon, 0 results
niggers the lot of ya

Cottage cheese isn't that salty where I live. Maybe it's different for you.

I think it goes really nicely with tomato or cucumber on some roasted rye bread. I've worked with people, usually fat women, who just ate it out of the tub with a spoon. Some of them added strawberry jam. I didn't find it appealing.

Nothing beats the pepper.

I will try that.

nice fuckin dubs bois

not just cinnamon, but peanut butter and protein powder with it. practically a full meal with half your protein requirements and really good tasting. i don't even bother with protein shakes anymore.

Cottage cheese varies wildly from brand to brand and from curd size and fat %. You can easily be in a situation where you love cottage cheese, but fucking hate certain store bought brands of it because the difference is night and day.